Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help ! My Yaris Has Been Stolen !

fi-fi

greetings fi-fi,

I am not as sorry as I am for your car than as sorry as I am for your husband. After all , LIFE is more important than pieces of metal stuck together forming a car.

As you said "at least i still have him" . The car i presume will be claimed from the insurance right? theres nothing to worry about sweety. No insurance would have given you back your husband!!!! screw the car (excuse my language).

But in the case that one of the guys in this place finds em , they'll give em a good bashin! (the spirit here has shown how much we apreciate thieves :P)

If i were you , id make precautions for another incident , be glad and smile your both still alive and well , and dont worry bout the car.

Crime is one of the reasons i mived away from the uk to Cyprus. I still have a house there but im not planning on ever coming back.

Keep us posted fifi , hope yer hubby gets better soon.

Hugs n kisses ,

Mawio (mario)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fi-fi

• Demonic Angel

• Red Yaris 54

• Kev Mc

Thank you all very much for help and advice. We went to toyota dealer today to see what book price would be on a 53 1.3 5 door t spirit with 7000 miles, perfect cond.

We nearly fell over when he said it would be aprox £6500 - £7000. So basically if anyone out there can get me a replacement for this money, please give me a shout !!!

Look forward to your comments on this. My car has been stolen and I'm not going to get enough money to get an equivalent replacement. It does make you wonder why you pay so much for insurance!!!!!!!!!

I had a 53 plate Yaris T-Spirit 1.3 which was written off in November and I only got 7 grand for it then.....

Would anyone know if GAP insurance would cover the car if it's stolen, or is that just if its written off?

You should be able to pick up another T-Spirit 1.3 53 plate for the same or similar money, or perhaps consider a P2 03 plate instead? There are plenty out there.

Oh no, I am so sorry to hear that :(. I have a 1.3 Yaris Blue in Ice Blue and it's a lovely car.

I'll definately keep my eyes open, as I am only in Essex.

I had a 53 plate Yaris T-Spirit 1.3 which was written off in November and I only got 7 grand for it then.....

Would anyone know if GAP insurance would cover the car if it's stolen, or is that just if its written off?

You should be able to pick up another T-Spirit 1.3 53 plate for the same or similar money, or perhaps consider a P2 03 plate instead? There are plenty out there.

When we spoke to the Toyota dealer he mentioned GAP insurance and said it would cover the difference in both scenarios. He quoted £399 for this extra cover.

We have looked and cannot see any similar cars for less than £9000!!!

Thats the thing with Yarii, they tend not to lose that much value in terms of buying a 2nd hand or nearly new model, simply because they are such a sound reliable, well built and popular car!

Hope you find something anyway!

You are soooo right!!

It's just a shame that the insurance company doesn't see it like that and gives us enough money to go out and get a replacment of same condition.

It looks like we may have to settle for a older car because we won't be able to afford to add to the insurance payout if they offer us so little for ours.

How is that fair? If I ever get hold of the theiving toe-rag, well !!!**!??**

If you do give us all a call and we can start a vigilante mob :lol:

Seriously though, go to a proper Toyota dealer and see if they can do a national stock check, because they can have the cars shipped down from wherever in the country... That was an option when i bought mine but be careful because they might ask you to commit to buying before seeing the car, they tried that one with me so i went to another toyota dealer, lucky we have so many really, there must be 10 i can get to in less than an hour if not more!

Anyway, give it a go, they might find u one as good for the same money, you never know!

Ooh those T-Spirits look great, also love those balearic blue ones too Em :)

Yep - best colour Toyota has ever done on a Yaris IMPO! :thumbsup:

fi-fi - there are lots of 1.3 T-Spirits out there - nothing will truly replace the one you've lost deep down, but sometimes you just have to carry on as best you can.

I still miss my old T-Spirit, even though shes been gone exactly 4 months today. I know its different circumstances but there are plenty of other T-Spirits out there.... :thumbsup:

Real sorry to hear about the theft..... *****s..... really hope you get the car back... a mate of mine had his golf nicked a few months back... its a special edition one... debadged and rather swift.... they broke into his house while he was sleeping and only stole his car keys... luckily he had a tracker.. the cops picked it up in Liverpool a few days later...

