Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bhp Gain.

Corolla_XLI

How much bhp will I gain by doing the following mods on the 1.3 rolla (4efe engine).

Standard bhp is 88. I guess I've gained 2 or 3 bhp already.

I've already fitted a Remus back box - car feels a bit more responsive, especially at low revs and motorway speed. I've had a Ramair induction kit, but with all the cold air feed, it was still sucking in a lot of hot air from the engine bay! Took the induction kit off and installed a K&N drop in filter in the airbox - performs much better than induction kit!

I'm planning to fit an FSE power boost valve and a straight through Sebring (no silencer) middle exhaust section.

Cheers. :thumbsup:

Just out of interest mate what is the most you have got out of ur 1.3? As i have the same 4efe engine.

Just out of interest mate what is the most you have got out of ur 1.3?  As i have the same 4efe engine.

I'm just sorting out the car at the moment, should be finished with my project in the summer.

I haven't tried the top speed yet, but I got to 110mph at about 5500 revs on M1 once, when the car was standard (with 15" wheels). (Didn't risk going any faster, too many cops about at that time!) I know these engines will do 120mph with a bit of tuning. But since I got done for speeding (36 in a 30 zone) and had to go to one of them Speed awareness courses to avoid points on my licence, I rarely go above 90 mph now :censor:

What mods have u done?

I've fitted 17" wheels, Remus back box, K&N filter, Gmax lowering springs (will be uprating to Konis adjustables kit in the summer). Planning to fit FSE p.boost valve and a straight through exhaust mid section (without a silencer). Then hopefully take the car for a tune up, so that everything is set up just right!

mate if ur looking a little extra power put the jdm spec manifold onto ur car. its the funny shaped one!!

I have only put 16" fox evo 8s on mine, i have big plans for it but have to watch my insurance as im 17 yrs young. I want some skirts, spoiler, KnN air filter and a sports exhaust later on. All else i have done is put transfers down the front door panels a sun strip and seat belt pad things, cant really afford that much else because of my insurance lol. I take it urs is that hatchback? I have the liftback, which is quite a !Removed! to find kit for. Must admit the 1.3 engine does feel pretty quick, but it is vertually a 1.4 (86bhp standard)..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links