Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rev 3 N/a Engine...

JappyBeast

I think........ ( not 100% sure ) ... you'll need the ECU etc from the rev3 also. Might be talking total pap tho.

Hhhuummm...not sure.

When i got my FCD i was sent wiring diagrams for the pin outs on each rev ecu, so i could attach it to the correct wire obviously !! and all the pressure sender pins were at different locations for each rev - so dunno if they are just a straight drop in, might need some ecu re-wiring ??

may be a good idea to have a quick word with Rogue Systems, they do engine transplants and would probably know off hand !

youll have to replace driveshafts as well, i heard of someone doin this before and havin a little bit of bother.

A guy on IMOC posts......

I've done this a few times.... if you keep the main ancilaries :

Rev 1 wiring loom

Rev 1 Injectors

Rev 1 fuel pressure regulator

then just swap the loom across ontot he rev 3 engine with the above parts and it'll fit.

Couple of minor drawbacks fitting a rev 3 NA engine though :

You need to buy an exhaust front pipe, theyre different ( larger ). They still line up in a similar way past the rear subframe, but these are the exhaust systems designed to run with a cat too.. so need a cat pipe too to mate up with your existing rear silencer.

Air box will be different for the induction - the throttle bodies a little wider.. but that just means a larger diameter pipe needs to be sourced.

Relocation of fuel feed and return to the rail ( opposite ends ! )

Is yours a G-Ltd ??? air con ??? the air con bracket needs modifying to fit the rev 3 engine, the alternators will bolt up without issues and will mate up with your existing gearbox too !

You definitely need a complete rev3 engine though... none of this bare block as you need both intake and exhaust manifolds.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you guys think?

too much hassle, for what itll cost you your better off goin for a turbo.

But.... if you said you were thinking of going the turbo route anyway in the future... why not just do it now ?

are u doin the swap yourself? how much u gettin the engine for? if your gonna go tubby in future then drop a rev 1/2 engine in to make it cheaper.

Want a few more horses tho.. and for the little more I would be paying to seems worth it.

how long you planning to wait until you get the tubby conversion ?? Because if it was only a year or so, then you might as well get a cheaper rev1 engine... this time don't kill it.

There will be some wiring issues, but at least with putting in a N/A you won't have to change the fuel pump!!

I'm not willing to spend £3000 at this stage.

i'll lend ya 3k matey, but i want 4k back before christmas :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links