Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Clicking Noise In Rear When Bracking

bullym

HAD A CLICKING NOISE IN THE REAR OF MY CELICA FOR WEEKS WENT INTO THE GARAGE LAST WEEK AND THEY SAID IT WAS THE CALIPERS? OK TO DRIVE AND DON'T NEED REPLACING

ANYONE ELSE WITH SAME PROBLEM?

HOPING TO SELL IT SOON RELUCTANTLY!!!

:eek::eek: Mate. You wanna get a second opinion on that. No way is it right to have something amiss with calipers or pads for that matter. I`d seriously get it down to someone else to look at it. :thumbsup:

Yep got the same problem on the Supra but know what is causing it, some play on the calipers. Need to fit new discs and pads most likely and tighten everything up :thumbsup:

had new discs and pads fitted in november so could that be the problem. just had an A & B service and they didn't spot it :help:

yep had the brakes and pads done in november

only done 40k and have been told that the gear bearings might be going :ffs:

ok but it's a toyota garage and i've gone to them since i bought the car in 97 and they have always taken good care of my car :yes:

It could be something called pad 'knock-off' which is often experienced by track cars when using the kerbs.

Try a light press of the pedal just before your main braking to see if you still get the click.

Just an idea.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links