Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wet Passenger Footwell!

ArthurPewty

Hiya people.....how are Y'all......

Can anyone help me with my problem?

Over the last couple of weeks, i have noticed that the front passenger footwell on my 51 plate TS is constantly damp! It is not wet enough to see water but is moist on my hand after touching it.

It stays the same whether it has been raining or not, whether the car has been washed or not!

I have it booked in to Toyota next week to have it checked out, i have to take it there because of the warranty, but i was wondering if any of you have experienced this too.

Any help would be most appreciated.......Thanx.

under the dash on the pasenger side, there is a rubber pipe that is about 1" diameter. it comes vertically down then a 90 degree bend and through the bulk head, this pipe is the water drain for the dehumidifier in the aircon. it has most likely come off + just wants poping back on :D :thumbsup:

...or have you had a new windscreen fitted at all????

had a few leak through for fittment :yes:

Hey, thanx for the help and advice,

The aircon pipe sounds good to me......as for the other possible reason,

if that is the case someone must keep coming back and topping up because it always stays the same, that is really such a gross thought.

As soon as it gets light i will go and check it out......thanx again.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I have a problem with a damp patch in my 54 reg T3 driver footwell. The dealer has identified the problem as a failed driver door seal and the car is due back at the dealers next month for seal replacement.

**TOPICS MERGED**

Hey Heyyyyyy!

Thanx for all your help, the problem was indeed the aircon pipe :-)

The only problem I had was that because I am a driving instructor I had to try to manouvre my hands around the dual controls to refit it, but nevertheless just a couple of minutes.

I was just wondering what that would have cost me at ToyotaWorld Cardiff next week when it goes for a service!!

Once again......Thanx :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Edited by kimi

Nice one mate, this is what this place is all about, sharing info so you don't get stung by people who rip you off like Toyota! :thumbsup:

told you so :P + i have no problem but some people get a bit touchy about starting new threads obout the same topics. so its best to avoid it. but glad you got it sorted mate, i only found out about this cause i pulled mine off and got a bit wet :P

some people get a bit touchy about starting new threads obout the same topics. so its best to avoid it.

Since when have you been a mod??!!

No problem ArthurPewty :thumbsup: You post away!

:D