*wishing ya luck hon...*hugs

• 2 weeks later...
eyes peeled i hope i find the scum that nicked it, (i will nopt be responsible for my actions then)

hope you get a nice replacement off the insurance, im guessing you can claim the plate back as its in your name, notify the DVLA etc.

all the best in geting things sorted, and hope you husband is betta soon ,

She will be able to replace the plate, after a set time. Bloke at work was burgled for his keys, BMW 330 convert with private plate. After his pay out DVLA said he had to wait for about six months before putting his private plate back on, I think because it was still on the stolen register.

Hope it turns up tho, thieving scum bags.

Mike.

Ms Cyprus - thanks for reminding me why am going to the other side of the planet - even though I hear that a car gets stolen every 3 secs in aukland and is rated the worst on the planet for it lol

but seriously fi-fi, I'm glad your man is ok. He tried! so good to hear someone found a man with a sense of honour trying to protect you, your home and wares eh. :)

You never get back what you paid for with insurance, am sure many with theft and write offs have found that out on here and is a nightmare when it happens. I went from a 7K Renault scenic down to a 3K Chrysler neon because of the equally thieving scum insurance on a write off payout. Dread to think what would happen with a 3.5k celica with over 7 k mods added. No matter the value or what the car was, loved or not, its always us that come short. (so batter the thieving buggas in action if you can lol)

One thing I DO know is that if you keep looking, you will find your next best friend, be it eventually, and love that car to bits just as much.

DON'T accept the 1st offer from the insurance company.. and give them proof what it will cost to replace the car like for like.. they WILL try to get away with giving you a lower offer, be tough with them.

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys

I just had to let you know the latest on my beloved stolen TSpirit and share some very good news with you all.

My husband's knee has made a full recovery, the car still remains unrecovered BUT....................after several weeks of arguing with Toyota Insurance, they have agreed to pay out £9000 less excess!!

What a result!! :rolleyes:

They started with an offer for £7600 but we refused, provided adverts for similar cars and got them to increase their offer.

So it obviously pays to refuse initial offer and argue your case.

We have to wait a year to reassign the 'Y4RIS' number plate, but I can cope with that, I think. Now I just have to find the best way to spend the money!!!!

I have spotted a deal for a new 1.3 5dr Thunder Grey Colour Collection with free air con & rear window spoiler on the road for £7705.00. This sounds pretty good, doesn't it?

My husband was in the Toyota dealer and they were talking about a new BIGGER Yaris coming out in next 18 months or so. Anyone else heard about this?

Will let you know when I get my new car.

TTFN

Sophie

My husband was in the Toyota dealer and they were talking about a new BIGGER Yaris coming out in next 18 months or so. Anyone else heard about this?

The new yaris comes out later this year, September supposedly! :thumbsup:

Thats good news Sophie - Colour Collections are nice cars indeed!

Bigger Yaris IS coming out - I'm getting one! :D

Very good news :) glad to hear it :D

Yeah seems the new Yaris has got a lot of peeps on here very interested... I myself am not :P doesnt have quite the same look about it... personality -wise anyways... tho it looks like a nice car :)

Good luck with car hunting... hope you find yourself a great deal :)

Glad to hear your husband's better, thats the main thing. Good luck with the new car hunt (better not say that too quickly, how much did the plate set you back when you bought it?

Glad to hear your husband's better, thats the main thing. Good luck with the new car hunt (better not say that too quickly, how much did the plate set you back when you bought it?

My husband bought it for me when we got our first Yaris and it was £500. My sister says it only looks like YARIS if you are blind in one eye and have got a squint!!!!

But heh, what does she know, she owns a Nissan!!!!!

I cant see there being many people on this forum who wouldnt spend £500 on that plate, I know I'd do it in a second, its not top of the priorities list at the minute though because I'm in the process of getting my dad's 'EFC' plate

We have to wait a year to reassign the 'Y4RIS' number plate,

Y4 RIS?

How's that work then? Didn't think 1's or i's were allowed in the old style plates... :eek: