Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Finally, What Color Should I Get?

Guo

What color should my Mk2 rev2 be?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What color should my Mk2 rev2 be?

• Red
    • Dark Green Mica
    • Silver
    • White
    • Yellow
    • Other

Thanks to those who have contributed in my previous polls. I have narrow down to getting a MK2 Rev2 N/A with a moonroof. I know T-tops/T-bars is awesome but I prefer the more conservative and quieter moonroof. Now, the last question remains, what color should my MR2 be? You see I would love to have it black. But my brother has a black MR2 and we agreed that if I get one too, it cannot be black. So now i'm looking for another good color. What do you guys think is another great color for the MR2?

if you guys have pictures to show off the color you chosen, feel free to post them :)

I voted dark green metallic ( Goodwood green ). Mine is in that colour and looks amazing when polished. It also almost looks flip tone because with the different angles the light catches it at, it can look black or green. So if you wanted black, and cant have it, this would be ideal imo.

I originally wanted a black one but went for green as it was that bit more unusual.

After that, i would vote for the blue, like Fizz has, or the carribean blue. Then red.

:thumbsup:

I voted dark green metallic ( Goodwood green ). Mine is in that colour and looks amazing when polished.  It also almost looks flip tone because with the different angles the light catches it at, it can look black or green.  So if you wanted black, and cant have it, this would be ideal imo.

I originally wanted a black one but went for green as it was that bit more unusual.

After that, i would vote for the blue, like Fizz has, or the carribean blue.  Then red. 

Mine is Carrib Blue.. :P

Go for black, it wouldn't look like copying him, they would compliment each other.

If you really want a black one, which is how it seems, you'll only regret getting a differfent coloured one :yes:

Oh totally forgot about Blue. That's another obvious color.

Fizz when u asked me to click on your signature I thought you meant that perverted monkey with a coat. haha

Go for black, it wouldn't look like copying him, they would compliment each other.

If you really want a black one, which is how it seems, you'll only regret getting a differfent coloured one  :yes:

Can't. We had a deal. Even though black is the best, but some of the other colors are also pretty nice. Also I too prefer we don't have the same color.

I voted dark green metallic ( Goodwood green ). Mine is in that colour and looks amazing when polished.  It also almost looks flip tone because with the different angles the light catches it at, it can look black or green.  So if you wanted black, and cant have it, this would be ideal imo.

After that, i would vote for the blue, like Fizz has, or the carribean blue.  Then red. 

Mine is Carrib Blue.. :P

<<<<<< Shuts up and gets coat!! :lol: Sorry, thought there was a kinda duller blue than yours. Well, there is cos i saw it on a ltd ed. mr2 that i nearly bought in London. i also looked at one that was the same colour as yours fizz, before i bought mine. More of a Royal Blue. Both owners called it carib blue!?

If you really want a black one, which is how it seems, you'll only regret getting a differfent coloured one  :yes:

I really wanted a black one and definitely don't regret the one i got. I love black but it's far more common! So...

Im a big fan of crazy colourd cars. My previous motor was a Seat Ibiza 2.0l 16v Cupra Sport in Kiwi Green - what a awesome colour. If not, go for yellow. It will look sweeeeeeeeet :thumbsup:

i voted silver as i have an mr2 roadster in silver & it looks lush

I dont care if I get flamed for this but to be honest, in my opinion, you are silly asking what colour should you get. As with the other polls, I stick to my guns....go for the best car out there that you see. If it's black, blue or red it doesn't matter, you telling me if we all said get a blue one you would turn down a mint red one with full history and one owner for a bad example of a mr2 just because it's blue????

When buying cars it's nice to have a wish list but a lot of it goes out the window as you get the best of what is available. Sure, I'd have liked air con, climate control, t bar etc etc but I could not find a car with all the fancy gismos. Instead I went for a car that had a checkable full history with no rust or bodywork damage.

If you want to know what colour I'd go for though....just for arguements sake if it was available and in mint cond....it'd be that mis blue metalic found on later spec cars. (dudeone had his turbo in the colour)

That metalicy grey colour (see my garage)

I think its the next best colour to black... wWhen I went to get a second supra as my daily, I thought it would be greedy to have two black ones so needed another colour, went for the grey!!!

I ha an MR2 in that colour too, -with black leather! looked loverly!!!

My old MR2

Its also a bit different, and easy to keep clean! (unlike black!)

I also agree about the moon roof/hard top I think they look "sleeker"

I dont care if I get flamed for this but to be honest, in my opinion, you are silly asking what colour should you get. As with the other polls, I stick to my guns....go for the best car out there that you see. If it's black, blue or red it doesn't matter, you telling me if we all said get a blue one you would turn down a mint red one with full history and one owner for a bad example of a mr2 just because it's blue????

When buying cars it's nice to have a wish list but a lot of it goes out the window as you get the best of what is available. Sure, I'd have liked air con, climate control, t bar etc etc but I could not find a car with all the fancy gismos. Instead I went for a car that had a checkable full history with no rust or bodywork damage.

If you want to know what colour I'd go for though....just for arguements sake if it was available and in mint cond....it'd be that mis blue metalic found on later spec cars. (dudeone had his turbo in the colour)

Fair comment bud... i was after a black tubby and ended up with this one.. and mine is identicle to dudeones apart form the fact mine is also a T-bar.. :rolleyes:

If you noticed, the results of the polls doesn't affect my decision. Forexample, Almost everyone picked Turbo and T-bar in those polls, but I decided with N/A and Moonroof. I do these polls to see overall what's people's taste are and to hear interesting opinions on why they like this or that. I always pick what I want, but by hearing people's opinions it makes it more clearer for me and sometimes they give me information or ideas I never thought about or considered. ;)

side.jpg

Steelmist Grey  :ph34r:

Thats loads nicer than the silver ones. i hate those, esp with the black roof! And silver is the most common colour on the roads these days if not for mr2's. Can't believe its winning this poll.

If you noticed, the results of the polls doesn't affect my decision. Forexample, Almost everyone picked Turbo and T-bar in those polls, but I decided with N/A and Moonroof. I do these polls to see overall what's people's taste are and to hear interesting opinions on why they like this or that. I always pick what I want, but by hearing people's opinions it makes it more clearer for me and sometimes they give me information or ideas I never thought about or considered. ;)

Nah, fair comment mate. I was probably a bit harsh in my wording. I know exactly where your coming from. I joined this group a good 3 months before I purchased my 2 so I could get a bit of inside info and get to know what was good, what was bad and anything else I could find out. It's a top notch forum for that. I just thought it a bit irrelevant asking people what colour you should get when it won't make much impact on your purchase.

All I know is as long as you hold out for a goodun, whichever model or colour, you'll be loving it.

Nah, fair comment mate. I was probably a bit harsh in my wording. I know exactly where your coming from. I joined this group a good 3 months before I purchased my 2 so I could get a bit of inside info and get to know what was good, what was bad and anything else I could find out. It's a top notch forum for that. I just thought it a bit irrelevant asking people what colour you should get when it won't make much impact on your purchase.

All I know is as long as you hold out for a goodun, whichever model or colour, you'll be loving it.

No doubt, the quality of the car is what matters the most. :thumbsup:

mr2small4hi.jpg

white all the way  B)

That's one steep incline. My old Rover would have bellied out at the tp, if it made it up the first part of the ramp that is.

lol its the ramp to dads bodyshop. its very steep and that plastic sheets under my car have a gud scraping when its in for stuff :eek:

lol its the ramp to dads bodyshop.  its very steep and that plastic sheets under my car have a gud scraping when its in for stuff  :eek:

hahaha, it's a scam by your dad isn't it. You take you car in for some work, looks great, you drive out and scrape.....back in the bodyshop for a respray and more money. :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links