Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lc4 Satnav Retro-fit To Full Screen

SoftRoader

Has anyone done this?

I decided not to go for the LC5 as the LC4 was £4K less but decided instead to retro fit the large touch screen sat nav to the LC4; so I've been looking into it

LC5 Interior

5d_T_1659-.jpg

LC3 Interior But with TNS300 fitted

3d_T_1645-.jpg

The LC4 comes with the TNS300 system with ETA, the double din Sat-Nav with the small B&W LCD screen with voice and turn-by-turn navigation.

I want to upgrade it to the full colour Sat-Nav as found in the Corolla, Previa, RAV XT5, and the Avensis Verso. The one with fold down screen whice reveals the two disc slots (one for the NavDVD, and one for an audio CD) To reinforce this point the Prado (Australian/Far East Landcruiser equivalent) has the latter unit in it so it must be possible somehow.

Now a few of you here have fitted the latter Sat-Nav system to your RAVs (by the way does anyone know the model number of this system?) and have said that it is relatively straight forward. The parts department at most dealer say otherwise, "no sir your LC4 one is integrated as is the one in the Corolla and the RAV XT5"

e4_12_sb.JPG

If it's integrated how come some of you guys have been able to buy them off the eBay and fit them youselves? I would have thought that it would be a near straight swap of one unit for another, give or take maybe a few cable/connector issues. The dealer was going on about integration with the engine management system and how both systems are completely different.

As I see it both systems will need power, hhmm, no big deal; both will have the standard audio connections, no big deal again; both will have a GPS antenna, both will have a speed/reverse connection. So all in all whats the issue here? Where does the enginemanagement system come into it?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

If you do this and want to sell your turn by turn unit please PM me ...

You will have searched the threads already I guess - there is a contact for the full screen units given in one of them.

If the LC5 has the full screen system fitted as std then I think it is most likely you will have the connectors for it in your loom, as the wiring looms are standard for vehicle type, not model. If you have an 04 or 05 vehicle, it's worth checking behind the current head unit to see if the connectors for the full screen unit are there as they are for the Rav4. The bit about engine management integration is rubbish - he's referring to the speed pulse and reverse connections which will already be provided to your TNS300. As I say, forst thing to check is behind your existing unit for the plugs (may be wrapped in foam). If there, easy install. If not, slightly more difficult but as long as the full screen system fits into your dash then not too hard.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi SoftRoader,

In practically all new T :thumbsup: oyotas you will have in the loom for your audio system, a 10 way & 6 Way block connector this is all you will need to connect a Full Screen Sat Nav system in your car.

• 1 month later...

guys, stupid question. if I wanted to do this (i.e. upgrade from TNS300), where would I buy the full screen colour satnav system (e.g. from the lc5) ?

and anyone know how much it costs.

Surely there would need to be more work ? as the full screen colour system also allows you to control the temperature control ? or do you just take out this instrument as well ?

rgds

c.

The full screen units were being sold onn eBay for about £450, but last I heard they weren't there any more and the seller was not responding to emails (I can't remember more details though)

As for the controls, every thing should be included in the wiring loom.

• 1 month later...
Can anybody tell me if the 2003 LC4 can be upgraded to the full screen sat-nav?  :huh:

Yep, just fitted one this weekend to a 2005 LC4, and a rear view camera too. Had to remove the standard issue TNS300 turn-by-turn SAT-NAV. The Prados in Oz have the full screen SAT-Nav (the uk model SAT-NAV is the B9003 AISIN) Mail me if you need any further info.

:angry: I thought, I had the TNS300 system in my LAnd cruiser LC4 registered MArch 2003. But when I tried out the Europe DVD the system said that I had to check my CDROM :eek: . I thought let's check the manual and 'oh dear' the system is a TNS200. I thought that Mr T switch to the DVD based system on all systems going forward as from 2003. Can anybody share some light to this before I start asking questions ??

• 2 years later...
:angry: I thought, I had the TNS300 system in my LAnd cruiser LC4 registered MArch 2003. But when I tried out the Europe DVD the system said that I had to check my CDROM :eek: . I thought let's check the manual and 'oh dear' the system is a TNS200. I thought that Mr T switch to the DVD based system on all systems going forward as from 2003. Can anybody share some light to this before I start asking questions ??

What was name of the cd ? you bought ? i have a 2004/5 lc5 that am sure use's dvd's .

• 10 years later...

I have a lc4 2005 model with a TNS300 system, What nav cd do I need to operate the nav system.

How much does it cost to replace a broken ignition key on a lc4.?