Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Little Update...

seveer unaek

Not been on here for a while due to GT4! But iv done a couple of bits to my car lately...

1. Fuel Treatment

2. Altered accelerator and clutch to stop rubbing and enable full press of pedal

3. Greased throttle body spring bit and... it works... accelerator is bit lighter, therefore quicker to prod! (0-60mph now down to 9.2sec! woo hoo!)

4. Shifted carpet in footwells as it was blocking air vents (everybody... i advise you to check!

5. Check the pics for the other mod.... if you can't see what iv done.... there's a clue at the bottom!

th_bdf_DSCI0001.JPG

th_326_DSCI0002.JPG

Clue: Look at the shiny red calipers!!

I know it's the common colour, but it looks brilliant with Carlo blue... a really good enhancement! I love 'em... a belting mod in my opinion! (but i would say that... it's mine!!)

Oh, i cleaned it too... look at that no-wax, no-polish shine! Magic!

th_e65_DSCI0007.JPG

What type of paint did you use on your calipers.........looking good :thumbsup:

Looks good mate! .. I like what you've done with the calipers and your wheels are sooo clean! Maybe you can do mine aswell! :lol:

By the way .. what exactly did you do to the accelerator and pedals?

I used Hammerite Smooth for the calipers!

Nut... i'd happily clean yours... i like to see a clean car!

I just bent them by hand... only a bit. My clutch pedal (since having a new plate fitted) hasn't been engaging properly and was burning a hole in my £30 mats! I asked toyota and they said that the pedal's aren't adjustable and it'd sort itself out once the new clutch was bedded in.... 1000 miles later and still not right... so i just bent it out a bit and problem is solved!

With the accelerator, i noticed that when it was fully depressed (as far as it would go to the floor) there was still about half a cm left in the throttle cable at the top of the pedal, so i bent that enough so that when the pedal's fully pressed, the cable is fully pulled! I very much doubt if anything is gained performance wise, but it puts my mind at rest, knowing my pedals are fully functioanl and my mat's going to last a bit longer!

nice work, ive re done my accelerator too just for peace of mind knowing its doing its best now :P

So did you have to remove the accelerator pedal to bend it or did you just pulled and yanked on it slightly?

The reason i ask is because i wanted to do this myself but firstly didnt know how to take the pedal off and secondly didnt want to just pull it up from where it is incase i break something.

Anyway .. good job mate! :thumbsup:

The red calipers just look fabulous dahhhling! :thumbsup:

Tell ya what - Carlo Blue is a right stunning colour - makes me want to go out and buy one it does....! :lol::lol:

So did you have to remove the accelerator pedal to bend it or did you just pulled and yanked on it slightly?

The reason i ask is because i wanted to do this myself but firstly didnt know how to take the pedal off and secondly didnt want to just pull it up from where it is incase i break something.

Anyway .. good job mate!  :thumbsup:

I just held the top of the pedal, nearest to the cable, and pulled the bottom bit out. It doesn't need much, literally mm's, but at least it's fully extending the cable now! It's just getting into the footwell thats hard for me... ever-so-slightly large fellow! :lol:

The red calipers just look fabulous dahhhling!  :thumbsup:

Tell ya what - Carlo Blue is a right stunning colour - makes me want to go out and buy one it does....!  :lol:  :lol:

Cheers chuck! :thumbsup: And yes, you should go out and buy one... oh wait... you've already seen the light! Clever lass this one! :lol: :D

Cheers chuck!  :thumbsup:  And yes, you should go out and buy one... oh wait... you've already seen the light! Clever lass this one!  :lol:  :D

I sure have - I aint no dafty! :lol::lol:

Well I just followed your shining example of course - you are the master and I am the slave.... :lol::lol::thumbsup:

Very smart. I do like the SR. I was gonna get one until I found that elephant would insure me on a TS - so I saved some more :)

About the accelerator pedal. You don't need to adjust the pedal. You can just tighten the throttle cable! Takes two minutes with a spanner :) In theory it should let more air in, but I doubt they'll be any noticeable difference. I did it on mine tho :D

Correct me if i'm wrong ... but tightening the throttle cable will just make the car idle slightly higher wont it?

Correct me if i'm wrong ... but tightening the throttle cable will just make the car idle slightly higher wont it?

Not at all. When I said tightening I didn't really mean that. I meant adjusting the cable at the throttle body. There are 2 nuts you can adjust.

Cheers chuck!  :thumbsup:  And yes, you should go out and buy one... oh wait... you've already seen the light! Clever lass this one!  :lol:  :D

I sure have - I aint no dafty! :lol::lol:

Well I just followed your shining example of course - you are the master and I am the slave.... :lol::lol::thumbsup:

Hmmm.... a slave... get my washing done... whhopah! (thats the crack of my whip... althought i think im getting into a dodgy area here!)

Very smart. I do like the SR. I was gonna get one until I found that elephant would insure me on a TS - so I saved some more :)

About the accelerator pedal. You don't need to adjust the pedal. You can just tighten the throttle cable! Takes two minutes with a spanner :) In theory it should let more air in, but I doubt they'll be any noticeable difference. I did it on mine tho :D

Iv done that aswell! But for some reason, at the last check up at toyota, they changed it back! So i re-did it and they changed it back... so iv bent the pedal, doubt they'll notice that!

LOL. Maybe they don't like the car being faster! :P Or maybe it's unsafe? Too tight and it could snap I guess.

I used Hammerite Smooth for the calipers!

I can highly recommend G2 caliper paint, it's super shiny and glossy! Probably a bit more expensive though cause you can only usually get it on eBay from the US. I just got some for £20 ish

Hammerite is £4.99 for a tub that could paint 100 calipers! That's shiny and stroke-free! Can't go wrong!

Because red is a contrast to blue and stands out more! Plus it just looks cool!