Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Thames Valley Police Points System

Fidgits

It seems Labour has introduced a points system for Thames Valley police...

And guess what...

Under the scheme, police will be given ten points for arresting a rapist or burglar compared with five for a motorist talking on a mobile phone or someone committing an affray or a public order offence.

Yep, if a policeman catches 2 people driving while on their mobile phone - this is equivalent to catching a rapist....

:angry:

Full story here

What do points make........ Poorer motorists! :eek:

You can see the coppers now...

Right lets see, I have to make 40 points by the end of the week..

Do I:

a. Solve the 3 burgalries and the rape

b. Deal with 4 anti-social behaviour issues, and 2 burgalries

c. Sit on the A33 and pick off 8 motorists that might be making everyday minor infrigments and take the rest of the week off..

I guess that means if you talk on your phone while driving, and get caught twice, your as bad as a rapist in the eyes of the law.

I can understand it as an "incentive scheme" to catch violent criminals but it seems that yet again the motorist is being punished

Surely a rapist is worth more than 10 points if someone driving whilst on a mobile is 5? :rolleyes:

OK it's a serious issue and you could cause a fatality using a mobile while driving but it sends out the wrong message, I think, to both the public and the police.

So if you catch a rapist who is talking on his mobie behind the wheel whilst speeding do you get a combo multiplier?

Like Thames Valley need an incentive scheme to catch speeders ! You could lose your licence in their 'airport' section of the M25 alone. Failing that park anywhere near Windsor Castle and see how they treat you !

What next - performance related pay for Avon and Somerset zero tolerance ?

Why can't they all be like the Met, chilled (in my experience anyway).

Right - where is that link to the black rat stickers . . . .

PMSL!

<Southerners form an orderly queue> :lol:

:ffs: things like this are so annoying, rapists are far more worse than speeders...and rapists do much more harm...stupid laws. :!Removed!:

Like Thames Valley need an incentive scheme to catch speeders ! You could lose your licence in their 'airport' section of the M25 alone. Failing that park anywhere near Windsor Castle and see how they treat you !

wehn i was running a pub right opposite the castle someone parke there car on pave ment outside so police came along took it away and blew it up. was classed as quite a high terrorist target on one corner u had mcds pizza hut starbucks wetherspoons and burger king plus windsor castle the bloke whos car it was was a littl eupset though

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-13327651,00.html

Also, police in Wiltshire are clamping down on speeders along a stretch of the M4 motorway.

Ahh brillant! Just want the area needs, more f-ing speed cameras :ffs:

Any guys coming from Reading direction on saturday for the meer better be careful :thumbsup:

theres a meet on saturday?

Ian :rolleyes:

rachel? :ph34r:

Bristol meet my dear, 3pm, look on the meets forum ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links