Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

An Anti Road Rage Car

Caz SR

Engineers are currently working with Toyota to develop anti road rage technology, on a new concept car called the Pod. They've submitted a US patent for 'mood' changing headlamps, windscreens and panels. These are intended to convey the driver's current mood or disgust at another driver, without them having to resort to the ol' middle finger / hollow handshake and/or obscene amounts of profanity...

Daft idea or the future in the making?

http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/article/0...1500204,00.html

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder how my "pod" would adjust? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Will they make a swearing version that relies heavily on the "C" word?

"If the driver was cheerful the car might wink to let another car go first by shading a headlight so it appears half-closed."

...or in Karma's case...

"If the driver was extremely aggravated by people using their fog lights at inappropriate times, a big red sign would flash on the car saying - "You've got your fog lights on, you C***."

:lol:

"If the driver was extremely aggravated by people using their fog lights at inappropriate times, a big red sign would flash on the car saying - "You've got your fog lights on, you C***."

:lol:

OOOOOOOOOOOhhhhh it winds me up when they have their fog lights on!!!

Not that I'd ever let on ;)

I always thought a car that would slow down the angrier you got would be a good idea.

I imagine lots of accidents are the result of someone getting angry/impatient and doing something stupid.

imagine how angry you'd get if your car started slowing down because you were wound up by being late for something and the angrier you get the slower it goes

So.... If Cop sees car bonet glowig RED

What are the bets on how much the standard on spot fine guaranteed to be introduced will be?

A car that shout AM RAGEING - FINE ME! hmmmmm think the goverment will ensure the ideas introduction esp to the UK

I think I would loose it a little more if a nonanimate object starts telling to chill-out. I would have to find somewhere to pull up and beat the crap out of the car :lol:

I think I would loose it a little more if a nonanimate object starts telling to chill-out. I would have to find somewhere to pull up and beat the crap out of the car  :lol:

I've just got the image of loads of irate drivers bashing their cars with branches John Cleese style as I drive up the M5 car park on a weekend.

Wasn't there a thread on here for ugliest car! :lol:

Just reading about it, it was suggesting the angrier you get the duller your lights go. That would be a pain at night when someone pisses you off in front and you lights dim down so you can't see properly!

They should get brighter, and your engine should sound louder - and the front should change to look more aggressive - that would be better

Driving that thing.... I'd have road rage ona clear road!!!

You shoul;d have seen me in manchester yesterday and cearphilly today... would have done you all "proud" :ph34r::bye:

Engineers are currently working with Toyota to develop anti road rage technology, on a new concept car called the Pod.  They've submitted a US patent for 'mood' changing headlamps, windscreens and panels. These are intended to convey the driver's current mood or disgust at another driver, without them having to resort to the ol' middle finger / hollow handshake and/or obscene amounts of profanity...

Daft idea or the future in the making?

http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/article/0...1500204,00.html

i think the first time i heard about this pod car was about 2yrs ago, on a game called gran turismo concept. i think it looks quite poo to b honest. the lights changes different colour when its in a different mood, from red, blue and theres more but i cant remember them. also it makes funny noises aswell which is a bit scary. :wacko:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links