Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Corolla Liftback E10

Kudos+

Hi Guys just thought id tell you im new on here, but have been reading your posts for a while!

I was just wondering if anyone on here owns a Toyota Corolla Liftback E10? As I have not seen any posts conserning this model of corolla. Has everyone forgot about it lol?

My dad has had the 1.3 GLI Kudos Plus model for 7 yrs and has just gave it me as he has bought a Rav4.

Whilst im on the topic id just like to say what a good car it has been over the seven years. Reliability wise its sound never had any problems with the engine or gearbox and its done 92,000 miles ( dont suppose its that much for a toyota, but anyway..). And i am hoping I will get many more miles out of it. The brakes were changed all round after 80,000 miles which i think is quite impressive, in comparison to my mates audi a2 which needed new brakes after 20,000 miles.

My car has been on the drive for 6 months as it is not insured nor taxed as i do not yet hold a license, and starts first time every time. Only problem I have had with it is the handbrake was sticking and brakes as it had not been moved for a while, but they have now loosened of when the car had been took for a run round the block. Also there has been some condensation coming out of the exhaust which im sure will clear up after a good blast.

The car has been well looked after, Its never been pushed past 4000 revs! By the way does it do the engine any harm taking it to the red line?

I am slowly modifying it (my little project) just bought some 16" fox evo 8s for it and am thinking of buying a spoiler and side skirts later on ( have to watch my insurance as im only 17).

Have seen a carbon fibre spoiler in Halfords for £200 and skirts all round on http://www.tuningshop.co.uk/acatalog/The_Tuning_Webshop___Toyota_Corolla_Liftback_E10__7_95_121.html

Was just wondering as well why some peoply have really shiny brake disks on older cars, mine are fairly rusty, as im painting my calipers soon??

Also is there much what can be done to improve the perfeormance of the 1.3 4efe engine? think its 86bhp as standard.

Would be greatfull if anyone has seen bodykits for this model, and could let me know! Would be even happier if anyone knows if there are any lexus lights available for it also.

If you have managed to read this long boring post thanks! :yes:

Me

Hi,

I own a 93 Corolla 1.3 GLI 5 door, and have done for just over a year now, i have nothing to compare it to as ive only been driving a year but i think its a really good car, nothing has gone wrong with it since i've had it, the only thing i've had to do to it is put a new radiator on it, oh and of course put petrol in!!

The engine pulls well for the size of car, as for the red-line, i've not hit it personally, but it seems happy enough between 5,000-5,750rpm, so its not that far off, you shouldn't have any probs with it.

Saying that tho i do wanna get rid of it and get a G6R! :thumbsup:

Hey there,

To be fair, this model of corolla is seen as a much more executive model, rather than sport edition. Toyota didn't do a body kit for it, but you can get the original rear and front spoiler for it, and i would recommend you look in scrappies or eBay for this sort of thing.

The 1.3 engine is the baby and odd one out of the corolla series, overall performance boost can be reached by cold air induction and other stuff like this, but this doesn't really bother me. Your brakes are probably rusty from standing and cause ur discs are heavily used and not been replaced. If the pads have been changed recently, u may as well change the front discs, easy enough and pretty cheap from your local parts retailer.

There is quite a few bits and bobs that can be uprgraded in the corolla, but it is all pretty rare now, like front fogs, dials and some other small bits. Fogs are very very rare. Gxi dials will fit in this corolla, but are also very very rare. If yours is a gli it probably has electric mirrors and windows and sun roof im guessing?

Carefull with those 16"s cause a fair few ppl on this forum have used 16"s on their corolla's and shot there front shocks,

hope this helps a bit, :)

cheers,

Kamran

Gxi dials will fit in this corolla, but are also very very rare. If yours is a gli it probably has electric mirrors and windows and sun roof im guessing?

Carefull with those 16"s cause a fair few ppl on this forum have used 16"s on their corolla's and shot there front shocks,

cheers,

Kamran

Hey thanks for the info mate didnt think any one was going to reply! Yeh mine is the GLI but only has electric front windows, no ABS, no airbags, its actually quite anoying as the later 94' model came with ABS and i think drivers airbag. I havent actually drove with the 16" on yet as there in the garage, have tried them on and they fit with a decent amount of clearance from the arches. What do u mean by shot there front suspension? as in broke? and how, like why would wheels cause this? The standard wheels on it at the moment are only 14". I bought 16" as i thought it wouldnt affect the ride quality or speedometer as much as 17" or 18"s, do u think it will?

Thanks!

me

Hi,

I own a 93 Corolla 1.3 GLI 5 door, and have done for just over a year now, i have nothing to compare it to as ive only been driving a year but i think its a really good car, nothing has gone wrong with it since i've had it, the only thing i've had to do to it is put a new radiator on it, oh and of course put petrol in!!

The engine pulls well for the size of car, as for the red-line, i've not hit it personally, but it seems happy enough between 5,000-5,750rpm, so its not that far off, you shouldn't have any probs with it.

Saying that tho i do wanna get rid of it and get a G6R! :thumbsup:

Thanks for your reply! Is yours the hatchback or liftback? I just had my radiator replaced last year. The engine i also feel pulls well for a 1.3 it is vertually a 1.4 though and the car doesnt weigh that much 1040kg. The performance figures on mine i found out were 0-60 = 12.5 and 105mph flat out, which i dont suppose is bad.

When i read the broshure on the G6 the performance figures were exactly the same as the same engined 5 gear standard model, which I couldnt understand as i thought it would be faster acceleration haveing 6 gears n all, thought the gear ratios would have been closer?

