Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mr2 Sills

samwilko

I ve just bought a 1990 MR2 gt t-bar mk2 and its failed the MOT. The problem is the back of the sills where they join the rear arches have rotted away. on close inspection they ve been patched before-badly. I was wondering if it was possible to buy replacement sill panels rather than getting it patched up again cos that will look awful. Also the garage that MOT'd it quoted me £300 to patch it!!

Also has anyone used powerflow for a stainless exhaust was thinking about it but was wondering what people think, and a rough price for a manifold back system.

Any help much appreciated, im new to MR2's!

If I recall correctly the sills are structural and part of a larger panel that goes up towards the rear 3/4, so you'd have a huge job to replace them, you'd probably be looking at £1000 for the panels, cutting, welding, repainting, etc.....

A couple of lads on here have had powerflow systems fitted, I think the quality and price depends where you go t.b.h

If I recall correctly the sills are structural and part of a larger panel that goes up towards the rear 3/4, so you'd have a huge job to replace them, you'd probably be looking at £1000 for the panels, cutting, welding, repainting, etc.....

Your right about it being part of the rear panel but you dont need to go that far up, just cut the section of the sill you need...

My local bodyshop did a fabtastic job for £120 for both sides. The rear part isn't structural, merely decorative, and as long as the corrosion hasn't spread to the main sill you'll be able to replace the end part.

With regards to powerflow, personally I rate them highly, I had one on a previous car and now have one on the MR2. They can make it look and sound just how you want and you'd be surprised how affordable they are, it's around £250 for a full system. I'm very pleased with mine :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

I took the car to a local bodyshop, RKG autobodies in Plymouth.

He replaced the inner and outer sills the full length using panels he fabricated, stonechipped and sprayed with two pack to match my car. He had it three days and when I got it back I was well pleased with the results. Looks absoloutely superb, couldn t fault the work at all, even more impressive knowing he made the sills up, more than happy with it, all for £200! :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links