Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Took Some Photos Today

KidKoala

Is that a washing machine in the boot? :lol:

pic, pic, pic, pic, pic, pic, whallop! theres the sub, pic :P

I like breakbeat and hip hop, has to be listened to on a decent system.

for sure! bet that shakes the car off the road!!!

It's a slot ported 2.0 Cubic feet enclosure that I custom built, so its very low deep bass. Perfect for breaks/hip hop/dub/reggae/anything else I play :P

That looks to be in superb condition, nice example. :drool:

Although I like the mica blue colour of mine (get a lovely deep gloss) I do think AE82 and AE92 GTI's look ace in White (due to them colour coding the bumpers as well which suited it in that colour).

Square number plate is a very nice touch. Also nice to see standard airbox is still on it.

A real credit to you. :thumbsup:

Well taken pictures: nice setting, a cold yet bright sunny day.

Sure its not a bad example. The pictures are however slighly misleading :P

There is rust at the bottom of the rear quarter window, almost a hole around the tailgate wiper arm, there is a bit of rust on the arches, the front bumper is cracked, there is overspray on the windows where someones sprayed the car without covering it up! When the weather gets warmer I'll see about tidying these areas up, and maybe get a quote for some professional body work..

Your another person to mention rust on tailgate, this I was never aware of until I joined this forum.

Front wheel arch were it fixes to the plastic inner arch (by two bolts) in two little places is the only place mine has/is rusted :crybaby: , but my GTi has never ever been 'touched up' /is orginal paint. Also friends GTi has had to have the back of the sill/lower front part of rear arch welded for M.O.T, so suppose I should not moan and be greatful :!Removed!: .

That looks to be in superb condition, nice example.  :drool:

A real credit to you. :thumbsup:

I'll take that as a compliment as it was my old car! Cheers dude :thumbsup:

But as Conrad said, photos can be a bit missleading. I did most of the rust prevention and resoration myself because I didn't have the budget to get it professionally done. Unfortunately with time always being very tight, it's not as good as I would have liked to have got it, but it's not bad and I was quite proud of the work I did B)

The credit to the square front plate is credit to the bloke that owned it before me :yes:

Conrad, get ontop of the bit of rust by the rear wiper arm and on the rear side windows as soon as - you don't want it to get much worse before it's too late :thumbsup:

Excellent photos - it's weird seeing my old car in someone elses photos :thumbsup:

Conrad, get ontop of the bit of rust by the rear wiper arm and on the rear side windows as soon as - you don't want it to get much worse before it's too late :thumbsup:

I think the tailgate may have had it tbh :crybaby: and by the rear windows not sure how much good metal will be behind that, probs have to pay a body shop to sort it...

maybe de-wiper the rear window.

Looking good mate :thumbsup: .Yes it may be worthwhile getting another tailgate.Good luck with getting rid of the rust.It can get out of hand before you know it ,so stay on top of it as System~G advised.

Ant :)

I think the tailgate may have had it tbh :crybaby: and by the rear windows not sure how much good metal will be behind that, probs have to pay a body shop to sort it...

I keep forgetting about the large bit of bubbled paint work behind the number plate :!Removed!:

You should be able to get a replacement tailgate for around £40 - £60 and it should be in pretty good nick too for that price :thumbsup:

It also looks like you've given the car a good proper clean Con, mate :thumbsup:

I keep forgetting about the large bit of bubbled paint work behind the number plate :!Removed!:

You should be able to get a replacement tailgate for around £40 - £60 and it should be in pretty good nick too for that price :thumbsup:

It also looks like you've given the car a good proper clean Con, mate :thumbsup:

Aye, I noticed the bubble when I looked at it, nothing new on me, when I buy a car I check pretty much everywhere for rust, I'm used to it being a mini enthusiast.

Would be nice to find a replacement tailgate, can i remove the spoiler from mine and put it on the new one?

I looked at taking the carbon fibre num. plate surround off but it was held on with sticky pads so i didnt bother.

Sure I gave it a proper clean, I took it to the jetwash, took the gold plan (£5) shampooed and waxed it, and jetwashed all the salt out of the arches etc... Then when I got out the jetwash a bird shat all over my car on the way home :crybaby: I then continued to do the bucket and sponge thing for about an hour until i got it properly clean.

Need to find some sort of solvent to get the overspray off the trim/windows.

The wheels are 15" Fox alloys... Not my taste at all, I'll probably be putting some Rota's on it.

What ideas do people have about wheels? I was thinking 16" MAX... what is the best for performance? I would choose performance over looks :thumbsup:

Anyone got any links to websites that sell styling parts for the AE92?

With cars this age most seem to go for 15" Wheels, with 195/50 Tyres, if you go to 16" you will probabley have to go for 205/45 series and then things might get a bit bumpy. 17"wheels people have fitted but arches could be caught (or need to roll arches!). You may find 16" with 205/45 series could catch on the rear if full car load and luggage.

I'll be sticking with 15" wheels in that case, no doubt about it.

What are the rules? Most the forums I post on that is one of the smaller sigs

Would be nice to find a replacement tailgate, can i remove the spoiler from mine and put it on the new one?

I looked at taking the carbon fibre num. plate surround off but it was held on with sticky pads so i didnt bother.

Need to find some sort of solvent to get the overspray off the trim/windows.

The wheels are 15" Fox alloys... Not my taste at all, I'll probably be putting some Rota's on it.

I was speaking to someone about his tailgate not too long ago (I think it was Toymota), but it was red and I didn't have the budget to get it re-sprayed, so left it :(

The number plate surround was on there before I bought it and wasn't quite to my taste, but like you gave up because of the stickyness <_<

You can use polishing paper with water on the glass and plastic area to remove the over spray. On the painted surfaces a little bit of T-Cut should sort it :thumbsup:

The wheels were not to my taste either and wasn't happy with the scuffs on them, but likewise no money to get the ones I wanted - so they had to do :(

It sounds like you are going to sort the car very nicely and will probably make me jealous once it's done :P

What are the rules? Most the forums I post on that is one of the smaller sigs

I think the max hight of a siggy is 60 pixels...

Do a search on the regulations or there should be something in terms and conditions. There was a recent post by Bibbs :thumbsup: