Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Buying Celica Gt4

tengudemon

i am looking to buy a celica gt4 1994-1996 i have found one with a roll cage in, vendor will remove the cage & return the car to original condition does anyone know if removal of roll cage will affect the car in any way.

mmmm ? roll cage suggests track days and thrashing . how much £££ are you paying for it ?

mmmm ?  roll cage suggests track days and thrashing . how much £££ are you paying for it ?

they want £5495 for it apparently the previous owner wanted it to look like the gt4 rally car.

i paid £5700 , wont it be full of drill holes in the interior panels ?

i'd be very suspicious about that, not that many people fit a roll cage and drive like miss daisy, the price is abit high for one thats had a hard life. i'd get it checked over properly before parting with any money

well - roll cage often suggests FMIC, Big turbo, big suspension upgrades, big brake upgrades.

If all those have been removed and returned to stock spec run like the wind.

how much do you know about these cars? look at it with someone who does to spot the goodies or the pit falls.

well - roll cage often suggests FMIC, Big turbo, big suspension upgrades, big brake upgrades.

If all those have been removed and returned to stock spec run like the wind.

how much do you know about these cars? look at it with someone who does to spot the goodies or the pit falls.

thanks for the advice i'm taking it out for a test drive this afternoon i'll post again when i get back.

dont be fooled by its looks and performance, these things can bankrupt you if you buy a dog.

dont be fooled by its looks and performance, these things can bankrupt you if you buy a dog.

trying not to be fooled by looks & performance but it was very impressive on the road,these cars really shift i had a grin from ear to ear for an hour :D .can give me any tips on bad points to look out for in particular? & can i ask where you got yours?

only bad points are if needed , clutch,super struts, i wanted a gt4 that was unmodded and i found one with full jap service history 64.000 miles , i bought mine from a guy named brian near the metro centre. give banzai motors a call and ask if him or brian have any more gt4's in stock. :thumbsup:

http://www.ne-car-imports.com/index.html

Here is one you might have missed and is in your price range

http://www.whifbitz.co.uk/fstoyota.html

edit: just noticed you are in Newcastle so this  :rolleyes: won't be of much use to you !

thanks anyway they both look smart @ the right price

only bad points are if needed , clutch,super struts, i wanted a gt4 that was unmodded and i found one with full jap service history 64.000 miles , i bought mine from a guy named rob near the metro centre. give banzai motors a call and ask if him or rob have any more gt4's in stock. :thumbsup:

cheers i'll give them a call tomorrow only thing is i was looking to part ex my Xreg mr2.

they may take it off you if they think they can make money on it . as they all do.you may want to look at www.vineplace.co.uk i find them a bit expensive , buy they do sell spanking motors.

they may take it off you if they think they can make money on it . as they all do.you may want to look at www.vineplace.co.uk  i find them a bit expensive , buy they do sell spanking motors.

i agree with you on vineplace, does your gt4 have a seperate boost meter on the dash as the two i've seen locally do,is this standard or modded?.

that would be modded , which means it probably has a manual boost controller fitted under the bonnet.usually a cheap brass spring loaded thing on eBay for £25

that would be modded , which means it probably has a manual boost controller fitted under the bonnet.usually a cheap brass spring loaded thing on ebay for £25

could that be a problem?

yes if it is boosted too far

did you goto regency motors today ??

http://www.a1centre.co.uk/14157/a1pc.htm      has a silver wrc in for 7k , takes trade ins too.

yeah i took 1 out at regency this afternoon,white 57k on the clock.& the 1 in the link has a deposite down on it, there the only two i've seen around here

Hi there

Any chance of finding out what make the rollcage is in that car you were looking at?

:)

Hi there

Any chance of finding out what make the rollcage is in that car you were looking at?

:)

i'm going back to have another look tomorrow i'll try to find out for you i'll also ask how much they would be wanting for it.its an impressive looking rollbar though.

Mate, I didnt realise you where local to me. do you want me to come and look at this with you? let me know and it'll be a pleasure.

tried and tested. mechanically/performance wise as stock as the day it left the factory. bit flat compared to my ST185 but ripe for modding.

It 'looks' like a WRC but thats about as far as the last owner went - no signs of performance mods at all. no boost controller.

Good for the money!!!

JDM without history though, that's why its so cheap!

Nice to meet you Keith, hope you find what your looking for.

As a side note, this is a professionaly fitted roll bar and is very nice indeed. A shame to take it out, anybody who wants it better get their best offers in!