Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

5e-fe 16v Efi - Lack Of Power

hinesh_p

My mate has just put in an imported 5e-fe engine which is an EFI 16v, for his toyota paseo. The engines look identical except for the EFI which is labelled on this engine. After test driving this engine, it is noted a lack of power after 4000 revs which is when the normal toyota paseo engine starts to pull. However this EFI 16v engine doesnt seem to pull after 4000 revs. Why is this the case? are these engines different?

Regards

HP

they should be the same, jdm or not. i think some of the engines had the efi label on it and some didnt, no difference really. i know that the gen1 5efe developed 100hp at 6200rpm whilst the gen2 5efe developed 93hp at 5600rpm, perhaps your friends engine could be a 4efe? that engine developed 82hp....

meh

doubt its the injectors. it sounds like its having trouble sparking when the revs go up. if there wasnt enough fuel it would still rev but get seriously hot.

I would also check the air filter!!! Remember when i put a cheapy induction kit on my old 106, it struggled to get revs up over 4000!

Rich

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links