Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tatoos

Chappers

Tatoos  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Tatoos

• Yes - Love em - Get one
    • They're ok
    • No - Hate em - Don't even think about it

I've heard 'pile cream' is good?   :unsure:

For tatoos..

Yep - Preparation-H normally. A new tattoo should be kept moist at all times to avoid scabs and itching. You will develop very slight scabbing initially but you need to prevent this recurring otherwise the tattoo will become patchy (where the ink has leaked from the wound).

Do not under any circumstances use Vaseline - this does nothing for the healing process and will hinder rather than help.

Your tattooist will give you aftercare instructions.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chappers

• silvasurfa

• Demonic Angel

• kimi

1st of all.. i havn't read all the posts... but i'm sure you have been warned to REALLY think about it 1st.. Tatoo's ARE perminent and can't be removed. So make sure you know what you want.

As for the design.. personally i would stay away from the "in fashion" designs, they will go out of fashion in time.. and then what are you left with???.. think what it will look like when you are 90 years old. As you are from WWales i assume you are welsh.. so maybe go for something a little patriotic??.. you will after all, always be welsh,, but abve all, get something YOU will be happy to wear for the rest of eternity.

If you do go for one, i would sudgest a place where you can hide it.. think how it could look to other people.. say you were going for a job interveiw or something.. tatoo's on your nexk or hands might leave a bad impression.

oh! i have seven tatoo's myself... both upper arms. both forearms - inside and outside.. and one covering my whole upper torso.

Pain. nothing to it.. a chineese burn.

got a bulldog on my right arm and will be getting more in the future

As you are from Wales i assume you are welsh.. so maybe go for something a little patriotic??.. you will after all, always be welsh,, but abve all, get something YOU will be happy to wear for the rest of eternity.

Spot on sonny.. :D

The old Leek or Feathers doesn't appeal to me.. I have Welsh blood and more than pleased about that. :thumbsup:

There's a guy down my gym with his face and head tatooed all-over. [skinhead]

And a guy showed me his ***** in town [for some unknown reason] with 'Your name' tatooed on it.. ala Jackass stylee... was quite funny at the time. :unsure:

got a bulldog on my right arm

:eek: damn dogs get everywhere...you outta feed it :lol:

SMW your wife has taste robbies totty :drool:

think he has too many tats though,but like that naked picture :yes:

The Mauri thing is ok..

Lion.. nah

Crosses - not religous.

Forearms.. not bad.

Chest.. nope

Behind the ear.. err no thanks

Swallows on the stomach... *sigh*

:unsure:

Pain. nothing to it.. a chineese burn.

Until youve had a chinese burn on your acheles tendon I cant except that mate!!! :P

There's a guy at work who wanted to show that he will remain loyal to his wife until he dies.

As a result he has the legend (and I swear I'm not making this up...) "!Removed! Forever" on his right arm :lol:

Oh how we laugh every time we see it... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Once again, I swear that's true - admittedly he's a bit of a 40-watter :wacko:

A

What about a heart with a banner across it emblazoned with the word 'MOM' .??

With 'love' and 'hate' onmy knickles? ;)

Oops, should possibly have mentioned that his wife is called !Removed!...

I didn't believe it until I saw it :rolleyes:

Sorry, I'll let you get back on topic now... :!Removed!:

A

Oops, should possibly have mentioned that his wife is called Gay...

I didn't believe it until I saw it :rolleyes:

Sorry, I'll let you get back on  topic now... :shutit:

A

Ohhh - Now I get it! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

have a few.. worst thing i ever done

I think they are quality, but it all depends on the person ...

I have a tat of my drum kit on my left arm .. and am in the process of desinging my full back tattoo :)

no! detest them now, got them on my hands and arms, starting when i was sixteen,tattoos on my hands cost me about £5. 30 yrs later and about a £1.000 spent at a laser clinic to remove my hand tattoos. think long and hard, research the shop and look at work he has done on your mates. if you still want to go ahead get one, that just peeks out under your t-shirt sleeve. my advice steer clear of colours, they fade, modern ones look ok now think 30yrs ahead. spent 30yrs trying to hide mine, and they were modern when i was young. good luck!

I hate them.

I don't care if other guys get them, but I never will.

I don't like them on women. One tiny one on an ankle is acceptable if it's something pretty like a little flower or whatever, but the big above-the-a$$ ones, I think are hideous personally. It is SO rare to see a tattoo that actually looks good, most peoples look amateurish and even the nice ones are just like body graffiti to me. Why taint your skin with a bunch of ugly ink. Even if you think it looks dead sexy now, it's guaranteed to look like ***** when you inevitably get older and wrinkly. Surveys have shown that the majority of people who get them regret it years down the road.

This will sound snobbish, but I think tattoos almost seem to relegate you to a lower rung of society. Anything below the elbow makes you look like an ex-convict or wannabe tough guy. The barbed wire or patterned band around the bicep is so played out that it's almost funny and just makes you look like, what would you guys say? A chav, is it?

Just don't see the point of it. Unless you get something that is really meaningful to you, maybe if you were in the military and you got some insignia or unit number perhaps.

I say don't get one unless it is something that holds great meaning to you and which you will always be proud of. Marking up your body as a fashion statement is just sheer idiocy IMO.

How abot to hands coming out of the belly button, and some swirling effect lines (like a plug hole) with :help: written above it :lol:

Another one i seen (in a book i might add) is of a monkey.. it's head was just below the belly button, the arms were sort of on the hips-ish and it's legs were on the inner thigh's... i'll leave it to your own imagineation what the body was :lol:

Yeah, i have one (and many to follow incidently) that i designed myself when i was 19 and left getting it done for a few years to "be sure" it was what i wanted and not a fad etc. Making myself wait to get it was hard going but made the experience all the better.

The design is a "fireball" starting with the ball part following the contour of the ball of my shoulder and the trail comes down to about 2 inches from my elbow. In the center of the ball is a three pointed "YingYang" symbol. The its full of blues, and purples in colour and i love it.

It was done by Tom from here:http://www.tattoostudioguide.com/studio81manchester.htm

And was one of the most strangely enjoyable time of my life! :D

There's a guy at work who wanted to show that he will remain loyal to his wife until he dies.

As a result he has the legend (and I swear I'm not making this up...) "!Removed! Forever" on his right arm :lol:

Oh how we laugh every time we see it... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Once again, I swear that's true - admittedly he's a bit of a 40-watter :wacko:

A

BEST STORY EVER

:lol:

PMSL x 1,000,000

What about a heart with a banner across it emblazoned with the word 'MOM' .??

With 'love' and 'hate' onmy knickles? ;)

And Anchovy on your forhead, because you can't spell Anarchy.

Mike.

Good on you Scionic.

The only tattoo I can think of that would make a good impression on me would be one with numbers from a concentration camp, and they weren't a voluntary disfigurement.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links