Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mg Rover Dead

admanirv

Well not that it effects me becoz i own a jap car.

But what a shame for this country and employees.

My opnion is this country is truly knackered, we manufacture nothing at all, if it is its owned by foreign investments and foreign owned.

it will come to a point where, we wont make anyhting, and foreign companys charge anything they want as we cant supply ourselves.

truly a shame. :(

I left a company who produces massive amounts of parts for rover last year. if i had stayed, i would have got a redundancy payout! Gutted!

Shame about Rover though, 15k jobs will be lost in my area which is a huge amount. Glad i'm out of it for a change

Yes, that's the problem. Not a fan of their cars but a lot of people are going to be unemployed. A great shame.

Well not that it effects me becoz i own a jap car.

But what a shame for this country and employees.

My opnion is this country is truly knackered, we manufacture nothing at all, if it is its owned by foreign investments and foreign owned.

it will come to a point where, we wont make anyhting, and foreign companys charge anything they want as we cant supply ourselves.

truly a shame.  :(

Don't agree 100% with you there. There are reasons why people like nissan and honda make cars here, as do peugeot. + we have the best racing technology in modern motor racing. The foreign car makers deciding to make cars here do give the economy a boost and generate jobs etc. Unfortunately when BMW decided to :censor: MG Rover, it was always going to be downhill for them. Like you say sad day for british car makers but don't forget the others.

Yes, that's the problem. Not a fan of their cars but a lot of people are going to be unemployed. A great shame.

Agreed! :(

Agreed! :(

glad to see the end of all the old crap models that just got face lifted again and again and again, but i do feel sorry for the work force who now have to find another way to put bread on the table, but did ye know the director of the Phoenix group who own MGROVER are the highest payed director of ALL the motor companies in the world and i do mean all. so for them they don`t care they have made vast sums of money and just :censor: on the worker, for me the only sad thing is the unemployed workforce who now have no income

Unfortunately, the goverment do not want to be involved with anything remotely 'dirty'.. Heavy industry in Wales hardly exists massive places like Llanwern and Corus were simply split in half and these are companies that supply millions of tonnes of steel ..

It's sad.

My old workplace faced company closure [it was cheaper to spend 1.5million pund to ship the plant over than continue to run in Wales.. ] You cannot compete with places like China, Korea, India etc at the moment when they will work for practically nothing.

:(

mg rover was excellent at one time when it was owned 51% by Honda, my bro drives a rover 600 with the honda accord engine n transmission - its got 87 k on the clock n still going ..but as you guys said - it was only a mtter of time b4 it went bust.

glad to see the end of all the old crap models that just got face lifted again and again and again

To be fair, Rover always made good quality motors, and the MG mods made them appealing to a different kind of person. As for the facelifts, in my opinion why fix what isn't broken? One of their biggest mistakes was the CityRover - They wouldn't even let Top Gear feature it ffs coz it was so a$$ !!!

Sorry to see them go, and i certainly wouldn't describe the models they finished their life on as "Crap"

one of the main parts if the market the were missing was the young new dirvers sector. their cars didnt have enought style to them. fair enough the MG versions were more pleasing to the eye and looked sportier but the insurance on them was way too high for young drivers. even tho the city rover was in their price range they looked pants

To be fair, Rover always made good quality motors,

WHAT???

Wake up and smell the coffee, Rover always made good quality motors?

Keep taking the tablets!

:eek:

When they were fully british they were ace. Lets be fair here, they ain't (or rather weren't) no DAEWOO enterprise were they? Or even Vauxhall for that matter!!! Every company has bad and good points, just a matter of opinion.

No need to get so antagonistic reece.

Lets not forget. They are like the only company who took the standard cars and ruded em all up!! to make an entire new range. That was "proper bo".

We can only hope these poor fellows can find jobs at the plant building Honda Civics or whatever else is there in the auto manufacturing sector in the UK.

The American auto industry is still intact, but we are losing jobs to overseas as well all the time. GM and Ford and DaimlerChrysler can't use the excuse that they are going under though. Many Fords are now built in Mexico for no other reason than to maximize corporate profits at the expense of American jobs. If Toyota and Honda are building factories here and remain profitable there is no excuse for our homegrown industries to be moving out of the country.

We can only hope these poor fellows can find jobs at the plant building Honda Civics or whatever else is there in the auto manufacturing sector in the UK.

Thats the thing - theres not a lot of that left here! And nothing in the immediate area for those workers - unless they all move to Coventry (nice! lol) and get jobs for Jaguar and Peugeot, but even then Peugeot recently announced job losses at their plant too I believe....

Everythings gone all kock-a-hoop! :rolleyes:

sad to see.we only got a tiny amount of mg rover product here, its seems the old adage runs true : the biggest threat to the british motor industry, is the british motor industry :(

sad to see.we only got a tiny amount of mg rover product here, its seems the old adage runs true : the biggest threat to the british motor industry, is the british motor industry :(

True, as I said before about the models just being face lifted all the time and someone replied, "if its not broken, then don’t fix it" that was the problem. Rover for a number of reasons be it lack of investment, skills or lack of balls, never pushed the limits. All they ever did was use other car builder whose cars were on the road as benchmarks. All well and good, but the car builder they were always copying WERE looking forward not sideways and so rover was always one-step behind. my god even here the yaris a great car but do you see Toyota dragging it out for 12-15 years, NO, they use that car as the benchmark and improve on as a whole and bring out a brand new model. This could not have gone on forever so the public with the limited exception of the u.k lost interest in rover, so as a result poor car sales, which in turn means no profits and no profit means no investment and no investment leads to no R&D and so no new models, just facelifts. The company was in a catch 22 situation. Only before Christmas, Rover contract with Honda to supply switchgear ended so rover had to design and built there own. Easy yea, you would think they couldn’t mess that up could they? Well ta da they did. Now to end can anyone remember the last whole car rover had the ball to R&D, design, engineer and build themselves, go on, rack those brain cell, remember the great Austin allegro at that I rest my case. sorry about the rant.

its easy to see the only good thing in this image

allegro-f3q-white-f.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links