Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Celica Problems

John Moat

Hello

:help:

Im in the process of looking for a 1995 - 1998 celica 2.0 GT and would be greatfull if anyone could advise me of any problem areas I should be looking out for.

Thanks

John

Hello and welcome to TOC :D

And as its a Celica you are looking for then there shouldnt be any problems you have to look put for. :P

hello fellow geordie , nothing in the way of real problems with the gt,i'd suggest making sure the abs works fine,the engine is running ok and no oil leaks,check all electric items work properly ,sun roof, windows, mirrors,air con,also try and get the lambda sensor readout ( emissions ) from the mot as these can cost alot of £ notes and engine wont run very good if and when it breaks down. other than this i say go for it , if you can get the 1995,96 model as power output dropped in the latter years

Im in the process of looking for a 1995 - 1998 celica 2.0 GT

How about a very respectable ZERO problems ST?

CLICKY

hello fellow geordie , nothing in the way of real problems with the gt,i'd suggest making sure the abs works fine,the engine is running ok and no oil leaks,check all electric items work properly ,sun roof, windows, mirrors,air con,also try and get the lambda sensor readout ( emissions ) from the mot as these can cost alot of £ notes and engine wont run very good if and when it breaks down. other than this i say go for it , if you can get the 1995,96 model as power output dropped in the latter years

Cheers m8 ive heard nothin but good reports but thanks for the tips. Dont supose u know of any for sale or any decent dealers (cars not drugs) in the north east?

Thanks

John

shed loads in autotrader.try to find a 2 litre gt for power and one thats not been modified engine wise too much .if you can afford the insurance and the car get a gt4 far much better car than all the other celica models.imho :thumbsup:

tom , rose is selling up and off to new zealand the last i read. :thumbsup:

Hi

Im looking to buy my first Celica, but im not sure which one to get.

It will be a series 5 but I dont know whether to get the 2.0gt or the gt4.

Can anyone tell me what to watch out for when buying and what are the performance specs for the two models.

Cheers

On the gen 6 i was told the handbrake cable was a thing to change as they are abit iffy, also under the doors get abit of rust. Also really check for knocking on the rear suspension. I think others will agree about the rear.

Damn this makes them sound iffy. They are sound, very nice to drive, lots of room. And funny as hell if you have tall friends. my mate that is 6 foot 4 has to open the sun roof hatch to get his head in :) even better when i make him sit in the back :).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links