Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Farewell Toc

pizza boy

Well I havent been on this forum in a while because my car was written off :crybaby: . It happened 2 months ago and I decided to keep it quiete and wait till things got sorted out before I announced it. A few members were aware of it..Jimlad, Rico, Kal, MSherry and thanks for your advice during it all guys.

It was on a well known accident blackspot...sharp 90 degree bend on a crest uphill..car slid into a ditch at 5mph on a veryy vvery cold night (feels awful...slidin and not bein able to do jack about it) the ultimate kick in the face was when the gritter truck pulled up 10min later. And no I was not speeding tho hell I wish I was goin slower now!

Cops told me I was the fourth car to slide into it that month and the ditch was cut out deliberatly by a farmer who was sick of cars sliding into his field during the winter months :angry: .

Well good news is...I got a good payout tho only after fighting with the insurer over thier pathetic offers. I got FOUR offers until I accepted a good un. I thought about another mr2 Turbo but rev4s are rare and they are too overpriced...plus I know ill NEVER get a minter like the one I had at the price. It still holds the record at Dastek for the highest ever bhp output with the necessary decat+zorst combo.The car will be put on the internet by the insurer so I have no idea what breaker will end up with it.(many people asked me for parts from it...soz guys I dunno where its goin)

So now...im the proud owner of a MIIIIIINT 98 Series1 Elise(im so lucky when buying cars lol) in Nautilus blue and tan leather interior. I had to stay MR heh. Im picking it up next Tuesday...roll on summer and many a track day. My mate just bought an Exige too so road trips are on the cards :D

I have to say tho this forum and its members have been great and ive made quite a few good friends with the scottish TOC members and even tho im not Toyota anymore im still comin to TOC meets so dont erase my number aiight mr jimlad n rico!

So ill see you guys soon and occasionally ill drop on here...to err....say how ill have you all on the b-roads hehe! :P

Over and out :thumbsup:

Bugger - Another lost TOC car............... :crybaby: At least you are OK :thumbsup:

Just put a MR2 body kit on the Lotus and problem solved - you'll be back on here full-time.......... :lol:

Don't be a stranger now :thumbsup:

Sad news about your car... although like you said I've known for a while. Was wondering when you were gonna gimme an update on your plans.

An Elise eh?? .... haw haw!! ... have to gimme a shot of that beastie!!

Cool!!! Will defo give you a bizz at the next meet. Need to get myself a gearbox sorted out tho. Hopefully next month.

Sorry to hear that mate!

Yeah, stick with the TOC meets! Always different cars there anyway! :thumbsup:

Glad you have sorted a new motor already, seen the club up at Knockhill a few times and they seem pretty cool. :)

aww mate sorry to hear that, thanks for the farewell now.

no reason to stop using the forum... look at breezer!

Yeah no need to go, stick around, you are most welcome!

Sorry to hear about the car though - thats harsh..... :(

Hehh tar guys! Man Jimlad you have no idea how many of me Glasgow car crew mates were against me gettin an Elise! They were spouting Evo this and Supra that due to my price range (12k) Tho now I have one they are all like.."*****! geeza shot Ive always wanted to drive an Elise!!" And as you known my good mates own evos scoobs supras etc lol! Ah every1 loves the wee elise. And yea of course you can have a shot mate...tho you will have to queue! :)

Did you lose it on the low moss back road by any chance?

Keep in touch mate,bring it to the next meet sounds like a beast ! :thumbsup:

12K price range and you bought one of those... lol.

God damn... my turn...

SUPRA TT!!!!! I KNOW SOMEONE DOWN HERE WHO HAS A JAP TT FOR SALE.... (9.5K) .... but he's said to me he would take £8K FOR IT!!!! ARGH YOU NUMPTY......

anyway... yeah, I'll have a shot... :)

Na Streetracer Starlet it was up robroyston...Westerhill road...tis a small country road near me house. Jimlad I paid 9250 for my minter elise...brand new engine fitted and supplied by Lotus Murrays in Edinburgh and no expense spared on it. Previous onwer is a 55 year old doctor whos pretty darn rich (the best type of lotus ownerr as they dont shortcut with parts heh)He blew a head gasket and ran a few miles and was paranoid his car was gubbed...so...being rich he paid 5495 for a new engine only 6k miles on it.

He sold it cheap as his drive is packed with Lotuses...111r, Esprit, Elan and didnt mind underpricing it a few grand. Man I was lucky I seen the ad the day it went up...bought it there and then. The amount of calls he got during the sale was unreal :blink:

Martin has the series1 exige in chrome orange...the best version of the exige in the best colour! He wrote off his FQ300 on a roundabout..again black ice in december..he hit the only pole on the roundabout lol! he didnt like it anways....especially after I beat on him with my mr2 arfarf!

The glassgow lads have done some quality work to thier cars since you last saw em...ull see next time you come up.

sad to hear it fella

fine motor in return though

Salaam bro.. firstly your ok... thats the main thing..

I did hear in the grapevine what had happend but its good to hear from ya!

Nice choice in the Elise.. i love those mota's!.. and the MPG compared to the tubby is to die for! i believe its 30mpg+??

All the best lad.. :yes::thumbsup:

Sad to hear that man, but chin up :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear about your new car.... Em, i mean the '2 :D

Michael had said you were after an elise, hope its a good un.

Also, you should have bought the MR2 back from the insurance co...you'd have made loads from parts!

Catch you laters...

Don't the Elise's have Toyota Engines now?

I heard they started off with the MG 1.8l engine found in the MG TF's, but after a while of continueous problems, they now have a Toyota engine... May be very wrong here :unsure:

Don't the Elise's have Toyota Engines now?

I heard they started off with the MG 1.8l engine found in the MG TF's, but after a while of continueous problems, they now have a Toyota engine... May be very wrong here :unsure:

I believe the new Elises have the VVT-i engine from Toyota.. :yes::thumbsup:

Wots up pizzaface! :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear about the '2 but good news on the Elise! :D

Mr Evo wrote off his car too, man thats harsh, I loved that Evo! :drool:

Thanks for the replies chaps! :thumbsup: Ryan theres already an evo8 gsr in our mob...kevs silver one with cf bonnet an spoiler and black wheels so we dont miss martin evo7 that much lol.

Ive got the elise now its awsome! and **** do I get soooo much attention in it! The paints a very rare nautilus blue...a blue/green/black flip its awsome! B) Cant wait for ye scot TOC guys to see it :thumbsup:

ps rico...I got your foggys...text me when your comin uo to glasgow aaaaight! B)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links