Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tuning Me 4efe Starlet

thunderpants

hi

im new to this and i have a spoftif does any1 have any tuning tips for me please. At the mo i have a k&n air filter on, and one ov those +25 bhp chips off eBay that i think dont realy work but id like to do a bit more than this realy

Many thanks

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• riko666

• geocool69

• Starlet_SR_MAN14C

• nrgizerbunny

Might want to start a new thread as this is old, and get rid of that 25bhp chip its a load of crap that messes your fueling up

Best mods for power - panel filter, exhaust (not too big internal diameter as you need the back pressure), corolla inlet manifold and thats about it without throwing silly money at it

Forget about power and concentrate on handling and brakes as you will be able to drive quicker!

Might want to start a new thread as this is old, and get rid of that 25bhp chip its a load of crap that messes your fueling up

Best mods for power - panel filter, exhaust (not too big internal diameter as you need the back pressure), corolla inlet manifold and thats about it without throwing silly money at it

Forget about power and concentrate on handling and brakes as you will be able to drive quicker!

thanks mate

what corrola manifold tho wot size engine or are they all the same.

many thanks

• 3 months later...
sent a pm bud with lots of usful info :-)

wonder whether there's any chance of getting the content of that pm.

cheers.

--

praveen

• 9 months later...

i have a starlet gi 99 bhp model whats the best way to tune it

so far iv decided to port the head get gt injectors , blitz air intake , trd plugs and leads and im tryn to get a full stainless steel exhaust system but theres nothin for a 4efe :(

• 2 years later...

compared to a 1N, which is no faster than a bicycle pushed by lance armstrong without snorting coke, even a stock 4efe is a vast improvemnt I dare say!!

I wanted a 5efe swap, but they are harder to fin. 4's are fairly common and I dont want turbo stuff since I am not after awesome power. Just want some more enjoyment from driving it. I was thinking

-rebore(to get close to the 5efe cc)

-rolla inlet manifold

-custom exhaust manifold and wide exhaust all way back

-skimming, port and polish cylinder head

-mapping ecu

-cone filter

should get like 30ish more from above. 100ish is still double the power of the 1n :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links