Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Removing The Toyota Badge

SHAZ

Wats the procedure for removing the toyota Badge from the front bonnet of the MR2?

Is it glued or bolted?

Is removing it going to affect the paint work?

Appreciate any feedback...

most badges are glued on and removed with out damaging ur paintwork by heating it up with a hair dryer and gently pulling it off with your fingers :thumbsup:

answered on msn :)

ONly pain is trying to get the left over glue off the car and even worse is trying to find a suitable adhesive to stick the Badge back on. If you replace it with a standard Silver it isn't a problem as the adhesive is on the new Badge (approx £10.47) but I have the optional extra gold one which I need to put back on the car !

front badges are normally held on with clips or something, trust me i've seen quite a few mk2s with holes left where the badges used to be. rear badges are just glued on.

front badges are normally held on with clips or something, trust me i've seen quite a few mk2s with holes left where the badges used to be. rear badges are just glued on.

As far as I'm aware the holes are used as guides for when you replace the Badge, if you buy a Badge from Mr. T. it will have an adhesive back already affixed.

front badges are normally held on with clips or something, trust me i've seen quite a few mk2s with holes left where the badges used to be.  rear badges are just glued on.

As far as I'm aware the holes are used as guides for when you replace the Badge, if you buy a Badge from Mr. T. it will have an adhesive back already affixed.

Yeah but won't the front end of your car be touching the floor with all that gold?

"I ain't goin on no plane foo'!" :lol::yes:

Euculyptus oil is great for removing the glue. Get it from Boots for about a uid a bottle. Good for tar and bugs too. And chest infections.

Have a look on eBay. There are loads of Toyota badges which are colour coded to your car. Look quite nice. Red TRD versions and a nice baby blue one on there that's tempting. Think I'd go for the yellow though if I decide to put any badges back on.

Someone mention badgers?

Thats why I made sure it had stiffened suspension :P

mrt1.jpg

"Damn, foiled again, sucka!"

:lol:

Someone mention badgers?

that wouldn't have been me :P

I'll try the eucalyptus oil :) thx

Next is trying to get it stuck bac on lol

you can always use solvent wipe (availiable from most car paint suppliers) or surgical spirit :drool: as always test on an inconspicuous area first :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links