Gxi dials will fit in this corolla, but are also very very rare.  If yours is a gli it probably has electric mirrors and windows and sun roof im guessing? 

cheers,

Kamran

Hey thanks for the info mate didnt think any one was going to reply!  Yeh mine is the GLI but only has electric front windows, no ABS, no airbags, its actually quite anoying as the later 94' model came with ABS and i think drivers airbag.  I havent actually drove with the 16" on yet as there in the garage, have tried them on and they fit with a decent amount of clearance from the arches.  What do u mean by shot there front suspension? as in broke? and how, like why would wheels cause this?  The standard wheels on it at the moment are only 14".  I bought 16" as i thought it wouldnt affect the ride quality or speedometer as much as 17" or 18"s, do u think it will?

Thanks!

me

Hi - I'm one of those that had front shocks destroyed by 16" alloys. Mind you, I have a '94 Corolla GXi and the shocks, springs and anti-roll bars are all a bit beefier than the 1.3 version (hence the rock hard ride and knackered shocks), so the larger wheels may be OK on yours. If you're after anymore info on your Corolla, I have a load of original brochures here I can put online if you like? Cheers.

Hi - I'm one of those that had front shocks destroyed by 16" alloys. Mind you, I have a '94 Corolla GXi and the shocks, springs and anti-roll bars are all a bit beefier than the 1.3 version (hence the rock hard ride and knackered shocks), so the larger wheels may be OK on yours. If you're after anymore info on your Corolla, I have a load of original brochures here I can put online if you like? Cheers.

Yeh that would be great mate if you could put the original brochure online i have been looking out for them for a long time but never came across them.

cheers

Yeh that would be great mate if you could put the original brochure online i have been looking out for them for a long time but never came across them.

cheers

Hi - drop me an e-mail at catfordmartin@aol.com as a reminder if you could! I'll scan them in next weekend. Cheers.

• 1 month later...

Alrite mate, congratulations!! wonderful car, i have the 1.3 sportif, lowered it by 30mm, removed cat, custom induction kit, and possibly the best part, new 15" alloys with 205/45R15V, the tyres are very wide and flat so lots of contact and they are overall about 2" smaller than the originals which suprisingly makes a fairly good improvement on acceleration and make the car about another inch lower. a few things, watch out for lowering it more than 30mm without new shocks and mounts cos you will start cutting tyres open on the rear. as with the redline thing jap engines need to be taken to the redline every noe and again, it helps clean and lubricate them, we suggest this to all customers at our dealership. if you are looking for cheap power improvements go for de-cat and induction kit. you can get just an air filter for next to nothing but i went a bit further, mainly for looks but i made my own induction kit using a silicone reducer attatched to a length of stainless then a 90degree elbow silicone then joined to a filter using a short length of stainless, then a cold air feed from the fog light hole in the bumper, if you are going to do this make sure the cold air feed goes thorough a 90degree turn somewer to stop water and dirt getting through, as for the cat, go to a local scrappy, find another cat and a short length of exhaust pipe (cut this to the same length as the cat, cut the flanges off the scrappy cat and weld them to the length of pipe both ends, now you can remove the cat put in the stright thru pipe and replace the cat for mot's, removing the cat can give you upto 8bhp.

hope this helps mate, if you got any worries give us a shout.

Thanks for the reply mate, helps a lot! I have been thinking about buying an induction kit for a while but have not yet got round to it. Is yours more responsive through the low rev range? I have 16"s on mine and its supriseing how much more grip they offer in comparison t0 my standard 14"s, its a lot harder to wheelspin now and it seems to corner a lot better.

as for the cornering i think it will have been your confidence in the new rubbers that makes it easy, you would be suprised how far a stock tyre will go.

To be totally honest wit ya an induction kit on its own wont do much for performance, it sounds fabulous but you need to be expelling air quicker, i advise getting rid of your cat first, it costs nothing as long as you have access to a hacksaw and a mig welder, after this put your induction kit on and it could give you about 10bhp. i can give you drawings of the induction kit or info on wer to get parts etc. if you need it, same wit the cat.

wat size tyres you runnin?

are you on msn? and again good choice of car!!

Mine are 205/45 R16, yeh im on msn, at the mo just think i will buy an air filter (insurnce reasons), but will def consider that for in the near future.

Cheers

Nice tyres!! i bet they looks the bolloks as well!!

dont blame you mate, insurance is so expensive now, im 19 with 9 points and im paying just over 2k.

Are you going to just buy a filter or the whole induction kit??

Just thought I'd add this... First of all, the small spoiler on the front bumper of the GXi and Si models will fit right onto the liftback models. Also, any side spoilers that will fit on any 4-door E10 (saloon, liftback, estate, and hatchback) or E11 will also fit on your liftbacks. Cheers!

think i might just get an air filter for now samuri for now anyway.....lol. The tires are brill, loads n loads of grip. what tires have you got on yours?

Red im going to have a look around some scrappies soon now for gxi skirt if I can for mine cheers!

i have got 205/45R15 V Kumho Ecsta Supras, they are lovely really low profile side wall (92mm) and really flat width so i constantly have 205mm on the road, i was running 195/45 but they didnt give the wheel any protection at all so i scuffed my old wheels quite badly. Not only do they grip really well but my confidence going into corners and breaking late has got better. my friend has a OE BMW 318 and i destroyed him round the circuit near me purely cos i could get round the corners without understeer and come out without the back end going. so im after power now i got the handling set up good.

Hope all goes well!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links