Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

All 4 Rear Lights Lit Up

mr2nut123

ok ive noticed a few pics of rev3 and clear lights with all 4 parts lit up, asin 4 bulbs red at the back. how is this done? i really want to do it on mine. instructions appreciated if anyones got any? :thumbsup:

myself also as I'm swapping my rev6 rears for rev3 lights this weekend. Also be interested in the whole 4 lights lighting up thing. :)

If your car's are imports the wiring should be set up for all 4 side/brake lights to come on, if they don't they've been re-wired, e.g when a fresh import comes to me instead of adding a rear foglamp i disconnect 2 of the light's and turn them into rear fog's, which mean's i have to cut and re-wire.

Firstly check if your car is uk or import b'coz as far as i know the uk spec only light's up 2 side/brake lights.

Secondly, if it's an import do you have a seperate rear fog lamp or is it in the actual rear lights.

I may be wrong but i'll double check it and let you guy's know.

For now just check the 2 thing's mentioned

Good luck! :thumbsup:

Hey guys, I did thid really easily a few weekends ago! just get 2 dual Filament bulb holders from another Toyota, preferably an Mr2 for ease.( you can get them at a dealership or a scrappy, Jim the one near me has loads!!! and you need 2 dual filament bulbs, just replace the ones that don't light up with these....sorted! its a well easy job, especially if I can do it!

cheers,

Michael.

My mates an auto electrician and he's wired mine to be 4 sides/4 brakes with the inner 2 also being the fogs. I have dual filament holders/bulbs in all 4 positions. He used 4 one way diodes to stop the fog light coming on the dash when I brake and all 4 lighting up when fogs are on, apparently you need high amperage(sp) ones so they don't get hot with the fogs on.

It's easy to do .. I've also got the corner reflectors lit (which took a bit more time).

The Japenese one had 2 lights on for driving, then all 4 for braking.

I've got all 4 for driving, all 4 for braking, inside two for fogs, and the reflecters for driving.

Makes me easy to spot at night ..

It's easy to do .. I've also got the corner reflectors lit (which took a bit more time).

Aye... Cant remember if you said you had some more that you was bringing to the track attack? :bookworm: :rolleyes:

The Japenese one had 2 lights on for driving, then all 4 for braking.

I've got all 4 for driving, all 4 for braking, inside two for fogs, and the reflecters for driving.

Makes me easy to spot at night ..

Trust me you are lit up like a X-mas Tree.. :lol::thumbsup:

no spares bro .. but I'll let you know how to get them ..

The JDM cars have the four sidelights and the two outers as brakelights as standard.

The UK cars have two outers as side/brakes and the two inners as fogs as standard.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links