Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New 225 Version Of Corolla T Sport?

corcoran

Does anyone know what make the compressor will be on the new corolla t sport compressor?

The compressor's are made by TTE,Just like the IS 200 compressor kit you can get.

Not too sure if it will be available to buy from dealer but im sure it will..

Let u know once i hear from TGB.

BoB

Does anyone know what make the compressor will be on the new corolla t sport compressor?

the TTE kompressors are Made in Germany,from a german independent manufacturer,further information wasnt disclosed to me,at my visit.

the link is working now btw

the TTE kompressors are Made in Germany,from a german independent manufacturer

???? what do you mean ?

the protoytpe is built in GER, the first pre-series cars are built in the Netherlands and the whole series will be build in GB.

The supercharger itself is from Ogura , Japan.

???? what do you mean ?

the protoytpe is built in GER, the first pre-series cars are built in the Netherlands and the whole series will be build in GB.

the compressor as a unit (not the whole car) is made in Germany.

That counts for the kompressor kits available for the yaris and corolla

???? what do you mean ?

Ive already seen the tte supercharger fitted to a t-sport a few months back.Its just a bolt on unit toyota bought in bulk,crazy really when u think that Toyota make there own turbo chargers,There probably use the left own stock from the Lexus order HA HA HA HA..... knob heads they are..

BoB

Its a shame that toyota dont try and match the competition. All the new fast hot hatches are coming in at 240bhp range, this is not beyond the 1.8 as lotous have proved.... they are doing a 240bhp ish version for the elise.

I was wondering if the TTE compressor fits existing t-sport corollas as there is a few differences in the 2 engines:

1. Oil Dipstick is in a different position - moved to right to faciliate fitting of compressor i presume.

2. Brake fluid container is moved 2 the right

I was wondering if the TTE compressor fits existing t-sport corollas as there is a few differences in the 2 engines:

1. Oil Dipstick is in a different position  - moved to right to faciliate fitting of compressor i presume.

With the stock engine, how are you going to increase the inlet pressure without knocking on what is an already high-compression engine?

I think they must have fiddled with the block or pistons to reduce the compression ratio. Wouldn't have thought adding a compressor of any type would be a simple job.

Paul.

I have just got a reply from TTE in relation to whether or not the compressor on the new t sport corolla will be available as an upgrade to the existing t sport.

This is the reply:

thank you for your inquiry.

There is no decision so far if the compressor kit will be also available as an upgrade kit.

Please contact me in autumn again if you are still interested in. Maybe we have a decision then.

If there are any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me again.

1. Oil Dipstick is in a different position  - moved to right to faciliate fitting of compressor i presume.

With the stock engine, how are you going to increase the inlet pressure without knocking on what is an already high-compression engine?

I think they must have fiddled with the block or pistons to reduce the compression ratio. Wouldn't have thought adding a compressor of any type would be a simple job.

Paul.

compression ratio is unchanged.look at the german site of toyota for the specs.

The compressin ratio wont be a problem as long as the engine is tuned right, the limit of the stock injectors on the 2zz would be about 280bhp from what i have read, and thats maxxing them, thats on a standard engine, the 225 bhp that they are getting here i would think has been done to make sure the engine will last for the length of the warrenty, and making sure it gets the power down!! remember the elise will handle 240bhp better than the corolla. Running 7 psi through the 2zz it should be fine as long as it has a decent fuel map, that would be good for getting close to 280bhp, you'd get more if you uprated the injectors. Personnely I'd steer clear of buying any kit they might supply to bring the cts up to this 225bhp unless it comes with a warrenty and just go a custom supercharger and powerfc, if you knew what you were doing you could do this for as little as £3k maybe..... maybe even less if you use second hand or reconditioned parts.

Got this reply from TTE,i asked if T Sport Compressor will be coming to UK

If they are willing to import the vehicle to the UK you can order in your country. Otherwise you can order it in Germany for example.

For your price in the UK please ask TGB. In Germany the price is 30.500 Euro.

• 2 weeks later...
aaaaaanyone seen or heard anything else about a new fatter version of the t Sport? a 225bhp engine says auto express, bigger wheels and styling (thank the lord..) ...

Is there any more news on the T-Sport Compressor? I'm seriously konsidering p/x ing my 2003 Avensis T3-X for something for the weekend..... :D

I work for toyota , my director returned from a meeting yesterday with news on t sports

1. Corolla tsport is coming  and will be here with approx 240 BHP

Nice. :D

These are to be viewed as halo cars to give each model range an image boost.

Yes, I think 240hp will do that :lol::lol::lol:

But when, and how much? :(

New hybrid 2 seater with a v6 engine (sub 5.0 sec 60 time and +46 mpg) coming late 2007/ early 2008

I think that's supposed to be based on the 3.3l v6 + electric motors from the rx400h, isn't it?

Cheers

Paul.

They said 3.5 V6 so i bet your right , and steel retractable roof too .

• 3 weeks later...

Here in Netherland is the new CTS Compressor for sale with a price of 34990 euros for 3-drs and 35490 euros for 5-drs. Specifications are 1.8 VVTLi motor with compresso, 165 kW/225 ps at 8000 rpm, max torque 230 Nm 3600 rpm, max speed 235 km/h, acceleration 0-100 km/h in 6.9 sec, 17" alloy wheels with Pirelli P Zero 215/45, bodykits.

They said 3.5 V6 so i bet your right , and steel retractable roof too .

new series of performance hybrids (such as GS450h) will be based on IS350's 3.5l engine which develops 300+ hp and 275tq stock, much higher numbers than RX330's 3.3l engine...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links