Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Newbie Here...

DanK64

OK, I know how much our countries must hate each other, but if I had it my way, I would move to Canada or the UK, so don't hold that against me.

Anyway, how is everyone doing? I recently purchased a 2004 Tacoma and have made a promise to never buy anything but Toyota. I look forward to talking to you all. Click here to see my truck!

The question that I have for everyone today has to do with detailing, and if my terminology is off, please forgive me (I noticed that someone had posted a "windscreen" issue. Here in the USA we call that a windshield. But I digress...). I live in a very rugged area of Wisconsin and I am noticing my brand new truck is getting some light scratches. Living in a rugged area, I would have to accept the fact that this happens, but I refuse to let my "baby" look bad. I have used Eagle1 in the past for scratches, but it doesn't seem to do the job. Do any of you know what products would take care of these scratches without washing off at the next carwash?

Thanks for the help.

Dan don't be so negative, us brits don't hate americans, just your goverment......

Dude, the best stuff you can get is SWISSOL. but it is !Removed! expensive. So good in fact you can eat the stuff! Try www.swissol.com

By the way i don't hate you darn yankees just the Bush that leads you.

Ironically I use an American product so you should have no problems sourcing it.

It's called Scratch X and is one of those products that when you use it for the first time you go "Wow!" $6.99 to you guys over the pond, and annoyingly that becomes £8.99 when you buy it here in the UK, go figure! :ffs:

Meguiars For the Yanks

Meguiars UK For the Brits

• 2 months later...

I love the USofA - been on hols 3 times - visiting again next year :thumbsup:

also got minor scratches on my rav4, so will try some of the products listed.

Welcome aboard.

There is at least one other member from Wisconsin here (Puls) and he is a knowledgeable guy. He'll probably post on this thread before too long.

I can go along with the Meguiar products as well. The Eagle One stuff is junk, I would skip that honestly. It depends on how deep these scratches are how you want to treat them. You don't want to overtreat them either. Are we talking swirlmarks? faint scratches you can only see from an angle or full-on off roading scrapes and scratches down the sides? Whatever you do be very careful with anything labeled "polishing" Some of the harsher products can ruin your clear coat.

I love the US government.

The balls to attack a dictator without licking his bum like the Europeans!

things are not so black and white here m8, alot of us in the UK support the GOP

rgds

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links