Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Diesel Tuning? Can I Chip It?

bigrobb

can i chip my 2.0 diesel corolla?

ive seen big gains on other make and models of cars from an unprated ecu.

are there anywebsites which will help me find out more into chipping.

is my corolla diesel 71bhp as standard? i ask because ive had a random search on prkers and it states that my corrola diesel only has 71 bhp!

i would of thought that the 71bhp would be because the engine is restricted by the ECU, no?

and yes it is pathetic saying its a 2.0 lol

Hi i dont have a diesel but i know that these guys are the diesel tuning gurus when it comes to engine managment and upgrades

Van Aaken :thumbsup:

Hope it helps :thumbsup:

Being a standard indirect injection atmo (non-turbo) diesel, there's not a whole lot you can do. Best way to increase power is by swapping out the 2C for a newer 1CD-FTV (2.0 D-4D) out of a newer Corolla or Avensis, or any model with that engine. I just might go the same route in a few years with my 1.8 petrol saloon, as I really want a diesel, and I think putting the money into my Corolla will give me a car I'll be a lot happier with it than a VW Bora TDI (the only small saloon here in the U.S. to offer a diesel engine). Maybe a late Carina E 2.0 Turbo Diesel would also be an option (early Avensis turbodiesels had the same 2C-T engine).

• 3 months later...
Being a standard indirect injection atmo (non-turbo) diesel, there's not a whole lot you can do.  Best way to increase power is by swapping out the 2C for a newer 1CD-FTV (2.0 D-4D) out of a newer Corolla or Avensis, or any model with that engine.  I just might go the same route in a few years with my 1.8 petrol saloon, as I really want a diesel, and I think putting the money into my Corolla will give me a car I'll be a lot happier with it than a VW Bora TDI (the only small saloon here in the U.S. to offer a diesel engine).  Maybe a late Carina E 2.0 Turbo Diesel would also be an option (early Avensis turbodiesels had the same 2C-T engine).

i would totaly aggree with you on the power in the 2.0D. i had a 2.0d carina and she was as slow. but yet again very good in fuel.

den i bought a 2.0Gti carina which is 177bhp. shes a rocket.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

this is an old post but it is mentioned that the parts from tte.de are available from the toyota dealer. is this from experience as the chap at my local dealer says no.

cheers

matt

this is an old post but it is mentioned that the parts from tte.de are available from the toyota dealer. is this from experience as the chap at my local dealer says no.

cheers

matt

All dealers should be able to get hold of all TTE products :yes:

This may be of interest to you though: Linky

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links