Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla Verso Mmt Problems

janiej

They are sending out a letter describing how the car should be driven?!! that's ridiculous and an insult!

So we've all been driving the car correctly but at 15,000 miles we all suddenly forget how the car should be driven. Then once it's been in the garage for "repair" we all immediately start driving correctly again, but then after a few thousand more miles we go back to our old ways and start driving incorrectly???

Do I have this right... are they trying to blame our driving style for the problems?? :angry:

Hello,

I tried to find the VOSA conclusions on their site, but dwithout success. Does anyone have the text ? Would be good to read it before starting commenting...

Mister MMT

They are sending out a letter describing how the car should be driven?!! that's ridiculous and an insult!

So we've all been driving the car correctly but at 15,000 miles we all suddenly forget how the car should be driven. Then once it's been in the garage for "repair" we all immediately start driving correctly again, but then after a few thousand more miles we go back to our old ways and start driving incorrectly???

Do I have this right... are they trying to blame our driving style for the problems?? :angry:

Hello,

I tried to find the VOSA conclusions on their site, but dwithout success. Does anyone have the text ? Would be good to read it before starting commenting...

Mister MMT

I do not think that VOSA have published the results of their investigation yet.

Speculation on this matter does not really serve any meaningful purpose.................I agree with Mr MMT..............it will be good to read the VOSA conclusions before commenting

Hello,

Mister MMT

Speculation on this matter does not really serve any meaningful purpose.................I agree with Mr MMT..............it will be good to read the VOSA conclusions before commenting

Hello Red Yaris 54

I thought you said you do not want to waste of your time to post on this subject while the VOSA were investigating I am sure we all respect your decsion not to.

Perhaps if you were one of the persons affected by this problem you might not take the same attitude

Hello,

Mister MMT

Hello Red Yaris 54

I thought you said you do not want to waste of your time to post on this subject while the VOSA were investigating I am sure we all respect your decsion not to.

Perhaps if you were one of the persons effected by this problem you might not take the same attitude

Which is exactly why I posted this:

Speculation on this matter does not really serve any meaningful purpose.................I agree with Mr MMT..............it will be good to read the VOSA conclusions before commenting.

Like the people affected by the problem, I too look forward to VOSA's conclusions, but do not wish to get involved in any further discussion on the forum until we have the FACTS from VOSA :)

I am sure the people who were affected by the Renault bonnet flying up as they drove along and the Vauxhall drivers who handbrake slipped off while parked were also looking forward to what findings the VOSA produced .

It did not help them very much that's why watchdog tried to help and publicised the problem !!! why do you think they will be anymore helpful to the MMT owners .

There is nothing more stressful than having a car which you do not trust ! we are both lucky our cars are reliable in the true Toyota tradition but please do not make light of other peoples problems they have a right to air there opinions and its not up to you or me to say they are right or wrong to do so

I am sure the people who were affected by the Renault bonnet flying up as they drove along and the Vauxhall drivers who handbrake slipped off while parked were also looking forward what findings the VOSA produced .

It did not help them very much that's why watchdog tried to help and publicised the problem !!! why do you think they will be anymore helpful to the MMT owners .

There is nothing more stressful than having a car which you do not trust ! we are both lucky our cars are reliable in the true Toyota tradition but please do not make light of other peoples problems they have a right to air there opinions and its not up to you or me to say they are right or wrong to do so

I do not make light of other peoples problems and look forward to reading the results from VOSA. I have always stated that we should have FACTS before making any judgements on the subject

I wonder why you have taken the moral high ground over this :unsure: I think that you need to chill :)

I am sure the people who were affected by the Renault bonnet flying up as they drove along and the Vauxhall drivers who handbrake slipped off while parked were also looking forward what findings the VOSA produced .

I do not make light of other peoples problems and look forward to reading the results from VOSA. I have always stated that we should have FACTS before making any judgements on the subject

I wonder why you have taken the moral high ground over this :unsure: I think that you need to chill :)

I have not taken the high moral ground :rolleyes: but in the true British tradition I believe in fairness and your right to express an opinion and it just irks me when somebody tries to stifle peoples comments

I am now going to lay down in a darkened room B) and chill :D

My Corolla Verso is just under 4 years old - it's on an 04 plate.

At 15,000 miles I sufferd the mmt problems but as my driving was mainly restricted to quiet roads it wasn't such a major problem.

The worse situation I had was having the car 'cut-out' whilst in the middle of a 3-point turn. The car went into the garage and a modification fitted.

