Whats the best induction kit for my Cynos

it's a 1.3l Gen II

1. Weapon r secret

2. Weapon r Dragon

3. K and N - Will the 1.5l one fit the 1.3? i think they do but couldnt be sure

Also looking for some Blue HT Leads

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Weapon-R Dragon and "secret" intake are the same thing, and i'd prefer that over the Green induction kit because it mounts the filter too close to the engine, aka HOT air. You might look into a Battery relocation to the trunk and then route a CAI down nearer the front bumper.

Filterwise, don't keep the one that weapon-R gives you, it lets too much crap in. Get a K&N, not sure about the green filter, but i've heard good things. cheers, mate.

first of all i think induction kits are a waste of money. If i were you i would mount mandrell bent piping from the front bumper as far away from the heat of the engine as possible right towards your air inlet manifold. on the other end near the front bumper mount one of the following :

1. an hks pod

2. a blitz (red) mushroom

3. Green (the closed 2-way filter)

in your case i do it this way:

get a 90 degree samco , mount it from the air inlett downwards , then add mandrel bent piping then another 90 degree samco going forward towards the front bumper. Make sure its as far away fro the engine as possible. once you have reached the front bumper with your piping mount the filter or if you need to manouver use another samco. This way , you have more power , and a better sound than the !Removed! induction kits. Ive done it this way when i mounted a front mount intercooler this morning. It needs creativity , but its a lot more effective and gives me more power in my judgement. I mounted all the factory sensors and my BOV on the piping i used. Its really remarkable work.

You will get more than what an induction kit promises this way.

Cheers,

Mario

you're still running the piping past the engine, so it's going to heat up at least part of the air going through it. if he's that serious, that would, like i said, require a Battery relocation, and insulated piping wouldn't be a bad idea. either way, it's still an "induction kit." the difference is, one's a short ram air, and the other's a cold air.

Cheers lads, i'll see what i can make up.

I've a ondergroung design bumper doing on so theres plenty of room behind it to run the piping down to

Will water from rain not get sucked up through this though?

Insurance doesnt allow for the 4efte conversion yet

I know quite a few people with CAI's routed low, and they've not had problems, but if you're paranoid, there's always a bypass valve you can get. lets air in closer to the throttle body if the head of the intake filter is clogged. that way the car doesn't die.

make sure you dont get it too low , and make sure you dont get it in an angle where it can suck all the crappy stuff off the road. Im looking into heat insulation for my pipiing at the moment so ill let you know if you can make the design even better when i have some answers too. isolate the filter in the bumper somewhere.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all the replys

I'll see what i can do and post up a pic or two when i'm done