Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Wheels

corollasr

hey guys,

i'm gonna be buying some new wheels for the rolla in the near future but not sure what to go for. its a 98 model in black

i'm really into the motorsport/street race kinda look so looking for soem thing in black/anthracite/white

and also need to decide whether to get 15s, 16s or 17s.?

the car is lowered 30mm

so basically any ideas on colour, brand, size etc and also if anyone has any pics of the e11 lowered 30mm then that would be great.

thanks and i look ofrward to opinions

ed

you will not let go of martin fowler will you!!!

go for 17s mate...

17s would look good but i'm not sure about the fact i'll lose acceleration. thinking 16s. team dynamics pro race 2s in black or grey.

ed

all depends then mate, you said you were after the street racer 'look' it will 'look' flash but like you say, you'll loose the acceleration, compromise and go for the 16s then, 15s are just too small imo

thats a fine choice of wheel as well :yes:

Is there a substitute??? OZ!!!

I did go for 15", both weight and comfy in mind.

OZ 15x7 weights 4,9kg and My tires (New Nokia NRVi 205/50) ap. 8,5kg, total 13,5kg. Overall diameter should be performance friendly too :)

But hey, it's Your call! :thumbsup:

Is there a substitute??? OZ!!!

I did go for 15", both weight and comfy in mind.

OZ 15x7 weights 4,9kg and My tires (New Nokia NRVi 205/50) ap. 8,5kg, total 13,5kg. Overall diameter should be performance friendly too :)

But hey, it's Your call! :thumbsup:

i got 17" oz superturismos on my '01 SR and ive noticed if anything an performance improvement since changing from 14's...especially cornering ;)

16's Are best compromise for performance and looks, As I've said before, if 16" OZ Saturns Are good enough for Fensports 300+BHP Silver E11 Corolla SR, then that would be good enough for me.

And as you know the wheel size of darker wheels is easier to diguise.

17s look great! ive got OZ recordwheels mainly because there quality wheels that will not give me any corrosion issues later in life and lets face it OZs never go out of fashion unlike so many other makes and styles, although my car could of looked a lot different because (1) i nearly got the OZs in anthracite and (2) i came VERY close to getting white compomotive MOs but i decided i couldnt handle the attention that they would of got me (bit of a shy boy me) in conclusion get OZs and drop it (mines down 40mm) but will be going up to 30mm soon. :thumbsup:

Have a look at Firthy's car ed. Yeah agree with you on the anthracite, white, black look wheels! Mine are matt grey, a wee bit different.

I think the 17's have made me lose a wee bit acceleration but (even though not lowered) improved handling. Look cool too! lol

I would prob still go for 17's! Dark colour! or white!

(no use at all, I know! lol) :wacko:

thanks for all your opinions guys.

i'm gonna look at some OZs but i dont knowwhether they'll be little too expensive. compomotive MOs in grey or speedline turinis in grey could be a possibility?

ed

click me

Whats your budget?

My advice is go for lightweight for better acceleration and braking and you can get some good wheels and tyres for around £700.

Kev

Have you thought about going for some thing like these??

Konig wheels

This link takes you through to the 2005 catalogue, i like a load of wheels on here, if only i had more money ;) !!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links