The car now has 23.000 miles on the clock. Last Friday I was driving on the M25, at speed, when the gear box jumped back into neutral. As I was travelling at speed I had enough momentum in the car to be able to move across to the hard shoulder.

I 'rebooted' the car and cautiously pulled back out again. Everything was fine for a few moments then suddenly it did it again. Fortunately I was in the slow lane, unfortunately the car did not have enough momentum this time to move into the hard shoulder. So with my 8 year old son sitting in the car I had to get out and push the car out of the path of a lorry!!!!! :ffs:

The police and Highways Agency were there in minutes and very helpful. :thumbsup: The car however needed to be recoved and taken back to the Dealership for repair.

I have contacted Vosa (Vehicle Safety Unit - 0117 954 3247) who said they have had a meeting with Toyota and Toyota will be sending out a letter to all owners explaining how the car should be driven. This situation is not regarded as a safety issue and therefore Toyota will not be recalling the vehicles to have the modification fitted. The original modification, which has now failed, has been replaced with a new modification. I have today collected the car back from the garage and despite it having been practically rebuilt I do not have a lot of confidence in it. I purchased this 7-seater as I look after small children and need to be able to transport them safely. Is it now safe??

The parts, Boot clutch fork, clutch fork, clutch rel.brg, ball clutch fork, clutch, accumulator, computer etc etc at a nice price of £2428. I did manage however to get the bill reduced to £1300 but that's still a lot of money for something that, in my opinion, is a known technical fault with the Corolla Verso.

:wacko:

Hello,

When I said it may be better to wait for the VOSA conclusions, I just meant the question relating to whether the MMT transmission built in 2004-2005 has a construction flaw which represents a security problem, and whether Toyota should organise a recall of all the cars of that series for fixing that flaw. The post of tina-MMT provided a first hint, but I hope everybody agrees that it is worthwhile to await their written conclusions and arguments, before continuing to discuss this point.

I did NOT mean we should disregard reports of individual cases and stop expressing our opinion or restrain from giving advise to the owner(s).

I personally feel very sad about what happened to tina-MMT, and understand she lost faith in her car. This happened to several owners before. I think I would also be very upset, especially if it would be a second hit on a car that does not have a high mileage, and is used cautiously. From her description of the MMT failure during highway cruising, I believe one can qualify this accident as potentially dangerous. What would have happened in the absence of a hard shoulder to escape, or if tina-MMT would have panicked? Admittedly, I'm not an expert...

Tina-MMT's case is very interesting for 3 reasons:

1. It is one of the first times an owner is hit after the end of the garantee period.

2. It is the second time her car was hit, and we learn a new fact (although it would be better to have this confirmed by a Toyota official): there is a new fix, since the previous one apparently did not give full satisfaction.

3. The price of a complete fix, as described is high, and tina-MMT succeeded to trim that down. She nevertheless feels that it is unfair she would have to pay for a repair of a known technical fault.

1. A fact is that there has been numerous Corolla Versos needing a repair of their MMT transmission. I have this confirmed by my own Toyota chief technician, who said this was above normal. Other members of the french Corolla Verso II forum have had similar information. For me, that is now a fact. The only point lacking is confirmation by Toyota. I received a reply from Toyota Germany to my letter, and they deny, there has been an identified problem. I'll continue to insist, since to me and others, this does not seem to be the case.

2. Toyota has continued to look for a better solution, and may well have found it. "Zero problems" does not exist, however. I believe tina-MMT can continue thrusting her car. In our french forum, owners who encountered the same problem continue enjoying their car and the MMT transmission. It is true, however, that we have no report on recurrent problems, in spite of the fact that several owners total more then 60000 miles.

3. My advise to tina-MMT is to seek assistance of a lawyer. It could well be you have certain rights which such a professional could more easily identify and defend. Did you subscribe an insurance providing you with free assistance? In general, companies are more cooperative when dealing with professionals. Do not expect too much from activities like posting on a forum. I believe the very limited response we see here speaks for itself. I hope mine is somewhat helpful.

I believe it is recommendable to subscribe to a Toyota supported garantee extension. Toyota is already doing a decent job providing a three years factory garantee, but experience shows this is often not enough. The price of repairs like replacing diesel injectors, brakes and transmissions is very high. Toyota providing an above average quality, such failures often occur after the garantee ended. I also believe one should carefully consider whether to keep a car beyond the garantee period, or resell it.

