Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Newbie Saying Hello

ian01

Just saying a big loud hello to you all from a former mazda mx6 owner and MX6.COM forum member, which i loved so much but thought i would sell and have a nice 4 door family car, i did and ended up with a vectra sri 140 wich after a week i hated it so much i got rid and have now purchased a silver celica gen 6 1994 import that seems to be growing on me by the day and was thrilled to find a owners club like this, when i first drove the celica it felt a little heavy but i have got used to that now, the garage that sold it to me said it had 176BHP but after scanning the forums i think its 140BHP, model e-st202-BLMK, engine 3S-FE but it is a nice car and the garage did change all the filters and fully syn oil, the heat sheild was loose so they fixed that and i hope i get to have some fun out of the celica. I noticed on the forum that you recommend super unleaded fuel for imports

and was wondering if that is why mine when warm and just ticking over seems to be just under the 900 rpm cause i only use normal unleaded.

sorry if i`ve been gabbing away its just good to see some people who have a passion for there cars.

cheers ian :thumbsup:

cant see how it can tick over at just under 9000 , the rev counter dont go that high. :lol:

do you mean 900 rpm ???

Welcome to the nut house. :group-cuddles:

Yes sorry 900rpm i stand corrected, maybe i should stay of the red wine till a little later

i'd reset the ecu after a tank of optimax , then keep on optimax , as imports were mapped on 100 ron fuel.You will also see a difference in power too.to reset the ecu either take out fuse EFI or dissconnect earth from Battery . press brake twice to clear any 12v power left in ecu wait 30 seconds then put fuse back or reconnect earth .the ecu then will re learn to the new fuel octane rating.

i'd reset the ecu after a tank of  optimax , then keep on optimax , as imports were mapped on 100 ron fuel.You will also see a difference in power too.to reset the ecu either take out fuse EFI or dissconnect earth from battery . press brake twice to clear any 12v power left in ecu wait 30 seconds then put fuse back or reconnect earth .the ecu then will re learn to the new fuel octane rating.

ok thanks a lot, will be filling up tonight so i will give it a try

:P Lol Ian hiya and welcome as Asha said to the nut house!!!!...by the way stay on the wine matey youre gonna need it!!!! :thumbsup: no worries on the probs matey as we have some gen6 masters on this forum!!!!! :thumbsup:

:P Lol Ian hiya and welcome as Asha said to the nut house!!!!...by the way stay on the wine matey youre gonna need it!!!!  :thumbsup: no worries on the probs matey as we have some gen6 masters on this forum!!!!! :thumbsup:

cheers m8y will do

Welcome to TOC. Keep on the vino rosso and away from the Sisters of TOC (You`ll find out later :lol: ) and you`ll be fine. :D :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Welcome to TOC. Keep on the vino rosso and away from the Sisters of TOC (You`ll find out later  :lol: ) and you`ll be fine.  :D  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

thanks and cheers i will keep a look out :eek:

Oh Ian did I forget to mention that I am a full blooded Sister of TOC. Go GOLD and you will reap the rewards and then some.

Isnt that right boys?????

Oh Ian did I forget to mention that I am a full blooded Sister of TOC. Go GOLD  and you will reap the rewards and then some.

Allegedly. :lol::lol:

Oh Ian did I forget to mention that I am a full blooded Sister of TOC. Go GOLD  and you will reap the rewards and then some.

full blooded hey, would go down well with this bottle of full bodied, sound good

:unsure: lol Asha im still recovering from the christmas do!!!!!!!!!!!! Had the hotle mail my kidneys back!!!! :D

:unsure: lol Asha im still recovering from the christmas do!!!!!!!!!!!! Had the hotle mail my kidneys back!!!! :D

ha Tom twas a good laugh.

Welcome :thumbsup:

Another local celica! What part of Stoke-on-Trent are you from? You'll probably see me as I drive through atleast twice a day!

Celicas-R-Us and now you too :thumbsup:

Welcome to the Club Ian :thumbsup:

i'd reset the ecu after a tank of  optimax , then keep on optimax , as imports were mapped on 100 ron fuel.You will also see a difference in power too.to reset the ecu either take out fuse EFI or dissconnect earth from battery . press brake twice to clear any 12v power left in ecu wait 30 seconds then put fuse back or reconnect earth .the ecu then will re learn to the new fuel octane rating.

Does that work for Gen 7's too. I mean I know there's a difference when I fill on with Optimax with mine (T-Sport Celica).........does it remap automatically then, or would it benefit from 're-learning' by doing as you describe above?

Cheers,

Dunk

P.S. - oh, and welcome to the club!!! :)

Welcome :thumbsup:

Another local celica! What part of Stoke-on-Trent are you from? You'll probably see me as I drive through atleast twice a day!

"Thanks and cheers to everyone for the warm welcome of a new member "

SOTAL : :thumbsup: I`VE seen a few in stoke since i had mine both in silver, gen 6 but will look out for you next time i`m on the road

i am from south stoke on trent, just off trentham road, Drubbery lane but never know if we come under longton, dresden or blurton.

thanks and keep a look out

, ian

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links