Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help

steveb087

depends what you want really.

Standard, the ae82/92 corolla GTi are good, as they have greast engines! :D The later corolla's (1992-.. 97 i think), i think are ae101, are a bit !Removed!. No performance model, and quite pricey insurance. But they are suprememly reliable, and great everyday car. just nothing special.

Paseo would be my choice if it is a ~ 1995 car you want. There not too expensive, and cheap to insure. They are no rocket ship, but quite nice IMO (bout 10.5s to 60). Upgrades, common one is the starlet turbo engine. Other possibilities are the 4age (16v - not really worth the hassle. 20v is great though. Or theres the 4agze (supercharged 16v - 165bhp, great engine.) Not sure if the 2.0 turbo (3sgte - celica gt4, mr2 turbo engine) will fit.

The corolla, you can basically get all those engines, and the 3sg(t)e into them (ae92, 101, 111) So its your call.

Test drive a few i would. Id like a paseo with a 20valve. ~150bhp, revs to 8k rpm, individual throttle bodies, variable valve timing. Mmmm. Then use that as a commuter car, and the aw11 for fun! :D)

Hey Steve, hit the link at the end of my post to PaseoPimp & PM 'Custom Marc' - he lives in Montreal I think so should be of some more help! ;)

Not sure if the 2.0 turbo (3sgte - celica gt4, mr2 turbo engine) will fit.

yep it does fit with a LOT of custom work though.

Fensport quoted me £5000 for parts & labour to swap this into my cynos :eek: . the 4agze fits with some modification & custom mounts got a £2500 quote for that one.

or you can create a Hybrid out of the 5e-fe & 5e-fhe with the 4e-fte tranny but not sure on costs take a look on http://www.paseopimp.com/forum/index.php for more info. try PM'ing Jaime (if hes still around) Kidturbostl, chris or rdm20fan. they help out most with engine tech questions.

the paseos a good choice - i love my cynos & they are fairly similar except mines a jap import & got a few more toys & more power. plus people dont know what the hell your driving so you get some dodgy looks. B)

The only major problem with the 'seo is that parts are hard to come by.

J

Fensport quoted me £5000 for parts & labour to swap this into my cynos  :eek: . the 4agze fits with some modification & custom mounts got a £2500 quote for that one.

Do you have any idea how much the Starlet conversion comes in at? Also does anyone know when they stopped producing the Starlet Turbo?

(Steve the Starlet conversion has 135bhp from a 1.3 Turbo, I think this is a well trodden route with Paseo's & the Sera boys like this one also.)

Someone mentioned the 5E hybrid for the 'Seo but I can't remember the details.

from memory the 4efte is a direct bolt on.

give them a call on 01354 696968 they stock the 4efte as well as the 4agze.

if you want details on the hybrid theyre on paseopimp.

J

• 2 weeks later...

the new corolla's arent too bad. i mean they got good pick up and alot of potential. yea it is a family car but still i've held up pretty nicely against integrea's and 5.0's

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links