Mister MMT

Dear Mister MMT:

Thanks for your detailed reply. Just to add we need to be sure the Dealer did a proper job the first time round. When my mmt broke down in Jan 2006, my Dealer claimed they "fixed it". After 11 months later, it broke down again. This time the car went into another dealership and they showed me the first dealer didn't changed all the required parts! Now, it has completed 10,000 miles and touch wood, it is OK.

So I wonder whether if tina-mmt's situation was same as mine, i.e., that it was due to bad craftsmanship. If she can proved that, then she may have a case for Toyota to pay back the cost.

As regards to extended warranty, thats exactly what I got-for free!

R

Dear Mister MMT:

Thanks for your detailed reply. Just to add we need to be sure the Dealer did a proper job the first time round. When my mmt broke down in Jan 2006, my Dealer claimed they "fixed it". After 11 months later, it broke down again. This time the car went into another dealership and they showed me the first dealer didn't changed all the required parts! Now, it has completed 10,000 miles and touch wood, it is OK.

So I wonder whether if tina-mmt's situation was same as mine, i.e., that it was due to bad craftsmanship. If she can proved that, then she may have a case for Toyota to pay back the cost.

As regards to extended warranty, thats exactly what I got-for free!

R

Hello R Tang,

You are quite right, but unfortunately, after the work having being done in the same workshop, it will be difficult to produce such proof. Glad to hear you have, like me, extended warranty, for free. Is'nt that great ?

Regards,

Mister MMT

Dear mister mmt

tine-mmt could prove this by asking to see the warranty claim invoice on the first visit. If this shows the dealer did not change all the parts as directed by the Toyota GB's memo on the mmt then she has a case. This happened to me as the dealer didn't change the necessary parts, e.g., clutch actuator and worse still-claimed they did work in which they haven't, e.g., grease all three fixs! The lesson is -ASK TO SEE AND KEEP COPY OF THE WARRANTY INVOICE. THATS WHAT I DID.

You are right, get legal help-in UK you can call Consumer Direct for free.

I am glad you have a free warranty-but I think we all agreed we would rather like a reliable car and to be getting involved in tjis discussion. We would rather talk about how good our cars are...

R

Dear mister mmt

tine-mmt could prove this by asking to see the warranty claim invoice on the first visit. If this shows the dealer did not change all the parts as directed by the Toyota GB's memo on the mmt then she has a case. This happened to me as the dealer didn't change the necessary parts, e.g., clutch actuator and worse still-claimed they did work in which they haven't, e.g., grease all three fixs! The lesson is -ASK TO SEE AND KEEP COPY OF THE WARRANTY INVOICE. THATS WHAT I DID.

I am glad you have a free warranty-but I think we all agreed we would rather like a reliable car and to be getting involved in tjis discussion. We would rather talk about how good our cars are...

R

Hello R Tang,

that's an excellent peace of advise. I hope tina-MMT still follows up this discussion ! I agree it will be best she, or anybody else experiencing an analogous situtation, contacts Consumer Direct.

Is it difficult to obtain Toyota GB's memo on the MMT ? What exactly is the warranty claim invoice ? Does one always obtain this for a repair done under warranty, or does one have to claim it ? Could Consumer Direct help customers with this matter ?

These precisions may turn out to be very useful for people seeking good advise.

Many thanks in advance.

Mister MMT.

Dear mister mmt

R

Dear R

Well, I believe the Corolla Verso is in fact one of the most reliable cars, and certainly the most reliable mini-van. There is statistical proof from several sources for that. Individual experience cannot reflect reliability, since Zero fault does not exist.

The 2004-2005 builts of the MMT gearbox may well be a bit more failure prone. That does not mean they are unreliable, since apparantly, the vast majority had no problem. Only a poll (of the style of the JD Power report) including questions specific for the MMT box could shed light on this. And of course the information Toyota possesses but will never release. At least, I do not know of any. How about you or other Members ? It is not the 26 cases described on TOC, the world's largest Toyota Forum, which convince me this gearbox is seriously flawed. In addition, we haven't seen many new cases lately.

The other point on whether this box needs adaptation of driving style and whether one likes it or not is another debate. I believe this gearbox offers good value for its money, but others may think differently.

Regards,

Mister MMT

Dear mister mmt

R

Hello R Tang,

that's an excellent peace of advise. I hope tina-MMT still follows up this discussion ! I agree it will be best she, or anybody else experiencing an analogous situtation, contacts Consumer Direct.

