Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

£3-4k To Spend On A Celica Gt4

STi_Type_R

Hello members of the toyota forum, I was recommended by my mate Q, a.k.a. Bassjunky to ask you knowledgable folks for some help, new here and looking for your advice please as i am new to these cars!

I am thinking of selling my impreza type R and moving to a celica GT4. I will have about £3-4k to spend on engine mods alone. Anybody got any idea what i should be looking for or who you recommend to do the work. Also what power could i be looking at

I am looking to keep everyday useabilty aswell so if i would require to upgrade my suspension and brakes etc do you have any recommendations from experience?

Thanks in advance!

Hi fella how do?

Good to see you've come to the right place

I'm sure the people on here will be able to help you - come on TOC do me proud

Well for a start GOOD MORNING and welcome to the best club in the Universe, :thumbsup:

The Celica boys will be along very shortly to help you answer your question. :group-cuddles:

do you know which type of GT4 you can afford???

taking a guess at a ST205

weak points are the standard clutch as soon as you go above standard power and the front suspension wears out and needs replaced at about 70k miles costing nearly £1k each side including labour

pretty easy to get power from these, one of my friends had a cat-back exhaust and induction kit, 1.2bar and made 310bhp so with £3-4k to spend you could be in for 400 ponies ;)

do you know which type of GT4 you can afford???

taking a guess at a ST205

weak points are the standard clutch as soon as you go above standard power and the front suspension wears out and needs replaced at about 70k miles costing nearly £1k each side including labour

pretty easy to get power from these, one of my friends had a cat-back exhaust and induction kit, 1.2bar and made 310bhp so with £3-4k to spend you could be in for 400 ponies ;)

love the st205 gt4's but, have u considered a jap spec twin turbo supra?

could get one for the same money as a gt4, could spend less money on the supra and get alot more bhp.

hello and welcome. baz

3/4k on the car .. I'd go for the basics :

Filter & exhaust

Good boost controller

Clutch and flywheel

Good pads and disks

Then get a few track days. The best mod you can do to your car to make it faster is improve the driver ;)

And welcome ..

Thanks for the help so far, welshman i was wanting to keep to the 4wd set up although a supra could be an option if a TT 6sp Aero appears! Also I was looking for about 400+bhp from it at the end. I will probably try and fit a carbon twin plate clutch and upgrade the suspension and brakes.

Any more ideas and places you would recommend? nice and helpful so far, thanks people!

And yes it is the ST205 one.

www.gt4oc.net , also a 96 onwards would be a safer bet as the block was made thicker and can take more bhp.

www.gt4oc.net  , also a 96 onwards would be a safer bet as the block was made thicker and can take more bhp.

Thread hijack. Marc. Do you know what the engine numbers are for 96 onwards engines? :D

Back to the thread :thumbsup:

no idea mate - back to thread . ;)

www.gt4oc.net  , also a 96 onwards would be a safer bet as the block was made thicker and can take more bhp.

This is not 100% accurate - even a brand new block from Toyota may possibly be of the thinner variety.

There is no definitive cut-off as to when the better blocks were introduced.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links