Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aus Sportivo Owner Wantin To Check Out The T-sport

xoom

Hi Guys,

I have a work trip coming up in 2 weeks and i will be in London staying in a hotel in leicester square. I will be there from the 17th till the 24th of April.

So if you guys have anything going on i wouldnt mind checking out the t-sport scene over in the UK.

As we only get the 5 door i really would like to check out the 3 door.

cheers

Bill

Hey guys,

geez dont all reply at once :P :P :P

You might try posting in the General Discussions forum, there is a lot more traffic there.

You're welcome to check out my car next time you're in Arizona though! :lol:

hehe I'll be in arizona in the next couple of month, any tips on how what to to there will be appreciated! specially if its car related!

There's a Jap Car meeting in Reading on the evening of the 19th, which quite a few TOC members usually turn up to.

If you can get yourself to somewhere near Maidenhead or High Wycombe railway station I'll give you a lift over. It isn't going to be practical to drive into London at that time.

More info here.

Cheers

Paul.

hehe I'll be in arizona in the next couple of month, any tips on how what to to there will be appreciated! specially if its car related!

Yeh?

There's lots to see here. The Grand Canyon, of course. The red rocks of Sedona.

As far as cars go we have car shows all the time. There is a sizeable population of wealthy people who live here part of the year so it's not unusual to see Aston Martins, Lamborghinis, Ferraris and the like in the Scottsdale area especially.

You might like to check out one of the Barrett-Jackson car auctions. They auction valuable classic cars and other rare rides and anyone is welcome to buy a ticket to the events just to take a look at the spectacular cars.

Driving here is great too. Do yourself a favor and spring for a fast, somewhat sporty rental car. The speed limit is 75 mph on highways outside the city and its easy to do 100+ for an hour straight in some areas. The highways are mostly in superb condition and the dry weather and good visibility makes it safer to drive like a maniac than it is most places.

If you're coming to the Phoenix area, I recommend taking a drive to Sedona up the I-17. It's a great 1.5 hour drive on highway just like what I described through very picturesque areas and once you get to Sedona you'll be treated to spectacular views of towering red rock formations and a nice selection of excellent restaurants, shopping and lodging.

Shoot me an email at hedgeborn@gmail.com when the time draws closer and I can give you more specifics. Perhaps we can meet up for a pint or something, if you like. :thumbsup:

Hi Paul,

Ok how do i go about getting from Leicester sq to either Maidenhead or High Wycombe railway station ?

Also about how long will it take to get there ?

cheers

Bill

There's a Jap Car meeting in Reading on the evening of the 19th, which quite a few TOC members usually turn up to.

If you can get yourself to somewhere near Maidenhead or High Wycombe railway station I'll give you a lift over.  It isn't going to be practical to drive into London at that time.

More info here.

Cheers

Paul.

Ok how do i go about getting from Leicester sq to either Maidenhead or High Wycombe railway station ?

Also about how long will it take to get there ?

Get the tube at Leicester Square, go on the Piccadilly line to Piccadilly Circus then change to the Bakerloo line and travel to Paddington. It'll probably take you 30 mins from Leicester Square to Paddington.

You can get a fast train from Paddington to Maidenhead which will take less than 30 mins iirc. Always seems fast and only stops once.

Really you need to be at Maidenhead by 6:30 latest, and we'll probably get to the meet by 7pm or so.

It's a bit of a bummer trying to get out of London in the rush hour, the roads are useless. The train is your best bet, but it will be busy. This journey is quite popular which means the trains don't normally hose up---there'd be too many complaints.

On the way back it'd be quite feasible to drive into London, which I don't mind doing. Will save quite a bit of time.

Cheers

Paul.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for this.... I have checked the train timetable and the tube timetable and have organised it so i am there before 6:30

Are you able to give me a ride back into London ?

Also do you have a mobile number ? Can you private message it to me so i can atleast give you a call when i get to Maidenhead.

cheers

Bill

Hi Guys,

Been walking around London and not 1 T-sport... Have seen plenty of the competitions i.e. Cooper S, type-r, Clio etc but no T-sports :( :(

Anyway hope to see plenty of them on Tuesday night

cheers

Bill

Been walking around London and not 1 T-sport... Have seen plenty of the competitions i.e. Cooper S, type-r, Clio etc but no T-sports :( :(

Anyway hope to see plenty of them on Tuesday night

It's a rare car over here. If there's another one at a meeting it's a surprise :D

People keep coming over and asking what it is! :D

Paul.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links