Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cheese Rolling

peterabbit30

Living in the land of cheese rolling (aka gloucester) i thought id leave a message to say this year it has been cancelled on bank holiday monday (for all those thinking of attending).This is due to the safety team rapid uk being diployed to disaster zones around the world.

Hope this saves you a wasted journey.

Gloucester normally attracts 1000s for this event and im looking forward to quieter roads this year,yippee!

Any disappointed folks amongst you will be pleased to know that for £5 i can send you some used pants and socks which you can roll into a ball and chase if you like as a substitute. :P

You know you had a good night out when the stupid things carry on!!! woohoo.

must plan a meet here next year, could be fun. :thumbsup:

Dan

Good call! I will recommend that you do not take part chasing the cheese however,that is if you want to be able to go home in your car and not an ambulance! It is the steepest hill ever and that cheese shifts faster than my car's 0-60!!

In a recent event the cheese bounced and knocked a spectator in the head leaving him unconcious and in hospital so even being a spectator isn't safe!

But still,it all adds to the fun!

it must be dangerous if the recue team's non attendance means it has to be cancelled :eek:

I've seen reports on this event in the past. The hill is very steep so the heavy cheeses build up a heck of a lot of speed so spectators can easily be in the firing line. : :help::help: The people running down the hill after the cheeses often go head over heels and break various body parts....... :crutchy: :crutchy: :crutchy: :crutchy: :crutchy: :help::help:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links