Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

17" Rims On A Rolla

Matty_c_2oo4

Hi i own a 2001 corolla i'm in the process of lukin for sum rims for the rolla i've decided to go for 17" is this a wise choice for starters is their ne arch work need doing? also i was looking to drop it 30mm agen is this wise with me wanting 17"? would be most grate full if you could post me sum pictures of cars with 17's on either lowered or standard but please state which?

Thanks alot

Matt

ec0ce20b.jpg

And yeah... it does need lowered

My 2000 SR, standard suspension at the moment. 17" with 205/40 tyres. 42 mm offset.

Want to lower it but I reckon im going to have to roll arches, probably will just to be safe.

I get a tiny amount of scrub on the inner arch when at full lock.

Be careful of the offset of the wheels. Usually a 35-38mm is the norm for a corolla. The tyre width is also important, as is the profile height if lowering the car.

Wheels will need to be 4 x 100 PCD Offset 35- 38 mm and Centre bore of 56 mm.

More folk will be along later to post pics probably. ae111sr will have some good info as he had a few problems when fitting wheels/suspension to his.

Nah, I wouldn't lower it.

It looks just right as it is. :thumbsup:

;)

Not too sure on handling though :rolleyes:

It looks higher in the flesh then! :yes:

newpic1.jpg

17's (42mm offset), dropped 35mm, no problems. This is my old ride, now Scott's car :thumbsup:

Check out my website link in my sig too :yes:

Joe

I didnt know your wheels were 42mm offset too GiJoe90. Yeah ive had a good few peeks at the site in the past!

and you had no problem with scrubbage with folk in the back or full lock?

Ive got a set of lowering springs for it, have had them for over a year, just never wanted to fit only them without new shocks too!

Yeah Firthy is a lucky chap! :yes:

I didnt know your wheels were 42mm offset too GiJoe90. Yeah ive had a good few peeks at the site in the past!

Ive got a set of lowering springs for it, have had them for over a year, just never wanted to fit only them without new shocks too!

Yeah Firthy is a lucky chap!  :yes:

Never had three people in the back but no problems. Only time I heard it catch was when going down a country lane at speed and the road was very undulating.

Joe

Ok, cheers mate. Will look into it and prob get it lowered before JAE, worst comes to worst, I will just fit the springs I have.

Thanks again.

Ross

17s (cant remember offset off the top of my head will have a look tommorrow)mine dropped 40mm on springs have no probs with scraping exept once with like 4 people in the back (two of which were fat knackers) and two in the front although some people have said that theirs rubbed on the rear arches without any load :unsure: but never on mine :thumbsup:

mine

Hi, I don't mean to hijack the thread, but do the measurements mentioned on here apply to my 1.4 Vida Liftback (5dr 00 model). I don't plan on lowering it either.

Cheers Dave

(and does no one on here own a (00-02) 5dr liftback?

Yeah Firthy is a lucky chap!  :yes:

Never had three people in the back but no problems. Only time I heard it catch was when going down a country lane at speed and the road was very undulating.

Joe

Yeah it does catch on the rear arches with 3 in the back and 2 in the front, but only if the road is really bumpy, but go slow enough and it doesnt bother it. I went down to donny with three people in and the car was fully loaded with tents and booze etc and it didnt scrape once :thumbsup:

Cheers mate!

and yeah, there are a couple of members with 5 door facelifted e111's londoner

My corolla is lowered 40mm, bought the springs from AZMotors online. Also got a backbox on it from AZMotors.

corollaside.jpg

They also sell clutches online, 4AGE, 4AGEZ, 3SGTE and for everything else in two makes, QH and Asco Icin Japanese Clutches (you have to ring up for the Icin clutches)!

Hi, I don't mean to hijack the thread, but do the measurements mentioned on here apply to my 1.4 Vida Liftback (5dr 00 model). I don't plan on lowering it either.

Cheers Dave

(and does no one on here own a (00-02) 5dr liftback?

Unless the story on facelifted liftbacks has changed, the best modding parts will have to be imported from central europe or Australia, as that is where the liftbacks of this european style where also sold.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links