Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Induction & Cold Air Feed

97paseo

Finally got my induction kit fitted! B) :thumbsup:

Sounds very nice, only worrying thing is a slight hissing noise when the engine's at idle, but i've heard some kits do this? :unsure: Anyone experienced this?

More importantly though the supplied piping for the cold air feed is to large & quite short, what I'm wondering is if the kit will be much less effective if I get hold of some piping with a smaller width? What do you guys think?

Going to give this a try tomorrow as it seems like the only option, there just isn't any space for the larger feed pipe. :( <_<

so long as u dont go too thin in the diameter of the pipe it should be ok m8

trick is getting plenty of cold air to the filter, so if the wide pipe they gave u is too short u won't be getting much cold air anyway :(

could always get two thinner pipes and have both pointed at the filter from different ways :D

has anyone experimented with this?

Sam :hokus-pokus:

could always get two thinner pipes and have both pointed at the filter from different ways :D

Yea that's what I thought! :D Thanks for that!

Anyone had this prob?

Well a lot of people dont seem to bover with the cold air feed. But i think it best to have that. As long a you can get a pipe quite near the filter that should be fine mate. You should be able to get a cold air feed pipe from a good car accessories shop. somethink like the piper cross air feed pipe would be good as it's long enough to put it where you want mate. Note the more cold air your induction kit can get the better on performance :thumbsup:

jerry!!

Thanks Jerry!

I will give the feed a go as a friend says without it the filter sucks in hot air from around the engine & as its taking in more air than the standard box it can make the car run worse. :unsure:

Will get some pipe! :thumbsup:

u shud do some 0-60's with and without the induction kit m8

and also, with and without the cold air feed

would be interesting to see wot u find (i'd be interested anyway :)) :beer:

Sam :hokus-pokus:

Yea should do but can't be ubikd!!! :lol: Besides it might turn into that post about the K&N's... :unsure: :P

I like the sound it makes though!!! :D Now I have two reasons to bring the revs up, nice throaty roar from induction kit & exhaust!!! :thumbsup: :D

so 97, did you end up goin for the twin cone or single?

was it much bother puttin it on? i only ask cos i need to do summin to my car before i give it to my sister.... im goin 2moro to change the exhasut exit, dunno wether to go twin, or 4"rolld like yours, i got 4" sawn off look now.

if it is worth the performance boost, then i'll just get one of them instead of paying £300 for a custom one. oh btw, how much did it cost ya?

I've got the single cone, its the same kit as the 1.3 Rolla which is a bit weird!

It wasn't much bother to fit just had to move a couple of cables a bit, only prob is this cold air feed which I gonna have a go at in a sec! :blink:

Can't really feel a difference in performance yet without the cold air feed <_< Will post back when i've done it!

I think the exhaust does give off a bit more performance, although the main benifit for me is the sound & looks! :D

The Powerflow one was £180.

How come you're giving your car to your sis? coz of the Alfa?

:thumbsup:

Ok the cold air feed is done, kind of... :unsure:

I went & bought two new pieces of ducting (nearly fell through the floor when I saw the price!! :wacko: ).

The new pieces are about 2" as aposed to the supplied 3.5"ish, so managed to fit one through with no problems, fed it down behind the headlight & it sits nicely behind the mesh, job done. Only prob is the second one, can't seem to find anywhere for it to go :ffs:

Bloke in the shop seemed to think that just the one wouldn't feed enough air through...what does everyone think?

As for performance its hard to say round town, it defo makes a louder sound so must be working! Seems more responsive but I should be able to tell more when I give it a blat to work & back on more serious roads. It doesn't seem as loud as my mates Rover Coup K&N but that might just be coz its a different kit.

:)

yeah shes havin it for when i get the alfa.. cant wait! still dont know what colour i want, got 5 weeks left to decide!

i'll still use the seo for long journeys, jus to keep mileage down on alfa, plus getting places wont burn my wallet that way either! on the test drive i averaged a dysmal 19.8mpg!!! that was from an hour or so driving.

the k&n kits seem to be a bit louder anyways, a mate has one in his saxo and it deafens ya when u open it up... then another mate had a grenn in a rover coup, that sounded sweet but no way near as loud!

Cool thanks, thats what i thought.

Took it for a run earlier to check out the performance, defo seems more responsive & none of those gimps in there mums car's want to race now! :P

Might still have a look at that second feed but got a feeling it will have to stay like that.

It's got to be a... :thumbsup:

so what did it cost ya?

how much was the extra feed pipe?

Green kit comes in at £80, but I got it for less with the Gold Member Discount!! :P

Extra feed pipe was a £7.99! :o :wacko: :censor: What a con!!

hmmm... 80 squids eh? not bad, that will make the twin cone around 120 then... any idea how that works? just two cone filters is it?

i might jus go order one 2moro, depends what i decide to do with the exhaust... if he charges a lot then fnuck him... green air here i come

Yea the dual oneis just two cones but god knows how you'd get enough air into them both!

get a &#33;Removed&#33; 6inch feed pipe?! :lol: :group-cuddles:

:lol: Yea but where you gonna feed it? :rolleyes: There just isn't any space to get the thing through to the front!

All that plastic crap from the old filter must have weighed me down, gotta be 5bhp up just from that going!! :P

hmmm... 80 squids eh? not bad, that will make the twin cone around 120 then... any idea how that works? just two cone filters is it?

i might jus go order one 2moro, depends what i decide to do with the exhaust... if he charges a lot then fnuck him... green air here i come

it gives the filter a larger surface area.

P.S. i found that pesky second resonator box stuck inside my inner wheel arch yesterday (i've replaced all 4 arches this week)......its in the bin :)

thinking of hooking up a trick cold air intake based on a friends idea (Steve from 4agze.com) but then my bonnet vent will be redundant :(

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links