Do you use your inserts?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use your inserts?

• Yes, keep them in ALL the time.
    • Use them when its sunny.
    • Use them in winter coz it feels cozy.
    • Use them rarely.
    • I never really use them.

I was sitting in my car on break today at work and decided to put my T-Bar inserts in for a gag, (and keep the sun of my head)

Cant say I like the feel of the cockpit with them in, feel a bit trapped. I like the openess and seeing the blue sky above. Will prob take them out tomorrow.

Think it does feel a little bit more 'track car' with them in tho.

What do you guys do?

Used them once in my old 2, sitting on the M1 on a blazing hot day with the t-bar's off. Complete standstill and mi head was roasting! I put the t-bar's on aswell as the inserts switched the a/c on and sat on the M1 for....... well age's. Didn't think i'd av to use em but they came in handy!

mine are permanently in, i like the feeling of being trapped, makes me feel more secure !i dont get the greenhouse effect on those sunny days and it doesnt take as long to warm up on cold days!

i never used them when i first got my car but after having them in for a bit i couldnt live without them now.

i keep them in because makes the car easier to heat up on cold day,also i got leather interior so it aint good sun beaming in on it

feels more secure though, feels like driving without your seat belt without them in. i thought everyone used their tbar blinds? weird

glass is actual roof, inserts are a like a blind, like the sliding bit on a usual sunroof. but seem to do a lot more in a tbar for some reason.

Love the idea that the T-Bar MR2 has so many options!

T bar glass with inserts one day,

T bar glass only another day,

No T bar glass at all on a dry day!

I rarely use them, i like the whole transparent roof thing.

One thing though is they come in handy for blockin the light as it shines off the head unit and makes the display impossible to read.

I agree jappy the fact that the T bar has so many option makes it sooo good.

Depends on what mood im in, if its sunny but not warm enough to have the panels off then ill just take the covers off. Daft question but say your driving around with the roof off and it starts to rain, is there a speed you can stay above that wont give the rain any chance to land on you?

I almost never have mine off, mainly because I prefer it to be dark in so people can't see me (tints etc.) ocassionaly I have them off for a week and then when I put them back in it feels much better, more cozy :)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

I had mine in for the first day I had the car, then took them out to see what it'd be like. They've been stowed behind the seats ever since! Like a bright car, have always had sunroofs and never pulled the blind over unless i was parked with the sun shining directly in on me! B)

T-bars are amazing! Feel bad for all those '2 owners that haven't had the pleasure!

I put them on in winter, makes the car feel much cosier in the cold morning, but they've been out for the last week or so :D I love the brightness that you get when theyre out, feels very fresh!

i've used mine once, when getting the car home from where i bought it. was all motorway driving and sun was very hot so we put them in, after that, i've never used them, love the open feel :D

I keep mine on all the time... makes you feel more cozy. Don't really like them when off... ala Rico/Jappy.

in winter they are in all the time, its warmer and feels more cosy too! but in the summer they are of now, cos if its warm enough i just take the roof off complety!

totally changes the feel of the inside

Yup - amazed by this myself. It's like having two completely different cars.

Mine only in in the winter... in fact I took them out about a week ago as a sign to the world that I had now determined that Winter was over.

Didn't have any when I bought the car. Got some off E-bay which matched my interior perfectly (Black top side, grey inside). I use them all of the time and the car feels more cosy. Seeing as I haven't had the car long, can't say I won't take them out for the summer but I guess it gets a bit like a greenhouse.

Joe

Have em in at all times, can't stand the street light at night times or the Sun beaming in hotting the cabin up!!

use 'em most of the time.

took them out a few days ago to take the roof off for the first time this year and haven't got round to putting them back in yet. feels strange now, and the sun glaring through the roof is annoying.

definitely lower down though jappy. at a weekend when i bother to spike my hair up it catches on the inserts, but doesn't touch the glass.

if my hair is particularly spikey or long i make sure the inserts are behind the seats! :D

in winter they are in all the time, its warmer and feels more cosy too!  but in the summer they are of now, cos if its warm enough i just take the roof off complety!

What he said :thumbsup: