Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla Ae100

DJR-TRD

Hi, I have a corolla AE100 1.3L, 2E engine carbed,

I want to know where can I find complete specs for this engine and vehicle as well, that is like HP, bore&stoke, car's weight and such. Thanks a lot! :thumbsup:

Hi!

I have Corolla with the same engine. Mine is from 1990, and there are slight differences on engine depending on year that car was built:

Engine Type Valv/Cyl Year Disp. BHP Torque Bore Stroke CR stock boost+other remarks

/angle [*=JIS] [lb ft] [mm or inches]

2E* SOHC 84 1295 65@6000 72@3800

2E SOHC 3 85- 1295* 82@6000 77@5200 73 77.4 9.3:1

2E SOHC 3 85 1295 74@6200 76@4200 73 77.4

When I was on my technical for car registration, empty car weighted aproxx. 900 kilograms (or about 1800 pounds)

My engine is the last one with 74 HP, which was used in Europe models from 1988-1992. I have that car for 13 years and almost 100.000 miles on it, and the only problem with that engine are sensitive valve stem seals - engine can burn very big amount of oil because of valve seals (they are sensitive to stop and go city driving). But, Toyota released improved valve seals that will last minimum 150.000 miles with higher engine temps than normal. That's the only problem with that engine. (If you have blue smoke on start-up or when idling for a long time, but NOT while you driving it, that's the broken valve seals). I have manual so I can type some informations - just ask what you want to know. And I have updated servicing charts, so... ask:)

BTW, for 13 years I've done only regular maintenance (oil and filter is a MUST on 3.000 miles), and I've only changed water pump after 70.000 miles...

Regards,

Ivan,

Belgrade, Serbia :thumbsup:

thats nice !

Mine's a 95, with 198,000kms

Ive had no problems at all with that engine, only broken retainters. mines a manual also, so if you can add some more info that'll be very nice.

thanks for everything!

PD: my corolla is the jap spec, i live down here at Panama, do you know which of the 3 2Es my car has ?

Hi!

If it's Japanese (like mine) and it's built after 1988 it is the last one:

2E SOHC 3 85 1295 74@6200 76@4200 73 77.4

They are the same engines, slight difference is due to catalysator and rating of power between the countries. I have no catalysator - it is removed by Toyota here in Belgrade, because in 1990, in former Yugoslavia nobody used unleaded fuel.

You have redesigned body model, mine it's manufactured from 1988-1992. They used reinforced valve seals in engine after that, because they discovered that 90% of engines manufactured from 1988-1992 had weak valve seals (it was a fault of a company who delivered seals to Toyota). So, I think you don't have to worry about that :)

I have a new maintenance specs, I can send you to e-mail if you want :)

regards,

Ivan :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links