Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mr-s

deanom999

I bought an MR-S October 2003 from a gentlemen based in Yorkshire. I had it checked over by a mechanic and it was perfect. The vehicle was imported from Japan around Feb of that year. The owner did all the neccessary in terms of modifications, registering it, etc.. The vehicle is a W-Reg (new shape). Very low mileage, etc... I am now trying to sell it but am having big problems cos everyone is scared of it being an Import. Is there anything I can do to put people minds at rest. The problem is there is no service history. (I know a trip to Toyota for a service is probably a start!). Anyone had any experience in selling an import ? :crybaby:

I bought an MR-S October 2003 from a gentlemen based in Yorkshire.  I had it checked over by a mechanic and it was perfect. The vehicle was imported from Japan around Feb of that year.  The owner did all the neccessary in terms of modifications,  registering it, etc.. The vehicle is a W-Reg (new shape). Very low mileage, etc...  I am now trying to sell it but am having big problems cos everyone is scared of it being an Import.  Is there anything I can do to put people minds at rest. The problem is there is no service history. (I know a trip to Toyota for a service is probably a start!).  Anyone had any experience in selling an import ?    :crybaby:

eBay... A friend of mine sells imports on there, no reserve, and a srtating price of 99p. It doesnt take long to get up to sensible price levels...

Failing that, wait a short while, until the summer really gets going, and then try selling it...

Theres no real major differences between the UK and J-Spec model, 99% of the parts are the same. The only real pain is that the OBDII diagnostics port doesnt seem to want to talk to UK code readers. Sadly thats not enought oconvince some people, as te car will cost more to insure, and will inevitably be worth less than a UK/ EU import... How much are you asking for it?

I realistically think I'll get about £8k for it ?? It's only got 19,000 miles on the clock and is in mint condition. Having recently looked on the Toyota garage forecourts they have come down in price drastically.

eBay... A friend of mine sells imports on there, no reserve, and a srtating price of 99p. It doesnt take long to get up to sensible price levels...

Failing that, wait a short while, until the summer really gets going, and then try selling it...

Theres no real major differences between the UK and J-Spec model, 99% of the parts are the same. The only real pain is that the OBDII diagnostics port doesnt seem to want to talk to UK code readers. Sadly thats not enought oconvince some people, as te car will cost more to insure, and will inevitably be worth less than a UK/ EU import... How much are you asking for it?