Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dead Celica

pedro7680

bugger me....and Ithought the celicas had a boot........at least 4 bodies could be put in there......ooh crap.....I mean at least 15 bags of shopping cough cough!!!!!!! :eek: ....Must admit I love Skylines (and I know for a fact Ahsa has a weakyyyy spot for em too.........mmmmmm NISMO products :drool::drool: )

im back.

mr toyota is transporting the car back to my mothers within the next few days. spoke to my cousin who is pretty good with motors.

he has a few theorys,

1- maybe Mr T is looking for the most expensive option and it may not be as terminal as they say ( 1000+ labour charges )

2- he is going to do the engine change for me over a few weeks if need be.

what im needing to know from you guys in advance.

how difficult is this going to be?. any tips ? anyone done this that can advise on problems that are going to happen?

or just any pointers to remember before we start this job.

i will keep u updated with pictures of "her" progress and hopefully rise from the grave

Wohooo hes back with his baby!!! now dump the nissan matey!!!! ok right...:

1: One of the directors at work ...his mini had probs.....took it to garage nr our workshop...garage says....engine ceased...£2k to fix

2: I take my m8s car to be remapped (couldnt see a machine but he swears he has one) ....it comes back still f00ked (not trying to get round swear filter Matt its my way of saying the word nicely)

3: Take mine in to be done.....it comes out worse....

OK you get the point buddy. Right No.1 yeah engine ceased.........the car came back to our workshop...I pressed 2 ...YES 2 buttons on his keyfob...turned the ignition and well bend me over and call me rodger I had it running again....the problem was the immobiliser kept kicking in!!! (garage said ceased engine)

Ok matey best thing to do is trust youre cousin..if he has a bit of knowledge let him look. Then get a recon engine if it is buggered/or parts and sort it out. Im pretty sure a small local garage will do an engine swap for a whole lot less than MR.T :yes: (plus do a better job)

no update yet lads.

but ive been offered a very reasonable amount for the skyline that im considering.

and a good 1 gee profit :-) but shhhhhhhhhh :thumbsup:

mr toyota has told me to tell my cousin that its the bottom end and cracnkshaft that have gone.,

appears to be a big job.

not sure whats happening, but the leather interior i think ( dont quote ) will be up for sale soon, and any other bits from the car, as the potential track car for next year mite appear

toyota seem to be telling u allsorts of wobblys.

have they dropped the sump?

have they took the rocker cover off?

a rod coming thru the head is a bit daft imho, that would take some serious destruction.

probs a seized oil pump or just a snapped belt.

3sge is non interference.

find out the oil analysis from the sump, as this is the first evidence to look at. look at the oil strainer pick up to the oil pump, look at the big and little ends of the rods. take off rocker cover and check cams.

never trust anyone who says anything about engine internals unless they have actualy took off the relevant covers and looked.

thanks...

i got the celica back today and to be completely honest it looks like they have not even touched anything,m

the Battery is dead, so me cousin said charge the Battery and let him try and start it at the weekend so he can hear the noise and investigate.

its probably going to be a slow process. but i welcome all advice and ideas, as ill show him this thread when he comes round.

he had a look today and cos of the active suspension etc, and all the lack of space its going to be a nitemare..

keep suggestions please

No suggestions at mo matey just words of encouragment....keep it up buddy!!!!!! itll be fixed soon and you can rid that horrible Nissan :thumbsup::thumbsup:

babies.gif

heres my two babies side by side.

hoping to get a look tonite under the bonnet.

would any pictures of anything help with a diagonstic of the engine problem?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links