Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Short Shift More Like Short *****

em_ar_two

just buggered about fittin a short shifter to find out there complete sh1te, it dosent go into first propperly coz the shifter bangs the rod controller and when it drops into second etc it smacks the surround, what prat designed the bleedin things they want glasses. biggest bag of junk i ever bought

said year 91-95 on it, and i havent seen one different, cant understand why its crap, thought it worked until i tryed moving it, when i shift it into first i have to bang across the rod to the left to get it into gear and then when i drop it down into second i have to push it from the front and move my hand coz it bangs the black console even without the gaitor on

its this one i got

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...4544523268&rd=1

It's not the same shifter as most ppl have.

Mine is TRD and I have NO issues ..

my trd is well good also.

yeah but yours has a trd price, im a tight ubikd git lol

Pays your money, takes your choice .. can you send it back?

yeah but yours has a trd price, im a tight ubikd git lol

sounds like you got tight ubikd quality :thumbsup:

Is it poss you fitted it wrong? or is it maybe damaged?

Contact the seller and say your having problems with it, might replace it...

I've heard of a few other people who have had problems with this model of shifter. The original (and the TRD) have an offset in the shaft to clear the side of the frame. This doesn't and always clips. It doesn't have the shift connector at the back of the shaft as per the original, it's in the centre, which also causes problems as the gear knob ends up in the wrong place and it can screw up the change completely as the cables end up wrong and need to be adjusted.

I've heard of a few other people who have had problems with this model of shifter. The original (and the TRD) have an offset in the shaft to clear the side of the frame. This doesn't and always clips. It doesn't have the shift connector at the back of the shaft as per the original, it's in the centre, which also causes problems as the gear knob ends up in the wrong place and it can screw up the change completely as the cables end up wrong and need to be adjusted.

finally someone who understands lol, cant say as its worth the trd price for what it does, hardly makes a difference, i can feel it but cant understand the appeal of having one on, its my first and last shortshifter i think trd or not trd.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links