Is it difficult to obtain Toyota GB's memo on the MMT ? What exactly is the warranty claim invoice ? Does one always obtain this for a repair done under warranty, or does one have to claim it ? Could Consumer Direct help customers with this matter ?

Many thanks in advance.

Mister MMT.

Hi out there,

Yes I am following all the posting on this particular issue. Thank you for all your support I find it all very encouraging.

The situation at present is that the car is on the drive and I've hardly driven it since I got it back. I'm too scared to take the children out in it (1x4yr old, 2x5yr olds 1x6 yr old and 2x8yr olds - I'm a childminder!!) I just couldn't imagine getting stuck with the children in it. I am therefore only using it for short runs, only in daylight and never without a mobile phone, warm coat and a back-up plan.

I am sure I will build up confidence again and have friends who are willing to follow in their own cars should I decide to test it on a motorway.

To deal with the warranty issue - I didn't even realise until 2 weeks ago that you could but extended warranties - had I known I'm sure I'd have purchased it.

I have written to Toyota GB explaining the situation and have asked for them to refund the repair cost and grant my car a 2 year extended warranty. I am still waiting for a response but it has only been a week. If I have no joy I will write to the next 'higher ranking' person on the list. If I get no joy from Toyota direct I will almost certainly consider legal action.

I have to say that the only reason I still have the car is because I believe that if this does go through the legal system I would have a better chance of getting a refund if I still owned the vehicle. Hopefully it won't come to that and hopefully I'll get my confidence back again.

Thanks again for all your support.

Tina

:rolleyes:

Dear mister mmt

R

Hello R Tang,

Many thanks in advance.

Mister MMT.

Hi out there,

Yes I am following all the posting on this particular issue. Thank you for all your support I find it all very encouraging.

The situation at present is that the car is on the drive and I've hardly driven it since I got it back. I'm too scared to take the children out in it (1x4yr old, 2x5yr olds 1x6 yr old and 2x8yr olds - I'm a childminder!!) I just couldn't imagine getting stuck with the children in it. I am therefore only using it for short runs, only in daylight and never without a mobile phone, warm coat and a back-up plan.

I am sure I will build up confidence again and have friends who are willing to follow in their own cars should I decide to test it on a motorway.

To deal with the warranty issue - I didn't even realise until 2 weeks ago that you could but extended warranties - had I known I'm sure I'd have purchased it.

I have written to Toyota GB explaining the situation and have asked for them to refund the repair cost and grant my car a 2 year extended warranty. I am still waiting for a response but it has only been a week. If I have no joy I will write to the next 'higher ranking' person on the list. If I get no joy from Toyota direct I will almost certainly consider legal action.

I have to say that the only reason I still have the car is because I believe that if this does go through the legal system I would have a better chance of getting a refund if I still owned the vehicle. Hopefully it won't come to that and hopefully I'll get my confidence back again.

Tina

Hi tina-mmt,

thanks for letting us know. I look forward to read how you fare with Toyota, or other action. It may take some time...

Mister MMT

Hi out there,

Tina

:rolleyes:

Dear mister mmt

R

Hello R Tang,

Many thanks in advance.

Mister MMT.

Hello

I have posted some names that may be of use to you and perhaps not on your list I think it is reasonably up to date as at the end of 2006

Jo Woodlove , Customer services manager , at Toyota GB Epsom you may be able to speak to her by asking to be put through to her extension.

Miguel Fonseca, Managing director , at UK operations based in Epsom he replaced Graham Smith as managing director in 2006

Don Baker , customer relations manager, at Toyota Motor Europe the address I think is Avenue du Bourget60-Bourgetlaan60,

B-1140,Brussels-Belgium

Kazunori Harada , General Manager, Overseas Operations Department, Customer services division, based in Japan the address is

Head Office, 1 Toyota-Cho, Toyota ,AICHI,471-8571, Japan

Hope this may help

Thanks for the update bjw. Just to add I also wrote to Michael Cole, see previous postings.

Mister mmt: The warranty claim invoice is for dealer when they are claiming their money from Toyota when they have carried out work under warranty. This usually is not for the customer but as in my case, I had the right to get the copy as I believe they did n't do their work properly. But you can always ask to see what has been changed etc.

