Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Landcruiser Vx

Hugster

Hi,

Just bought a '96/P Landcruiser VX & love it.

I have a few wants if anyone is able to help I would be greatful...

Manual: didn't get one with it - Anyone know where to get one? I know what most of the buttons do, but I am a bit grey with a few!! (Diff lock??)

Spare key: didn't get one of these either & I need one - Help please.

Fuse box cover: Yep...I also need one of these.

Thanks.

Hugster. :help:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi - I have got a manual for one if you would like it. Drop me an e-mail with your address on and I will post it to you. Glad to see it go to a good home !!

Nick :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

Just bought a '96/P Landcruiser VX & love it.

I have a few wants if anyone is able to help I would be greatful...

Manual: didn't get one with it - Anyone know where to get one?  I know what most of the buttons do, but I am a bit grey with a few!! (Diff lock??)

Spare key: didn't get one of these either & I need one - Help please.

Fuse box cover: Yep...I also need one of these.

Thanks.

Hugster. :help:

Diff lock = Differential lock. This activates hydraulics in the rear axle, locking it so that both rear wheels get equal torque no matter what the slip conditions. Very helpful in extreme low traction conditions like deep snow and loose mud at low speeds. If you have the switch that turns and says RR, FR etc. then that means you have THREE locking diffs. That means you can basically drive through snow up to the door handles and you will not get stuck, period. Landcruisers so equipped are literally unstoppable monsters.

A word of caution though. Don't fiddle with this switch on dry roads. It's serious business. Only for use on very slippery surfaces (but NOT icy roads!) Engaging the differential lock on a dry road could cause expensive damage and it makes the vehicle difficult to steer. It is only for use in extreme terrain and at 5 mph or under.

On an icy road, it can make the vehicle slide sideways suddenly and make it much harder to control. Truth is, you will probably never use it unless you are a serious off-roader, but it will get you out of just about any jam should you find yourself stuck in the mud with a wheel spinning someday-- it will pop you right out of any mudhole. Think of it as a 'panic button'

• 11 years later...

How is the differential lock switch used? Is it as simple as pushing it in and turning it to the desired position? Or does the clutch, brake have to be engaged?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links