Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Off To Look At A Mr2 Tommorrow!

sewelly

Off to look at a G-Reg, Tbar import tomorrow. Its got 100,000miles on and is £1495. Clear hpi and look in excellent condition. Just looking for some opinions thought i would be able to get honests one here and what to look for. All information welcome!! :thumbsup:

The usual really

. smoke

. funny noises / rattles

. crash damage

. history

. check all electrics

. get up to 30 ish put her into 4th or 5th floor it to check the clutch

. brake in a strait line

good luck :thumbsup:

Off to look at a G-Reg, Tbar import tomorrow. Its got 100,000miles on and is £1495. Clear hpi and look in excellent condition. Just looking for some opinions thought i would be able to get honests one here and what to look for. All information welcome!!  :thumbsup:

Take a look underneath for anything iregular

Check the suspension is all straight and that any tyre wear is even..

Take the car onto a straight road and blast it to top revs in second, as you change to 3rd keep an eye in the mirror for any smoke, the boost gauge should go right to the top, (but dont worry if its near it as the stoke gauge is pants). if there is any smoke then the turbo is on its way out.

Acceleration should be smooth and fast all the way up to about 6krpm, any judders or drop off could mean leaks or something awry etc..

As its done high mileage you dont need to worry about checking the mileage telltale signs.

Check all of the electrics work, ciggie lighter, headlights, foglights, reverse lights etc..etc..

Check the Speakers on the stereo if you plan to keep it.

Check the coolant colour, if its red then its got fourlife in it, if its muddy then its never been changed.

Check for split turbo pipes.

As new2mymr2 said, rattles, brakes, no drifting ..

worth checking for any rot/rust aswell as imports generally dont agree to much with our crap weather and salty roads...

They are pretty bullet proof cars tbh and even at that mileage will still be good for ages and ages providing it has been well maintained etc

Hi mate

Take the spare wheel out and check if there's any rust on the body just under where the wheel sit's, you'll also be able to spot if there's been any front end damage in it's life. I guess a bit of rust is ok aslong as there's no holes through the body etc..

I've had a few with slight rust just under the spare wheel myself, so not really a major issue if it's not too bad!

Good Luck Matie :thumbsup:

Yas

what an adventure I had looking at the car..turned up in saw the car from distance looked awsome...looked closer not to much closer tho noticing a big key scratch down one side and inside the car the catr was even worse...smashed dials, ripped seats and so on.... any way the looking contiues.... :eek:

Keep looking mate, it will be worth the wait for a good one in the end!!!

What was the drive like? or didn't you bother?

T-bar leaks.  New panels. Respray.

Don't agree with this....

Tbar leaks can easily be fixed.

New panels... nothing wrong with new panels as long as any accident damage etc has been repaired well. I have 2 new front wings. No other damage to the car.

Respray... Most people, especially those into modding their cars will most probably at some point have a respray.

Be patient mate it took me three months of intense searching and test driving before I found my Rev3. You will see 100's of dogs, be warned.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links