Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wiper Blades

deagle

Looking for new Wiper Blades for my 2003 T2 D4D.

The Bosch manual says 21/15 for 1999 onwards - but mine measure up at a fraction less than 20/14 ! Does anyone know whether Toyota changed the wiper sizes when they did the facelift model ?

Thanks

Deag

Looking for new wiper blades for my 2003 T2 D4D.   

The Bosch manual says 21/15 for 1999 onwards - but mine measure up at a fraction less than 20/14 !  Does anyone know whether Toyota changed the wiper sizes when they did the facelift model ?

Thanks

Deag

don`t think so i`ll be back in work tomorrow and i`ll find out if no one can tell you before then.

i`ve checked it out and the lads in parts say there is no differance between facelift and pre-facelift, so work away.

Just got some champions that are the same size as my old ones. These are code X51 and X36 and yes the Champion reference catalogue does show these 03-on as different than the 99-02 models.

The Bosch 21/15 went on today just fine all though my Yaris is a T Reg.

I messed around for ages trying to work out how they went on until I realised they just clipped on.

I also fitted new front mud flaps today, I bought them for eBay.

I was happy to see that they are the official Toyota ones.

They look really good and should keep Borris a bit cleaner.

The Bosch 21/15 went on today just fine all though my Yaris is a T Reg.

I messed around for ages trying to work out how they went on until I realised they just clipped on.

I also fitted new front mud flaps today, I bought them for EBay.

I was happy to see that they are the official Toyota ones.

They look really good and should keep Borris a bit cleaner.

They don't make a blind bit of difference - Especially the back ones!

Purely aesthetic!

Go to "instore". In otherwords "pound stretchers". They do these funky five sided wiper blades for £5. You just cut em down to size and slide them on :)

I tried those JML £4.99 5 sided blades, I fitted them fine but they were rubbish.

On the up swipe it cleared the rain fine, then it dragged smears back over the screen on the down swipe. :eek:

So I throw then away, bought some Bosch ones these are spiffy.

Go to "instore". In otherwords "pound stretchers". They do these funky five sided wiper blades for £5. You just cut em down to size and slide them on :)

I tried those JML £4.99 5 sided blades, I fitted them fine but they were rubbish.

On the up swipe it cleared the rain fine, then it dragged smears back over the screen on the down swipe. :eek:

So I throw then away, bought some Bosch ones these are spiffy.

Thanks! I won't buy them then!

Purely aesthetic!

Mine do! Compared to my aunt who didn't have them and me who does... i had far less mud spray up the side of my car! Granted, they won't do much if you race down country roads (hence my filthy car! :P ) but for tootling, they do stop most of the thrown up gunk!

£3.99 at Makro! But yeah, they're crap... they last about 2 months before you need new ones! Need to invest in some decent ones... it rains too much in this country to put up with crap wipers!

I use NWB Wiper Blades when replacing mine. They're cheaper than at a Toyota dealer (between 5 and 15 Euro depending on size) and NWB wipers are the ones Toyota uses as first fitment (on Japanese built cars at least, never owned a non-Japanese built Toyota before and haven't looked at the ones on the Blue yet).

Yves.

Purely aesthetic!

Made a difference to my car. I used to get loads of stones flying up against the side and fitted and now only get the odd one but I do live where your cars just get covered in dirty and lots of stones.

Admit they could do with being a bit bigger but where do you stop rally flaps?

• 2 years later...

what they should cost?

I replaced the front ones (just the rubbers) at toyota dealer and they charged me 25 Euros. :(

The back one i cannot replace apparently, since it comes as a whole part so I have to replace the entire wiper. Dont even ask me what they charge for that.

So what wipers cost normally and am i being overcharged?

Looking for new wiper blades for my 2003 T2 D4D.

The Bosch manual says 21/15 for 1999 onwards - but mine measure up at a fraction less than 20/14 ! Does anyone know whether Toyota changed the wiper sizes when they did the facelift model ?

Thanks

Deag

the Japanese built Yaris have different blades to the French built.

wiper rubbers are approx £5 each and the complete rear blade which is only applicable to the French built is approx £8.

what they should cost?

I replaced the front ones (just the rubbers) at toyota dealer and they charged me 25 Euros. :(

The back one i cannot replace apparently, since it comes as a whole part so I have to replace the entire wiper. Dont even ask me what they charge for that.

So what wipers cost normally and am i being overcharged?

I paid about £11.00 for rear blade at Mr T.I remember it wasn't just the blade and rubber but a bigger assembly.Havent kept bill so don't know part no.

I just tend to get Bosch, can't go wrong really. Pricing but they served me the best in the long run! The ultimate are the floppy wipes they ace my g'parents got them on there polo and there the best!

this thread was started in 2005

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

But it is still relevant and worthwhile :thumbsup:

I've used this place before to order replacement blades for my last car, they're pretty good price-wise and the flat blades I got last time (Volkswagen style) are great.

Wiperblades.co.uk