The memo from Toyota was issued by them because dealers were experiened a lot of problems for the MMt so they issue this memo to help dealers-and tell them what to do when faced with this problem. Again this is confidential papers for internal matters only. I knew this because I asked Toyota GB whether they were getting involved with the dealers in soloving this crisis and they said they have issued this so dealers know what to do. But in my case, my first dealer didn't follow the procedure-worse still they claimed work in which they haven't done and as a result, my car broke down again!

In answering your question on car surveys, e.g., JP Power, yes Verso came top for MPVs and overall I bet they are very reliable like other Toyotas. But I don't think many MMt owners took part. Not many people like cars and for sure, the mums at my son's school who drives the Verso MMt didn't even know there are forums or Jp power or are interested in cars etc etc. More realistic is the Which? car survey by the Consumer Association. My friend works for them and he said some 35 % of the Verso respondent were MMt owners. The result was that Verso only gained 3 stars out of 5. Look also on owners review at the Whatcar? website. Again, mmt verso owners have problems. To sum up, car surveys are good as a general guide but I think by typing in "problems of the Verso mmt" in goolge gives us a better picture of a particular car. What about in Europe? Is the car survey showing the same result? Unfortunately, in Europe people like manual more then auto so I bet the result comes out the same. We have to dig deeper for a ture picture.

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone had satisfaction in resolving the N problem with the Verso transmission?

Has anyone had a satisfactory reply from Toyota?

Have VOSA published anything on the problem?

My 54 reg Verso has caused problems resulting in a bill for £589 which should have been paid for by Toyota.

• 3 weeks later...

welcome to the forum! In my case toyota gb gave me an extra years warranty and since the repair was conducted accordance to Tgb's memo, it has been ok. It has done 36000 miles and 10000 miles since it was last repaired. As for vosa, no news yet but do write to them. Has your car been repaired before on the gear box. If so, consumer direct may help. See pervious postings. Good luck.

Hi, I had to sign up to this forum. We have this same problem on our Verso.

MMT gearbox is slipping out of gear while driving. its dangrous and a bad manufacturing fault. The car is 3 1/2 years old. It was modified \ Fixed at a year old. now after another 17,000 miles we have the issue.

This is what we need for the repair and the cost of the parts:

Computer assembely - £481.

Clutch Actuator - £504.70

Clutch Fork - £20.25

Clutch Fork Ball - £6.31

Default part (Bolt?) £5.29

Clutch Plate - £178.29

£1405.39 that Toyota WILL NOT PAY.

I have spoken at length with Jenny Shipley and her manager Jo Waddlive (customer service manager Tel 01737 363 633) at Toyota head office. They will not do a thing. The admit the fault but will not repair - Not even at a reduced cost.

I have been in touch with watchdog

PLEASE DO LODGE A COMPLAINT WITH WATCHDOG.

DO NOT BUY ONE OF THESE CARS not matter how cheap.

for a company that pride themselves on replutation I can not belive the way they are behaving over this.

AE

MMT gearbox is slipping out of gear while driving. its dangrous and a bad manufacturing fault. The car is 3 1/2 years old. It was modified \ Fixed at a year old. now after another 17,000 miles we have the issue.

This is what we need for the repair and the cost of the parts:

Computer assembely - £481.

Clutch Actuator - £504.70

Clutch Fork - £20.25

Clutch Fork Ball - £6.31

Default part (Bolt?) £5.29

Clutch Plate - £178.29

I have spoken at length with Jenny Shipley and her manager Jo Waddlive (customer service manager Tel 01737 363 633) at Toyota head office. They will not do a thing. The admit the fault but will not repair - Not even at a reduced cost.

I have been in touch with watchdog

PLEASE DO LODGE A COMPLAINT WITH WATCHDOG.

DO NOT BUY ONE OF THESE CARS not matter how cheap.

for a company that pride themselves on replutation I can not belive the way they are behaving over this.

AE

This was taken from the Toyota website ;)

Where ‘Customer first’ began

In any competitive business, customer satisfaction is a top priority. For us, that’s just the point of departure.

Our goal is to turn customer satisfaction into Complete Customer Satisfaction. This means delivering beyond expectations. It means listening to customers and constantly seeking to do things better. And it means going the extra mile to ensure that owners feel positive about their Toyota vehicle at every stage of the customer experience.

The concept of “Customer first” originated in the Toyota Production System. Irrespective of how flawless and pleasing the final product may be, we would consider it meaningless if it didn’t meet customers’ demands and satisfy their needs.

