Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How To Remove Petrol Tank

houston

the easiest way to do this is, get someone else to do it!!! i never imagined it would be such a job, 600 for toyota to do it would be a bargain, in the end i managed to just shift it forward enough so i could cut the heater pipe.

its weird havin heat again after so long, as a treat ive washed her inside and out and bought a new air freshener.

to remove the tank youll need to remove the air con pipes and the lower heater pipes which means a water drain, to remove tank youll also need to remove tank braether which means removing firewall heatshield, then theres the fact that all connectors have been there for over 10 year and take some muscle to get off, and that its a tight space. after 5 hrs of tryin to drop it we finally decided to just fix affected bracket.

on a plus side though, the knocking sound that comes from front n/s wheel seems to have gone, just found oyut now as i hit a speed bump too quick(new ones popping up all oer here now) and never heard a sound so now im very happy.

We do these on a daily basis... nightmare job!!

We can do it now in about an hour and a half now but we do have a lift to help us...

Matt.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links