Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Judder In Fifth And Braking

Ratchy

Hi, i've read a few posts regarding steering wobble in high gears, most seem to point towards wheel balancing :huh:

i have a similair problem in my 51 reg avensis estate, except when braking lightly, I get a similiar wobble too, again this only happens when braking at speed (70-60mph).

It has 87K on the clock, do you thinks its the brakes,clutch or anything else?

Also any idea how much it will cost for new discs allround?

thanks

I have "wobble" when braking - as do others that own Avenis. I just learn to live with it as it does not seem to effect the brake perfomance!

Sounds like you have got worn brake disc's If you replace them this should sort out the wobbling when you are braking. Run your fingers along the front disc's if you can feel some deep score's on the disc that will tell you if they are uneven ;) Also it best to replace the brake pad's at the same time as well :thumbsup:

jerry!!

Johnsons in Liverpool, reckon it could be the brakes too, they've quoted me £90 per disc change, does this seem steep? they've also qouted me £170 to have them skimmed, is this worh doing or should I get them changed? :(

Johnsons in Liverpool, reckon it could be the brakes too, they've quoted me £90 per disc change, does this seem steep? they've also qouted me £170 to have them skimmed, is this worh doing or should I get them changed? :(

Johnsons have skimmed mine twice under warranty and I havent noticed any difference. I wouldnt bother if I were paying for it.

dont bother with skimming them, they will never be the same. think u can get the disc's alot cheaper than that, try www.speedways.co.uk

i bought all my discs off them, very good on the price and quality. ended up with mintex discs......brill.

as someone said earlier.....change the pads as well, and dont forget to run ur brakes in for 500miles.

hope ive been of help to u.

baz

thanks!

Going to go ahead and get them changed. At least i get a discount with the Gold membership!

They said the discs were too badly corroded to be skimmed anyway. You think they would have picked that up in the MOT I had done last week! :censor:

they only check brake performance on the mot, they could be close to shattering , as long as they pass the brake readings on the machine they will pass an mot test. try --- www.brakesinternational.co.uk for a quote on brake discs.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links