Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I Crashed It!

Ryan1985

Well folks crashed the car today and hit a barrier, the damage isn't to bad but if I had ABS I doubt it would have happened, locked my wheels up and spun into the barrier. Looks like I'll be needing the front bumper resprayed, a new drivers side headlight and some metal bits behind the bumper and some under the bonnet!

I'll post photo's 2mo or Saturday, it was my own fault so I only have myself to blame!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ryan1985

• ricomr2

• alanbradley

• breezer

sorry to hear that ryan :(

you had got your car looking very nice,hope it gets sorted soon.

at least you are ok and not hurt :huh:

At least you aren't hurt m8.. thats the main thing. I've had one or two bumps in my time too.. you learn from your mistakes. If you have protected no claims and the excess is below the cost of repair... put it through insurance, you shouldn't loos your NCB.

Poor wee GS :cries:

I won't be telling my insurers, its not that bad! I'll get it fixed myself!

Anyone know how much a pair of T-Sport phase 1 headlights are? :thumbsup:

Oh man! Another one! Sorry to hear about that mate but at least you're OK. Hope you get her sorted soon.

well so long as your ok.

as someone already said, we all learn by our mistakes.

not sure if you have seen, but there is some headlights on eBay!

Nick

Really didn't want to read this topic. I saw the title and dared to see the author of the post! Noooo Ryan :(

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

At least there werent anyone involved (in the way) like a mondeo :ffs:

Totally agree with cfc, I've had a couple of bumps in the past and learned from them. Glad your ok tho and the damage is not too bad.

Getting worried about taking the Yaris out these days since there doesn't seem to be a month go by without somebody having an 'incident'! :eek:

Getting worried about taking the Yaris out these days since there doesn't seem to be a month go by without somebody having an 'incident'!  :eek:

I agree..

Sorry to hear that Ryan :( glad you are alright tho and that it's nothing too major.

Hope you get it sorted soon :)

Blue

Awww hun, so sorry to hear about it - your poor precious car!

Damage doesnt sound too bad though - so at least its fixable! Car'll be up and running in no time - Yaris is as tough as nails! :thumbsup:

Dont let it worry you mate anyways - it happens to the best of us. Just take your time and always remember - you are more important!

Getting worried about taking the Yaris out these days since there doesn't seem to be a month go by without somebody having an 'incident'!

Sorry to go OT but it really annoys me when people say that - if its meant to be you then its meant to be you - theres no point getting all worried about it just because other members have had prangs - never let fear stop you living your life the way you want to live it. It could all be over tomorrow! :rolleyes:

Getting worried about taking the Yaris out these days since there doesn't seem to be a month go by without somebody having an 'incident'!

Sorry to go OT but it really annoys me when people say that - if its meant to be you then its meant to be you - theres no point getting all worried about it just because other members have had prangs - never let fear stop you living your life the way you want to live it. It could all be over tomorrow! :rolleyes:

Fair point :thumbsup: Btw I wasn't being completely serious when I said that. :)

So sorry to hear Ryan. :(  Good thing is you're ok though.

N/S Headlamp on eBay

O/S Headlamp on eBay

Yves.

Cheers Yves, I spotted them actually!

Only the drivers side headlight is broken but I thought I may aswell push the boat out and get some T-Sport headlights as they have the black masks inside and would go with my black car, I'm dreading asking Toyota how much they will cost though! :!Removed!:

Unlucky mate!! :(

Hope its all sorted soon!

Shazbot Dude!

Glad to hear you're alrite, and at least it's repairable!

One thing I've done after my Crash in January is slow down a lot.

One thing I never wanna do again is crash - it's not nice. :crybaby:

Let us know how you get on dude.

Good to hear yor ok (so i can still beat you at the carts)

Wont take long till its looking minted again :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sorry to hear about that Ryan. I'll find out a price for head lights 2moro. I'll fone my mate that got me my bumpers. I get them cost price you see ;)

That would be great Ross! :D

I'll PM you my mobile number and you can gimme a text if you like! Or just PM me on this! Might be needing a few other bits aswell! ;)

Tut tut tut....Silly boy :rolleyes:

Oh well, doesn't sound too bad mate

and if you need any help putting it back together give me a shout. :thumbsup:

You might be getting a phone call next week Rico! :thumbsup:

And nice one on getting yours back on the road mate! :)

get the pix up! il tell you roughly how much itl cost if its similar to mine!

sorry to here about that though :( i was pee'd at how much the front end crumpled up at 2mph when i crashed!!

:( i was pee'd at how much the front end crumpled up at 2mph when i crashed!!

Thats what the crumple zones are for......to protect you....the occupant, and pedestrians.

(Although I agree perhaps it should not crumple so much at such a low speed)