• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CAMSHAFT

• biofotos

• jaxx

• RossP

Top Posters In This Topic

My kit which I had bought from HKS Japan, had the FCon mini which is all the kit needs. It handles the extra needed fuel and the spark timing. It also had a thingy which looked like the HKS-AFR. In full load, the a/f ratio is always 12.

I have read many times that the kit needs an extra piggy-back ECU. Why ? The one included, handles the situation very well.

If someone unplugs the FCon-mini, the car pings all the time because it is running extra lean. The knock sensor is protecting the engine from anything bad. Of course there is always a limit ... ;)

Fcon mini

now thats more sense! never realised it had that, but i was sure Nick had trouble with his as it didnt have anything backing up the fuel? cant remember

lads i don`t know if it does or does not need a piggy back ecu, it`s been fed-ex so i should have it by the end of the week, if its here by friday it will be on by monday so we will know all by then. i`ll ask the lads in ears moto today about the ecu, i`d tried Tdi but as soon as they here "yaris" and "Turbo" i get the feeling "o :censor: off with your 1.0L, waster", it a pain to find out anything off them either that or he can`t understand the way i talk cause i`m irish :D . but for €750, i can`t go wrong, even if i need a new ecu, i`ll let ye all know. thank.

The problem I think is that the manual with the fitting instructions is published only in JAPANESE !!! I have contacted HKS Japan and they have told me that since they speak Japanese, the manual comes only in Japanese :ffs: They also told me that there was not an English language version. Then I have contacted HKS Europe who told me in a few words to f*** off since I had not bought the kit from them :arrgg-matey:

Then I have tried to ask TDi if they could help me with the wiring. They have responded me that they would charge me 700 quid just to send me an e-mail with the wiring instructions in English :help:

After all that "customer support" I contacted a friend of mine who was living in London and had a friend who was Japanese. The rest is history :lol:

The fitting procedure of the mechanical parts is piece of cake for a qualified mechanic. The wiring of the piggy back is somewhat tricky.

An intercooler is not necessary (although in Greece where the temperature is high, is important) since the turbo pressure is low. Since now, I have installed the kit almost two years ago without an intercooler and the only problem was that in summer with 40o C I had lost some PS :unsure: . Now I have bought a second hand chargecooler from a Celica GT4 which I will install in the next weeks ...

Anyway, the name of HKS guarantees that the engine is always protected.

by any chance have ya still got the english fitting instructions.

by any chance have ya still got the english fitting instructions.

;) :D

go on have ya got them. :thumbsup:

This kit is designed for the 1SZ engine. My car is almost 108 PS (from dyno session) without an intercooler.

The same kit mechanically fits the 2SZ engine also. The problem is that a second piggy-back computer like Greddy e-manage, Dastek Unichip or even an APEXi SAFC or HKS Super AFR is needed, in order to correct the fuel curves.

Hope I helped :bye:

then. ......i`ll ask the lads in ears moto today about the ecu, .....

Ears?? Is that Ears Ireland L.T.D? Because thats where i got the Booster bodykit from :thumbsup: They seem to know their stuff :)

Ears?? Is that Ears Ireland L.T.D? Because thats where i got the Booster bodykit from :thumbsup: They seem to know their stuff :)

yea top lads :thumbsup: not like :censor: Tdi, I`ll have the kit next week so i`ll know for defo if the chip is with it, until then all i can do is sit and wait. o yea where did ya get your alloys cfc, i`m thinking about changing mine and i like urs

ah cushtie so how much bhp is it gona be running! standard is 67 according to top gear, but some people on here have said its 64bhp!

$1000, thats about £500 init? $2 to the £1

ah cushtie so how much bhp is it gona be running! standard is 67 according to top gear, but some people on here have said its 64bhp!

$1000, thats about £500 init? $2 to the £1

the 1.0L Yaris has 2 bhp`s in the 1sz-fe engine i have the 70 bhp engine,the other has 69 bhp

as for power increases i`ll just have to wait and see.

Edited by CAMSHAFT

yea top lads :thumbsup: not like :censor: Tdi, I`ll have the kit next week so i`ll know for defo if the chip is with it, until then all i can do is sit and wait. o yea where did ya get your alloys cfc, i`m thinking about changing mine and i like urs

I got thw wheels from Envy, £550 if i remember :thumbsup:

The Uk yaris has an engine immobiliser in the ECU, the Vitz in japland dont therefore the piggyback ECU with the HKs kit doesnt work with the UK ECUs.

same goes for the HKS SAFC i had it wired up by a japanese company who are japanese and speak japanes and can read japanese.

once wired up to all he right connections it still didnt adjust the fueling.

Couldn't you just get the turbo and then get the UK ECU re-programmed? Would that do it?

The Uk yaris has an engine immobiliser in the ECU, the Vitz in japland dont therefore the piggyback ECU with the HKs kit doesnt work with the UK ECUs.

same goes for the HKS SAFC i had it wired up by a japanese company who are japanese and speak japanes and can read japanese.

once wired up to all he right connections it still didnt adjust the fueling.

lad i know you have done this so any help would be great, the fitting of the turbo it self will be o.k, i just worried about the ECU end of things, no one as far a i know round here done it apart from you, so what do you think i should, i`m a little lost on this one

:help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help:

well if i was in your shoes i would be saying

'hey i saved a bundle on the kit, i should spunk the rest on an ECU'

maybe... the Apexi SAFC II would work. but i havnt done that and i dont know if any one in the UK has used it on a UK ECU.

1700.oo pounds would get you an ECU, fully wired and Mapped.

well if i was in your shoes i would be saying

'hey i saved a bundle on the kit, i should spunk the rest on an ECU'

maybe... the Apexi SAFC II would work. but i havnt done that and i dont know if any one in the UK has used it on a UK ECU.

1700.oo pounds would get you an ECU, fully wired and Mapped.

how did you do, a stand alone or ????

the lads think they should be able to by-pass the piggy back hks ecu and not have have immobiliser run through it. so in other words the new piggy back ecu will not have any thing to do with the immobiliser at all, so hopfully sorted. next problom the plug and either side of the yaris ecu are diffetent than the ones on the vitz, so i have had to get the pin drawings for both ecu`s and we will have to just wire the piggy back ecu to the yaris ecu pin by pin, i know its a pain but it should work it will take a lot of time, but if it work grand if not i`ll just ahve to save for a ecu. just have to wait and see. thank for the help lads, if anyone knows anything else i should know it would be great. so over the next few weeks i`ll be flat out but it should be worth it