AE

Hi essinhigh,

what happens to you is going to happen to more MMT owners of the first generations of MMT equipped Corolla Verso models, who did not purchase a prolongued warranty. It is a poor job of Toyota GB to not accept reducing the cost of repair, but I believe they will have to reconsider their policy, in the wake of the uproar this will create. I wish you good luck, and do not give up !

Just out of curiosity, how many miles did you drive, and under which conditions? What was the nature of the first failure? Were you pleased with the MMT gearbox?

Personally, I have been expressing a less severe judgement on the MMT gearbox. It seems now very likely that 2004 and 2005 models encounter an above average failure rate, but it is impossible to know the exact extent of the problem. Toyota has been modifying parts, and the gearbox is apparently more robust now. I do not see any reason why one would not buy this model. The MMT transmission is unexpensive, practical, and reduces fuel consumption. It also incites to a coll and easy going drive, which is good for general life time of other parts of the car. I wish to draw the attention of the interested owners here on our french Corolla Verso II forum, and the thread on the MMT transmission and its problems. You'll have to register to access it, and of course understand Voltaire's language. Good exercise! And no, I am not working for Toyota. In fact, I am a University professor and molecular biologist...

http://corollaversoii.forumactif.com/les-p...6bf1a5fab27f99c

We are only about 5 to 6 MMT drivers posting regularly, but 8 % of the > 2000 members (or > 150 !) possess this model. All off the active members say they love the gearbox! We have seen zero people saying they are not liking it, once they got used to it. Only 5 members have been reporting problems over a two years period, 4 of them the "N" problem. I consider that this is very low number, because people mainly come to Forums when they encounter a problem! It is of course a hard strike if one is hit by the "N" problem, especially on a Toyota. Nevertheless, it could well be that Toyota is doing better then other car makers offering comparable technology, like Vauxhall, Smart, Citroën, Alfa Romeo. The only point I feel concerned about are the security matters, and I am looking forward to read the VOSA report.

All the problem cars have been repaired under warranty and since then , they had no new problem. Initially, the mechanics had trouble with the right repair procedure, but now, they seem to be instructed much better. Alarmed by the reports on TUC I passed on to my fellows, most owners have purchased a warranty extension. I strongly recommend all owners of any Corolla Verso to do so. D-4D cars too, encounter problems with injectors and EGR systems which are expensive repairs.

I expect that soon, some french owners who did not follow up this matter, will make themselves known to us, in case they have the problem on a car without warranty. We will then see whether Toyota Fr does participate in the costs of repair.

Regards,

Mister MMT

Mister MMT,

Thank you for your response. There is no doubt in my mind that early MMT have a serious and dangerous fault. The car is a second vehicle and used mainly by my wife. We purchased at 13,000 miles straight after the first repair. The second clutch did 17,000 miles before repeat failure. Driving has been a mixture of motorway runs and supermarket trips, the majority being less than 20 miles in suburban traffic.

As for pleased with the MMT, that would have to be a NO! I don’t like things that go wrong repeatedly….. The drive is okay, personally I have been driving 5 series BMW’s for quite a number of years and love both the drive and smoothness of the BMW auto boxes! I get on well enough with the MMT and the build quality and reputation of Toyota was an attraction. This said I would have preferred a proper auto.

I don’t understand a lot of the comments about driving the car incorrectly. You really cant, if you don’t ease off the gas when it changes you get a seriously poor drive, it was quick and easy enough to get used to.

Regarding your comments about numbers on the forum, it was only the diabolical support offered from Toyota’s head office that instigated me signing up. I doubt I’m in a minority, I wanted to share my experience with others in the hope that the greater the numbers the more hope we have of a satisfactory resolution from Toyota.

My situation is quite simple, I understand electronic and mechanical items will have faults. Manufacturers try and minimise this but it will inevitably happen from time to time. When something of this nature happens I expect it to be resolved with the minimum pain to me. Toyota has not done anything to resolve, I have later found out that they have withheld information that would have helped my case.

Both the Toyota dealers I have been working with on this have been fantastic, Professional, courteous and very helpful. Toyota head office has been at fault and as a result I will never buy a Toyota again, neither will many of the friends and acquaintances that seen the way Toyota have handled this. Customer service particularly if poor travels fast and is very damaging to a companies reputation.

A point worth noting – The clutch is guaranteed for 3 years from fitting. So my clutch is still in warranty (the second one). Something Toyota Head Office negated to tell me during any of the numerous discussions.

May I urge people again to pursue this with Watchdog

Thanks

AE

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links