Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Sera 1990

gazy

Hi,

I have just buyed a Toyota Sera (1990 Model) with 110.000 Km.

I would like to know when I have to change the timing belt ('courroie de distribution')

Thank you

Hi Mate,

Welcome to TOC.

The Timing belt ( I assume that's the one you mean ) isn't too bad to change.

The engine is very similar to the 5E-FE engine. Download the Engine PDF file in the link below and you shouldn't have any problems.

>>5E FE Engine<<

Tell us all a bit more about your new car then ! :P

Rich

Hi Mate,

Welcome to TOC.

The Timing belt ( I assume that's the one you mean ) isn't too bad to change.

The engine is very similar to the 5E-FE engine. Download the Engine PDF file in the link below and you shouldn't have any problems.

>>5E FE Engine<<

Tell us all a bit more about your new car then ! :P

Rich

Thx

I was talking about the driving chain or driving belt but I don't want to change it myself, I just want to know when (How many kilometers) it must be replaced (I don't want to destroy my engine).

Eheh new car (maybe a little bit old).

Do you see wich toyota is it?

It is a blue one wing door, I don't knoz much more yet (planing to test it during the afternoon)

Not sure of the recommended service interval for the timing belt, but if you're in any doubt then change it. They aren't expensive and are fairly easy to fit - so it's better safe than sorry.

I've got a Yellow Sera myself.....brilliant cars !

Not sure of the recommended service interval for the timing belt, but if you're in any doubt then change it. They aren't expensive and are fairly easy to fit -  so it's better safe than sorry.

I've got a Yellow Sera myself.....brilliant cars !

I will go to a Toyata MEchanist and ask him to check and maybe to chabge...

It is the first I have (never seen this car before) and it seems to be a good one (no problems with?)

Good stuff, Glad you like it !

I know of at least one other Sera in New Zealand too.

Keep us posted about how it's going, and get some pictures up too.

Rich

Ok

It has been changed and it is all 90.000 km...

I have an automatic one and just would like to know the use of the small buton wich is on the level gear, anybody knows?

The one in the handle is the overdrive button, just keep this one in all the time. Everyone else does !

The Red one to the right of the gearlever is an interlock release, so you can move the gearstick without having the ignition on.

• 3 years later...
The one in the handle is the overdrive button, just keep this one in all the time. Everyone else does !

The Red one to the right of the gearlever is an interlock release, so you can move the gearstick without having the ignition on.

Dear,

I have 1990 model toyota sera and I am looking for door shock and rear trunk shocks pls let me know if there is any source.

Umer

Here is my toyota sera pls coment on this

post-74661-1236773077_thumb.jpg

post-74661-1236773102_thumb.jpg

post-74661-1236773143_thumb.jpg

Here is my toyota sera pls coment on this

WOW !

NICE!!!

Great Looking Sera there. They look fantastic in Yellow ( almost as good as Grellow ! ) :P

The struts are still available direct from Toyota -

Door strut part number is 68570-19025. This is the latest version ( phase 3 ) door struts - a bit stronger than the original phase1/2 struts so last a bit longer. ( your car appears to be a Phase 1 - as most Sera's are - but fitting phase 3 struts is the way to go ! )

Can't find a part number offhand for the rear hatch struts - but they are still available from your dealer. Even though it's an import, the dealers have access to all the parts available - so If your dealer says that he can't get the bits then try another one.

Like the bodykit you've got on it - don't suppose you know which one it is?

Rich

• 2 months later...

• 4 months later...

These stylish, unique, and fuel Efficient Toyota Seras are quickly becoming popular in markets other than Japan. With the Gull wing doors form the factory, you can park less than 1.5 ft away from the next car and still open the door fully to get out!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links