Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Should I Get A Job?

scionic

Should I get a job?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Should I get a job?

• Yes, just take any job so you keep occupied for the time.
    • Yes, but start a serious job hunt and consider changing fields.
    • No, stay in your friends flat and continue loafing on the couch.
    • No, stay in your friends flat and continue posting insane rants on TOC

are there many it jobs going in the us? i was going to transfer to allabama via my company (eds) but had visions of seeing rednecks playing banjos next to spit buckets (and then i watched Deliverance)

may consider moving to another us state.

to get back on topic i rekon you should find something else to do, or maybe work in a server support enviroment?

lol!! I wouldn't want to go to Allybayma either :ph34r:

Atlanta or Athens Georgia would be nice, on the other hand. Or Central-Southern Florida. Or the Texas Gulf Coast.

There are lots of IT jobs in the U.S. but I would stay the hell away from Alabama, and pretty much all of the deep south except Florida. No offense to anyone who lives there, I'm a native New Yorker, maybe that's it. I just can't take the humidity, the accents and the pace of life down there, not to mention a lot of other things I won't mention at the risk of offending people. Pacific northwest, the north east and the south west are all cool. I've lived in all those places. The south is nice to visit, I like New Orleans, but no way in hell would I live down in that area. I could live in Wisconsin though, I've seen pictures. It's beautiful there and every girl I've ever known from Wisconsin has been a nordic looking valkryrie beauty. The Wisconsin folks I've known have all be very friendy, genuine and down-to-earth.

Scionic, i know you bought "!Removed!"... thats kewl, i just thought id post here and give you crap. Besides, when you get a job, i'm quiting mine and adopting your sofa!

:thumbsup:

What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be on a Mitsubishi forum somewhere? :lol:

You forgot Wisconsin's most important feature:

The New Glarus Brewing Company :D And the rest of our microbreweries. Forget that *****-water known as Miller.

Is there really an option here???

I'm glad your in the Us...

If You were in the UK and free loading off my taxes like so many do, my reply would have been quite different.

You'll be happy to know that I have never collected unemployment compensation from the government though. You'd probably like it in America, especially Arizona. We are very keen on !Removed! the poor here to keep taxes low for the upper middle class. Single moms struggle to feed their children so that rich f***s can buy new SUV's and boats and have a nice tax break.

Is there really an option here???

I'm glad your in the Us...

If You were in the UK and free loading off my taxes like so many do, my reply would have been quite different.

You'll be happy to know that I have never collected unemployment compensation from the government though. You'd probably like it in America, especially Arizona. We are very keen on screwing the poor here to keep taxes low for the upper middle class. Single moms struggle to feed their children so that rich f***s can buy new SUV's and boats and have a nice tax break.

A bit like me.

We get the option to pay insurances for sickness and redundancy, if it wasn't for these I would be having to sell my House and car once my savings disappear (not long now :( (the savings that is))

i can't believe everyone has missed the most obvious answer for scionic!

stay in your mate's flat, and enjoy life, instead of spending half of it grafting for someone else,...however, to keep an adequate amount of cash flowing,...

1. set up as an exporter of modified car parts.

2. those parts should be of a japanese/toyota fitting variety.

3. start organising group buys to your friends on TOC across the pond.

4. charge a very small admin fee for your trouble - enough to keep your flat mate happy, food in your belly, and fuel in your car.

5. make lots of friends and influence people over here.

now that is a plan :thumbsup:

living comfortably without a job!

good life that!

stay as you are

afterall what do we work for? to live comfortably

enjoy it fella i wish i could

living comfortably without a job!

good life that!

stay as you are

afterall what do we work for? to live comfortably

enjoy it fella i wish i could

Well everybody's idea of living comfortably is different. My needs are much more simple than most I think. I sleep on futon and live out of boxes mostly at this point. I consider it comfortable because I sleep acceptably on the futon, the air conditioning is cold, there is wireless broadband Internet for my laptops and the company is good. Most people not in their teenage or college years would probably not be happy with it. I am OK though, knowing it's only temporary.

The import idea is intriguing. I might just have to give that some thought. ;)

Best get a job and remain an active and integrated part of society. In some ways, taking a lowly job can look worse on your CV than a short spell of unemployment. But a long spell of unemployment looks worse than no job at all.

If you have to, and if the opportunity exists, continue in the same field whilst submitting articles to various publications. However, the market in any country is saturated with freelancers, many of whom specialize. That is to say, you don't stand much of a chance with Bird Watching Weekly or Your Toothpick Monthly. Publishers are continually bombarded with offers and they get to take the pick of the crop at a rate that suits.

You could start your own small business alongside work or whilst unemployed. In a field where you sell your own labour the initial investment is low -- indeed it appears you have a computer already! Just hang in there for a while, eventually the communications department of some company will come along, they like you, tell their friends an it all builds from there.

Just some thoughts, not telling you what to do or anything...

That's really sound advice.

I think what I really need is to find some motivation/inspiration. :(

ive got a Job for you.theres an Idiot in Scottsdale that owes me something..........i will never see it, but it would be great to pay him a visit! :yes:

ive got a Job for you.theres an Idiot in Scottsdale that owes me something..........i will never see it, but it would be great to pay him a visit! :yes:

You want I should go ova there and break his fingahs or sumthing for ya? ;)

You want I should go ova there and break his fingahs or sumthing for ya? ;)

Could always just Thump him one and say heres a present from

Mat...........UK....Volk Wheel Spacer Rings.........**** :thumbsup:

he will get the message :D

OK, took care it.

The vultures will be feasting on his remains in the desert by morning.

I took the money from his wallet and used it to ship out your Volk wheel spacer rings via Fed Ex.

So do I get the job as your personal henchman now? ;)

Thanks.....ok, now for the next score to be settled, if you pop up to seattle....... :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links