Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Coilovers

Zuban

Ok this is for anyone who has installed coilovers themselves! I just got my KW variant 2 coilovers for my T-sport, I wanna try and save some cash and install them myself? is it easy? do i need any special tools, i have axle stands already, is it just a case of swapping out the struts and then playing around till there adjusted properly.

ok i fitted them anyway, took most of the weekend to setup, what can i say but forget strut bars, anti roll bars etc, do this first! its a different car now!

ok i fitted them anyway, took most of the weekend to setup, what can i say but forget strut bars, anti roll bars etc, do this first! its a different car now!

I know, I know m8!! It is a totaly different car indeed!! :thumbsup:

Nice choice you made! You won't regret it! Trust me on this!! ;)

Yeah astakos I did a search and found your posts about them! made sense to me that no matter how much stuff like strut braces, it'll only go to thide the fact that the standard suspension, even with lowering springs is not up to the job! what settings do you have for the stiffness??, i have set mine full soft all round, because the roads here are so bad, and i got to much bounce with them hard.

what settings do you have for the stiffness??, i have set mine full soft all round, because the roads here are so bad, and i got to much bounce with them hard.

When you first install it you do not alter the rebound setting. You leave the stock setting i.e. like it was in the box, for at least 1000 km. Then you alter it according to your liking. Take very good care when going from min-to-max. You have to be gentle otherwise you will break the metal pins that are inside the dampers and control the compression. That is, NEVER TIGHTEN IT!! ;)

Now, as it concerns the settings...well m8 that is entirely up to your taste and drive conditions. If you have bad roads then be extremely cautious with the settings. I cannot totally help you with this (sinve I do not live where you live) but for discussion's shake I can tell you that mine is:

Front: 1.15 turn harder than stock (boxed)

Rear: 1 turn harder tahn stock (boxed)

What is the serial no. of this set. cannot find it anywhere. how much does it go for?

imek...the serial number of KW Variant 2 is 15256001 and in Germany costs around 1250 euro. In Greece it costs around 1450-1500 euro inc. installation.

You can also have a look at KW's website:

http://www.kw-gmbh.de/e_version/gewindefah...e/varianten.php

For Corolla TSport only variant 2 is available!

Hope I helped! :thumbsup:

Hi Astakos,

How are you man?

I didn't get the TRD flywheel yet in order to inform you about the new behaviour .

Did you get the sway bars?

Please let me know if your coilovers have new PILLOWBALL UPPERMOUNT?

Tx,

Mircea

Hi Astakos,

How are you man?

I didn't get the TRD flywheel yet in order to inform you about the new behaviour .

Did you get the sway bars?

Please let me know if your coilovers have new PILLOWBALL UPPERMOUNT?

Tx,

Mircea

Hi mircea,

I am fine!! I haven't received the sway bars yet!! :angry: It is over 2.5 months that I have ordered them and the distributor is really starting to ***** me off! Anyway, he said that I should have them by mid next week...fingers crossed!!

The KW's coilovers do not have pillowball uppermount nor does KW manufactures any! Unfortunately, you have to buy them from other brands such as C-One, Tein, etc.

Please keep me informaed about the flywheel issue since this will be my next mod together with TRD's clutch!

Hi Astakos,

Fingers crossed for you!

I will do it be sure!I hope to fit them up to April 1st!!????

I have ordered the thermostat and spurk plugs from NZ(Brucce Sollite)

but I can't get any pozitive feedback from him?!Is it " his standard procedure"?

He didn't even colect the money from my Credit Card!!!!!!!!!???????

Have a nice day,

Mircea

You need to keep on sending him e-mails.

I don't know...maybe he is away or something or maybe he doesn't have the thermostat in stock. That was the case with my thermostat when I ordered it from Bruce.

I reaaly don't know m8 if this is his normal behavior! Just "bombard" him with e-mails!! B)

Hello guys

What is your opinion about combining the TTE lowering springs with some new schock absorbers with proper damping and rebounce specs. Are there any other disadvantages compared to coilovers beyond the adjustability?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links